[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

And forgot to say also got damage trouble! In hide 16k dps, with herald + hatred about 24k with charges in map then 37k DPS. With Aurabot i got about 50-120k dps.
make your profile public so we can look at your character
how?
EDIT: Public now!
Last edited by gunjahuer on Apr 8, 2017, 7:10:55 AM
You're using a cold snap jewel instead of frost blades ?

Why you using a mana flask ? With soul raker you should not need mana leech.

Use herald of ice + curse on hit + assassins mark in one of your weapons.

link fortify to your whirling blades. Replace hypothermia

I'd take points out of the vitality void cluster and put them into fangs of frost (more damage) and vaal pact (more life leech)

immortal call + knockback is kind of pointless. I personally like to use a lvl 1 cwdt gem with frost bomb for more cold pen
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 8, 2017, 4:43:43 PM
Is anyone able to look at my character to see what it is I'm doing wrong? I can clear mobs extremely fast but when I get to bosses from T7 maps upwards I instantly die. If there is anything I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it greatly, thankyou :)
"
BudgeAU wrote:
Is anyone able to look at my character to see what it is I'm doing wrong? I can clear mobs extremely fast but when I get to bosses from T7 maps upwards I instantly die. If there is anything I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it greatly, thankyou :)

Some bosses are harder than others due to style or tactics. You're only lvl 74 and most players are still farming Act 4 till then, let alone hitting mid-tier maps. Also, our leech is awesome but you still don't want to be face-tanking stuff. That's what your Totem is for while you zip around and attack from the sides.

Here's a few hints and tips though:

Change some of your gear. You've got two items that are hybrid with ES which is useless to us. Armour/Evasion is fine, but nothing with ES. As it is, your Gloves and Boots are really low in both Evasion and Armour respectively. You should be able to get a pair of boots with 200+ Armour and Evasion, life and some resists for next to nothing, particularly as we don't care about MS.

You've got three pieces of gear without any life role on them at all, and your amulet might as well not have life, so upgrade those, or at least master craft life on them if possible. Also aim for flat physical or cold damage on those items too. Don't worry about Crit rings just yet, you won't get a great advantage out of them for at least another 10 levels or so.

For your belt aim for a Rustic Sash as the increased Phys helps your damage output, and if you can get some Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons on it even better.

Lastly, see if you can swap out one of your flasks for a Basalt Flask of Iron skin. You get 20% reduced Phys damage taken plus a boost to your armour. You don't need it all the time but it will help your survivability during boss fights which is when you need it anyway.

For your tree, respec Forces of Nature and the other two points as well. Take two of those points and finish off the Fangs of Frost circle instead. You lose 40% cold damage and 6% penetration and gain 42% cold damage and 8% penetration, plus you have an extra point to spend.

Go to Primeval Force and respec the two 12% nodes to the left of the key stone. Also respec that random dexterity node to the left of your Fight for Survival Jewel slot. With this you're currently down 24% Elemental damage.

Now with your 4 spare points fill out the Claws of the Pride circle. You've now gained 32% physical damage, 6% attack speed, 20% accuracy, 40% crit chance and 20% Crit multiplier. Physical damage is always better because it boosts your Hatred damage and gets converted to cold where you get damage boost again.

After this, with your next available point I'd grab the 5% life node above Blood Siphon.

Check out the OPs final skill tree and compare it to yours. You've take several paths that differ and that's starting to cause you problem now. What was potentially a short cut early on will now mean you have to save up a couple of points to correct.

Lastly, remove Culling Strike from your claw and replace with Fortify.
"
Ratedetar wrote:

I'd take points out of the vitality void cluster and put them into fangs of frost (more damage) and vaal pact (more life leech)

immortal call + knockback is kind of pointless. I personally like to use a lvl 1 cwdt gem with frost bomb for more cold pen

Great advice here!

