9.6 crashes

Ok I tried the pack check, no errors reported. Went into the game to see if it had helped. Started at the forest encampment, ran through the old field killing things on the way, when I tried to enter the crossroads the game crashed, so no change.
If any of you are regularly having this crash after less than 30 minutes of playing, please let us know - At the moment, the only way to get around this is restart your client every hour or so, or whenever you get to town. We're looking at a long-term solution for this problem soon.
Balance & Design
Well as I mentioned above I did a run through the old fields, just killed a few along the way, took maybe 5-10 min.. When I tried to go into the crossroads it crashed. Probably the shortest, I entered the game and with in a few min. attempted to tak the WP to an area and the game crashed. That has happened twice.

On the other hand I also have started at shore encampment, took the WP to the Cavern of Woe, there did the two levels then killed Mervil, which took some time. I made into the forest, got the WP started for the forest encampment didnt get far and the game crashed with the same out of memory error message.

Its not so much the time, most of the crashes I have occurr when trying to go from one instance to another.
Last edited by GhostPain on Feb 9, 2012, 6:03:42 PM
Not sure if this will help, I started the game again, with a new character I took the WP to the Cavern of Woe, I cleared the frist level, moved to the second instance/level with no problem, cleared the second level and moved to Merviels level/instance with no problem. Killed Merviel and moved to the forest instance with no problem and got the WP. Started to move toward the forest encampment and crash almost right away. The error mess was "enable to create vertex buffer E_OUTOFMEMORY.

So far I seem to crash every time I try to move from one instance to another, except in the cavern of woe.

Also in the cases when I crash, as soon as I click the white area to move to the next instance, sound cuts out. In the cavern of woe situation the sounds never cut out.
I have a problem with the tempest skill.
Last edited by Muerte18 on Feb 9, 2012, 8:59:39 PM
I just crashed 2 times in row after picking up Scrolls of Wisdom in Normal Crossroads (could not repeat crash after) and after that I crashed in Broken Bridge when I tried to level up Shield Charge.

Char name: Targuil
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Update: crashed again after trying to level various skill gems (Blood rage, reduce manacost, increased fire damage)
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
I had that error + crash after completing second act and trying to join the first act of the next quest (-> crash during load). I played all quests of the second act today.
Now crashing constantlly in the river crossing instance, within 5-10 min. of starting it. Usuallly two error messages. BOth of which are runtime errors.

Unable to create vertex buffer. E_outof memory

and

Unable to map file
The frequent crashing seems to happen only in towns, an easy fix for this is just running out to terraces or old fields where you will experience close to no crashes.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info