[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Man i dont have enought play skill to use this build...

Already wasted more than 8 offering and just finished 2 labs
Guardians down.
And hard mod of Hydra ^)
"
TheBrainTrain wrote:
Anyone else noticing that the Fight for Survival gems are not adding the cold penetration they should be? I thought it was stated in this thread that you don't actually need 40 dex in the radius... I'm only hitting 36% cold penetration which is exactly what my cold pen gem currently provides.

You're reading it wrong.

"
(10-15)% increased Cold Damage
With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Frost
Blades Melee Damage Penetrates 15% Cold Resistance
With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Frost Blades has 25% increased Projectile Speed

You need 40 dex in the jewel radius, you just don't have to invest any points into the dex nodes for the jewel to take effect.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Mar 25, 2017, 9:16:06 AM
I'm curious how much effect the cant evade with kaom's boots affects the build. the life is great but if you lose too much defensive from chance to evade is it worth it?
"
frodough wrote:
I'm curious how much effect the cant evade with kaom's boots affects the build. the life is great but if you lose too much defensive from chance to evade is it worth it?

I bought a 270 evasion boots to make this test, i have 31% to evade and 6% chance to dodge
Loose 300hp, now with 5,7k and can be stuned.

IMO this chance to evade doest worth the 300hp + cannot be stunned but i never had a good feel about evasion builds in PoE.
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
TheBrainTrain wrote:
Anyone else noticing that the Fight for Survival gems are not adding the cold penetration they should be? I thought it was stated in this thread that you don't actually need 40 dex in the radius... I'm only hitting 36% cold penetration which is exactly what my cold pen gem currently provides.

You're reading it wrong.

"
With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius, Frost Blades has 25% increased Projectile Speed

You need 40 dex in the jewel radius, you just don't have to invest any points into the dex nodes for the jewel to take effect.

Thank you for the explanation! I still don't see the effect though :(. My cold penetration is sitting at 36 with the jewels in.
"
TheBrainTrain wrote:
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
TheBrainTrain wrote:

You're reading it wrong.

"

Thank you for the explanation! I still don't see the effect though :(. My cold penetration is sitting at 36 with the jewels in.

Then you must not have 40 dex in the radius for the jewel slot you're using. your profile is on private so I can't look for myself.

Are you positive you're looking at frost blades and not another ability ?
Last edited by Ratedetar on Mar 25, 2017, 6:17:36 PM
How do you sustain mana?
Personally, while leveling I specd into the Vitality and Spirit Void cluster early on and have never had any problems. Later on Soul Rake in the claw cluster will give you 0.8% of attack damage leeched as Mana. For me right now I have 14K on my tool tip without any frenzy charges up and times that by 0.8% means I'm leeching 112 mana each time I hit. That's just with the main hit too. You'll receive more from the projectiles, more from your Frenzy charges, more when you Crit. The only reason you might have problems is if your accuracy is low and you're missing your targets.
"
TheBrainTrain wrote:

you need 40 dex in the jewel radios (allocated or not) ...
You also should be looking in your character Offence window not hovering over your skill in the skill bar.
Last edited by DeadAllDayEveryDay on Mar 26, 2017, 1:37:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info