Here's a couple of other points:

What's with the random +10 Strength node to the left of Master of the Arena? If you need the strength, respec that and take one of the +30 nodes. You'll get extra strength that way, which also gives you extra life. Bonus :)

You shouldn't need Vitality Void or any of those leech nodes there as Ratedetar said. Respec all 4 points and go grab something else. Ratedetar suggested Fangs of Frost but you can also consider Claws of the Pride instead. Seeing as you already have Claws of the Falcon, I'd follow Ratedetar's suggestion and grab Fangs of Frost first. That 8% penetration won't impact your tool tip but It'll make a good real world impact on your damage!

I know it seems counter intuitive but you'll get all the leech you need from Soul Raker and Blood Drinker. All you need after those is more damage, and that's what you'll get with either Fangs of Frost or Claws of the Pride.

You should also respec the four points at Claws of the Magpie and reclaim it by continuing on from Soul Raker. You'll keep the same damage, lose 12% attack speed, but you'll gain extra life leech, increased charge duration and have a spare point to play with. You might as well use that to pick up Dervish for the instant 2% increased block, 24% increased Phys Damage and 6% increased attack speed.

Ditch that Sulpher Flask immediately. 40% increased damage sounds like a lot but it's really not, and you're robbing yourself of any life regen while it is in use.

You don't need life leech on your gear. Don't bother with it.

You don't need a 6 link to be functional with this build. Drop Increased Crit Chance and pick up a 5 link Armour / Evasion chest for a few chaos. Try and pick up some armour in your gear somewhere. It won't make much difference with boss fights but helps greatly for annoying things like bloody Porcupines!

Your belt has good life and resist on it but the ES is completely wasted for this build. I'd master craft something else on it then Vaal it to possibly replace the ES. There is a risk in this though, you could completely re-roll the item So don't do it if you don't have a replacement handy.

Your gloves should have a spare spot for a Prefix so you might as well use it. Add anything you like, extra Evasion, Cold Damage or Item Rarity. While we're at it, you should have that thing 4-linked by now. The Item Rarity jewel does not fit with this build, besides, it needs to be linked to something for it to work so you're getting no benefit from it. You should put your curse set up in here.

Just noticed something else looking at your gear. OK, before you do anything else, for the love of everything that is POE please quality your weapons! That's free damage for next to nothing!

That's probably enough for now and should fix the majority of your immediate problems.

One other things that I'll mention in general for anyone following this build. If you're having survival problems consider moving to one weapon and a shield. Yes, you'll lose some damage but it could improve your survivability a lot. It might just be enough to help you into the 90's and you can always respec back into Dual Wield afterwards.
"
Ratedetar wrote:

Do you mind sharing your cwdt setup? That sounds interesting.

I'm still new to the game but I see a lot of the builds here using either Ancestral Protector or Ancestral Warchief. Are they situational? I guess I don't quite get the difference.

Just got a pair of Ewar's and loving the build so far :)
i upgraded my gear quit a bit for few exalts. i think i wnt make it more expensive thats it maybe change an amulett. the nky thign im gonna do change is i will multicraft mod one of my steel rings and change the crafted mod on my gloves to one dmg one when haku is lvl 7.

maybe change amulett but it will be difficukt to find a better one because it gives me exactly what i need

hideout tooltip withut frenzy etc 73k dps. path of building dps is with everythugn buffed 370k dps with flask up etc. if i chaneg taste of hate to diamond flask dps is 400k but im loosing tank then . maybe drop jad flask for diamond? loose like 20% evasion
"
"
Ratedetar wrote:

Do you mind sharing your cwdt setup? That sounds interesting.

I'm still new to the game but I see a lot of the builds here using either Ancestral Protector or Ancestral Warchief. Are they situational? I guess I don't quite get the difference.

Just got a pair of Ewar's and loving the build so far :)

It's nothing much really, just a lvl 1 CWDT gem with with a lvl 10 frostbomb gem. It's only used for the -20 cold pen

For totem I use ancestral warchief + added cold damage + weapon elemental + concentrated effect. It's only for single target purposes, aka bosses or any rare/unique that takes more than a few seconds to kill.

Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 10, 2017, 6:42:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info