[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
Fire309 wrote:
w00tzor, maybe you might want to try using melee phys instead of faster attacks? Also, I feel with ToH up fortify in FB links isn't that necessary.

It is necessary when using abyssus and doing high level content in my opinion, just to be on the safer side, expecially because a death when you're lvl 94+ is really painful and tankes some time to recover HP. I made some more improvements today and touched 206k tooltip dps, haven't tryied melee phys yet just because it does not scale at all the damage of the projectiles.

I will keep testing.
"
w00tzor wrote:
"
Fire309 wrote:
w00tzor, maybe you might want to try using melee phys instead of faster attacks? Also, I feel with ToH up fortify in FB links isn't that necessary.

It is necessary when using abyssus and doing high level content in my opinion, just to be on the safer side, expecially because a death when you're lvl 94+ is really painful and tankes some time to recover HP. I made some more improvements today and touched 206k tooltip dps, haven't tryied melee phys yet just because it does not scale at all the damage of the projectiles.

I will keep testing.

Fortify is so much better than Culling Strike. Most of them time youll be whirling blade into trash thus granting the 20% you wont be whirling blade into low life units.
"
Covetousrat wrote:
"
w00tzor wrote:
"
Fire309 wrote:

I will keep testing.

Fortify is so much better than Culling Strike. Most of them time youll be whirling blade into trash thus granting the 20% you wont be whirling blade into low life units.

Yes. I also went back using the Starkonja. I always loved the Abyssus but when you are lvl 94+ dying is so painful. Less damage taken, more hp. Still miss the Abyssus damage, but on some bosses it's not an option in my opinion. Even in T13+ maps with bad rolls it's not an option.
"
w00tzor wrote:
but when you are lvl 94+ dying is so painful.

Same. That's why I switched to CI :P
good build, like it a lot
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 20, 2017, 12:49:01 AM
Looks good... Considering running either this or EleBuzzsaw for 3.0 league start. I like projectile / Raider.

Just tested this build briefly on my old Standard lvl89 Raider.
Picked up 2x Anguish, Starkonja, 2x threshold jewels. Rest of gear basically random crap I had previously from a HoWA character - so mostly +ele damage (rings) and +flat lightning, and energy shield stuff. Not optimal for this build, but not entirely useless. Gloves/boots/belt random armor or evasion stuff I had with some mid-tier life/resist rolls. No attack speed on gloves.

Didn't have a 6-L belly lying around, I only have 6-L vaal regalis on standard lol.
So i threw on a 5-L Queen of the Forest.

Picked up mostly lvl19 gems cause they were cheap. Spent 1ex on lvl20 frost blade /w 20 quality just cuz (i imagine 19 is fine on budget/league start etc.)

I only tested it a bit, but I ran 3-4 Strands with 20qual and alched with ZERO issues. Everything blows up just as fast as my previous GG Wanderfinder and HoWA builds from previous leagues.

Also ran 2 Vaults just to compare how it performs in "indoor" areas. Also no problems, fast clear. Zero deaths.

This might not sound impressive but note that I had...
3300hp
60%/40%/35% resists
75k tooltip DPS. (In hideout, only Herald of Ice and Hatred - No frenzies/flasks)
88% accuracy - basically none on gear. With one or two items, with the massive +% nodes this build takes, easily 92%+
I did not use ANY FLASKS. REPEAT. DID NOT CLICK A FLASK. (Had atziri/basalt/granite/vinktar equipped, but wanted to see how it performed w/o OP flasks)

I did a quick import into PoEBuilder just to check sheet DPS.
With the same gear (shit gear) and only adding Atziri flask (dirt cheap even early in league) and a Silver Flask, sheet DPS is:
254k - Melee Hit
209k - Frost Projectiles (Which chain multiple times)
(Note this is against trash, not Guardian/Shaper selected.)

Also, reminder this is with a 5-L Queen of the Forest.
The 6th link being Cold Penetration isn't even really needed for this build for Map clearing - it's nice for bosses, but being a league starter/budget build... it's good to not absolutely need the 6th link for trash DPS.

I know this isn't much data... But figured I'd share my opinion for those interested in this build. I know with some basic gear-shuffling of rares (THIS BUILD ONLY USES 4 UNIQUES. Easy to fill out) I could easily reach 5k+ HP and max resists.

-------------------

TLDR: From personal experience with starting leagues with Ranger builds, this should be a strong 3.0 starting build, so give it a try!

Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Jun 22, 2017, 11:48:49 PM
"
KooperT wrote:
Looks good... Considering running either this or EleBuzzsaw for 3.0 league start. I like projectile / Raider.

Just tested this build briefly on my old Standard lvl89 Raider.
Picked up 2x Anguish, Starkonja, 2x threshold jewels. Rest of gear basically random crap I had previously from a HoWA character - so mostly +ele damage (rings) and +flat lightning, and energy shield stuff. Not optimal for this build, but not entirely useless. Gloves/boots/belt random armor or evasion stuff I had with some mid-tier life/resist rolls. No attack speed on gloves.

Didn't have a 6-L belly lying around, I only have 6-L vaal regalis on standard lol.
So i threw on a 5-L Queen of the Forest.

Picked up mostly lvl19 gems cause they were cheap. Spent 1ex on lvl20 frost blade /w 20 quality just cuz (i imagine 19 is fine on budget/league start etc.)

I only tested it a bit, but I ran 3-4 Strands with 20qual and alched with ZERO issues. Everything blows up just as fast as my previous GG Wanderfinder and HoWA builds from previous leagues.

Also ran 2 Vaults just to compare how it performs in "indoor" areas. Also no problems, fast clear. Zero deaths.

This might not sound impressive but note that I had...
3300hp
60%/40%/35% resists
75k tooltip DPS. (In hideout, only Herald of Ice and Hatred - No frenzies/flasks)
88% accuracy - basically none on gear. With one or two items, with the massive +% nodes this build takes, easily 92%+
I did not use ANY FLASKS. REPEAT. DID NOT CLICK A FLASK. (Had atziri/basalt/granite/vinktar equipped, but wanted to see how it performed w/o OP flasks)

I did a quick import into PoEBuilder just to check sheet DPS.
With the same gear (shit gear) and only adding Atziri flask (dirt cheap even early in league) and a Silver Flask, sheet DPS is:
254k - Melee Hit
209k - Frost Projectiles (Which chain multiple times)
(Note this is against trash, not Guardian/Shaper selected.)

Also, reminder this is with a 5-L Queen of the Forest.
The 6th link being Cold Penetration isn't even really needed for this build for Map clearing - it's nice for bosses, but being a league starter/budget build... it's good to not absolutely need the 6th link for trash DPS.

I know this isn't much data... But figured I'd share my opinion for those interested in this build. I know with some basic gear-shuffling of rares (THIS BUILD ONLY USES 4 UNIQUES. Easy to fill out) I could easily reach 5k+ HP and max resists.

Man, it's a glass cannon build, 107% life from the tree
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Jun 23, 2017, 5:25:04 AM
Is this build good as starter for 2W Mayhem? Is it good for breaches in maps (shaped strand)?
any1 considered using a Lycosidae shield for 100% hit chance, or are you losing too much damage?
"
buttcommander wrote:
any1 considered using a Lycosidae shield for 100% hit chance, or are you losing too much damage?

i used one for a while but damage difference is noticeable. also u need to change the dual wield nodes into something useful.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 24, 2017, 8:09:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info