[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

I don't think you're really doing anything wrong, you're just in progress on your character is all. You're still leveling your gems although you have quality on some of them which helps.

There's lots of little incremental things you could do to help. Your helm for instance does have an enchant that increases your Frost Blades damage, but also reduces your physical damage which is not ideal.

Your first ring is damn good, but I'd remove the chaos craft and replace it with cold damage, which will then get an extra boost from not only our increased cold nodes, but also the penetration nodes. Far more efficient.

You could pick up damage on your amulet, other ring and belt with a bit of judicious buying/crafting. Look for a rustic sash belt with both increased physical damage plus increased elemental damage.

From a survivability standpoint your gear is a bit all over the place. I'm personally not much into trading and am always poor so I tend to get by with what I have, but you can be a little more focused. This is not an ES build and we take no nodes for it so make sure your gear is mostly evasion, and for diversity a bit of armour is good too.

Your gloves are probably a good starting point as the life is very good, the accuracy is nice but not essential and the increased crit is OK but not brilliant. Good Armour/Evasion gloves could net you so much more and for not a huge amount of investment.

Fortify in your 6 link is poor utilisation so you could get a different 5 link chest for next to nothing and not impact your damage. Put fortify in your whirling blades set up instead.

For your current nodes, one quick win you can get is to respec the two 4% life nodes under Thick Skin and instead take Golem's Blood plus the first node on the way to Blood Drinker. You'll drop a total of 8% life and gain 16% in its place. Then for your next level take Blood Drinker and you'll get another 8% plus additional life leech. If you can get some strength on gear when you're upgrading you can probably reclaim one of those strength nodes immediately and use that point.

You're level 83 now so it shouldn't take too long to gain a few more levels. If you're good with your Strength on gear, you could reclaim one of your +30 strength nodes and take it to Master of the Arena which will recoup +20 of that, plus give you extra range (helps with survival) and extra damage.

After that I'd grab another Jewel slot (probably the strength one next to Golem's Blood) and find a good jewel with life, attack speed, damage, crit, etc on it.

I know that seems like a lot, but it's really only small things to chip away at. Keep slashing away, you're on the right track!
Wow, thank you so much for the detailed response...Appreciate it!
"
I don't think you're really doing anything wrong, you're just in progress on your character is all. You're still leveling your gems although you have quality on some of them which helps.

There's lots of little incremental things you could do to help. Your helm for instance does have an enchant that increases your Frost Blades damage, but also reduces your physical damage which is not ideal.

Your first ring is damn good, but I'd remove the chaos craft and replace it with cold damage, which will then get an extra boost from not only our increased cold nodes, but also the penetration nodes. Far more efficient.

You could pick up damage on your amulet, other ring and belt with a bit of judicious buying/crafting. Look for a rustic sash belt with both increased physical damage plus increased elemental damage.

From a survivability standpoint your gear is a bit all over the place. I'm personally not much into trading and am always poor so I tend to get by with what I have, but you can be a little more focused. This is not an ES build and we take no nodes for it so make sure your gear is mostly evasion, and for diversity a bit of armour is good too.

Your gloves are probably a good starting point as the life is very good, the accuracy is nice but not essential and the increased crit is OK but not brilliant. Good Armour/Evasion gloves could net you so much more and for not a huge amount of investment.

Fortify in your 6 link is poor utilisation so you could get a different 5 link chest for next to nothing and not impact your damage. Put fortify in your whirling blades set up instead.

For your current nodes, one quick win you can get is to respec the two 4% life nodes under Thick Skin and instead take Golem's Blood plus the first node on the way to Blood Drinker. You'll drop a total of 8% life and gain 16% in its place. Then for your next level take Blood Drinker and you'll get another 8% plus additional life leech. If you can get some strength on gear when you're upgrading you can probably reclaim one of those strength nodes immediately and use that point.

You're level 83 now so it shouldn't take too long to gain a few more levels. If you're good with your Strength on gear, you could reclaim one of your +30 strength nodes and take it to Master of the Arena which will recoup +20 of that, plus give you extra range (helps with survival) and extra damage.

After that I'd grab another Jewel slot (probably the strength one next to Golem's Blood) and find a good jewel with life, attack speed, damage, crit, etc on it.

I know that seems like a lot, but it's really only small things to chip away at. Keep slashing away, you're on the right track!

^ the mvp post.
Hi, should i use 113 points tree for leveling too or level by leveling trees and then respec?
What do you think of these?

"
slowmath wrote:
What do you think of these?

they dont work, you actually take longer to kill trash and bosses with those, since the weapons counteract the freeze :(
"
Novarg wrote:
Hi, should i use 113 points tree for leveling too or level by leveling trees and then respec?

the leveling trees are not that different i would still follow the smaller trees and switch some points later since claw nodes and stuff are useless until 68+
Guys I could need your help. Im running this Build and achieved level 83. The problem is I can´t level anymore because I die often. This build is pretty squishy and sometimes positioning dosn´t work well or your character move to the wrong spot. Can you give me any tips to increase my character (labs to merc done) I Die in RARE T5 Maps often, i can just do T1 Map with ease :(

Equip:
Last edited by gunjahuer on Apr 7, 2017, 12:30:33 PM
"
gunjahuer wrote:
Guys I could need your help. Im running this Build and achieved level 83. The problem is I can´t level anymore because I die often. This build is pretty squishy and sometimes positioning dosn´t work well or your character move to the wrong spot. Can you give me any tips to increase my character (labs to merc done) I Die in RARE T5 Maps often, i can just do T1 Map with ease :(

Equip:

Get rid of Tabula ASAP. Literally any 5 link is better with life on it.

Missing life on one of your rings, as well as on your boots. You have ES and Armor on boots and gloves, try to prioritize evasion.

What is your life at? Have you been taking damage nodes over life nodes while filling out the rest of the tree?
Last edited by slowmath on Apr 7, 2017, 8:13:08 PM
Just overworked my Tree got now 4,1k Life, befor when i posted about 3,5k. I had to skill here and there a point on Strength for equip, but will remove this later. Also got some flasks now (from other blades build), which really helps.

But im still dieing. Specially at Bosses, when monster reflect or when they got some mods. I also think lifeleech would be helpfull. But I still dont know where to start. Currently there is no good & cheap ring on poe.trade. The armor from the build will cost like 1,5 EX which is not affordable for me. Will try now to get a better armor, then I will tell you more about my progress (if it helped or not).
Just some extra info: I included the Ice GoLem which i think is nice (some upgrade from other frost blades build). But mostlyI follow this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info