9.6 crashes

This needs to be moved to 9.6 bug reports, sorry.

Started playing the 9.6 beta last night, so far have had 3 crashes, one I had once before, the other two are new.

1. Entered the new cave in the ship graveyard, killed everything and went to exit at the other end, crashed with the error that there was no memory to draw the map, had this happen before.

2. Cleared the area from the prison to the ship graveyard, went to enter the ship graveyard and crashed, cant remember what the error message was.

3. Was just playing, tried to TP from the forest encampment to the crossroads, crashed, got this error message Audio/sound effects/ etc loop.ogg decoded no data. Sound were playing while I was in the encampmant

Have been playing some more and have continued to crash, two crashes had the following error message, not exactly the same but similar and this isnt complete.

Art/Textures/Environment/beaach/Wangmudstones.dds":
In source code file
Resource/textureResource.opp at line 37
Error: E_out of memory
Description out of memory

OK reinstalled the game to see if that was a problem, went on the US server, couildnt go into any instances, so went on to the Europe server. Did the Ship graveyard quest and clearedt he coves, then I opened a portal and tried to go to the shore encampment, I crashed again. It was the same basic error message as the one above, out of memeory.
Last edited by GhostPain on Feb 8, 2012, 2:09:45 PM
What system specs do you have on your pc? We'll be able to work out the cause from that. Also, this has only happened since 0.9.6? Has anything changed with your character, like skills you use, etc?
Balance & Design
Here are my system stats.

Dell XPS 630
Intel quad core 2.40 GHz
ram 3325
windows vista, 32 bit
Nvida GeForce 8800 GT
I did have a system crash yesterday that resulted in my reinstalling widows vista, I thought the problem may be the virtual memory so I increased the size 6000 for the min and 12000 for the max.

After I did that played for awhile, cleared the coves and when I tried to enter Merviels caves I crashed and got the following error message.

Unable to create Texture D3DXERR_Ivaliddata invalid data
Went back and set the system to manage the virtual memory.

THen went back in and ran through the ship graveyard and coves to try to get the WP in the carven of woe. I made it there and was able to enter without crashing. I then cleared levels 1 and 2 of the cavern and then killed Merviel. But when I went to exit to the forest the game crashed. Below is the error message.

Unable to create Texture. E_outofmemory

Oh there is also a runtime error.
Last edited by GhostPain on Feb 8, 2012, 8:49:01 PM
Went into options and turned some things off to see if that helped. Went from the prison gate to the entrance to the ship graveyard and crashed when I tried to go through. Got this Error message.

Unable to map the file

and again there was the runtime error

With my reinstalling Vista maybe I dont have the latest version of some windows add on that is needed.
Last edited by GhostPain on Feb 8, 2012, 10:05:02 PM
Okay, it sounds like you're having a long-term problem of ours that we've been trying to fix. For now, the only real solution is to restart the game every hour or so - Though you can try running this, just in case something is wrong with your game file?
Balance & Design
i had the same crash with the errormessage:

Unable to create Texture. E_outofmemory

it was not in the areas mentioned in the other post, though.
and also it seems to be new to 096, since i did not have it in 095.
it happened after a longer session(3 hrs+),
and also after a short time, say 10 minutes.
next time it happens i will do another post and state the exact text of the error message/ circustances.
i used the "packcheck.exe" as described, but everything seemed ok.
same here, already got 3 crashes, always when i try to next map or using waypoint and packchecker dont find anything.

my computer spec are:

Windows 7 32x ultimate
intel core 2 duo
ati sapphire HD 4850 1GB
4 GB DDR2
10/100/1000 internet adapter
often the beginning of the game crash ((
First time in the new cave in the ship graveyard,and next time in town when see skill tree,not any messages could not be...
my systems
Windows 7 64x
Amd AthlonII x4 640
memory 4gb
VGA gts 450
Sound Realtek HDA
Last edited by jmurikus on Feb 9, 2012, 11:55:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info