How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Cataca wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
"
kuukkeli wrote:

EDIT: Looks like your build is lacking life as well (I usually play HC so I might be biased but 126% seems awfully low for melee even in SC).

And to elaborate on this, you suggesting I get more life nodes or more +life gear? I do have 12 passive refunds I can use. I tend to follow more on the damage than survivability.

There is no easy answer for your situation, because doing either right now is going to result in mediocre increase of health.

To get the most from health on your items, you need to get more life on the tree. To get the most from the life on the tree, you need to get more health on your items.

Thankfully, life gear is ridiculously easy to craft.

Go in a tier ~5 map and look out for high tier armor bases:
Astral plates/Enzomyte Helmet/leather belt (or rustic sashes)

Next, use alts on them until you get the highest tier life prefix and a resist suffix for that item. Regal -> Mastercraft and you are done.

As boots, i'd reccomend Kaoms roots if you have enough attack speed that your movement skill doesnt feel uncomfortable as your main mode of transportation. Kaoms roots are very easy to farm by chaining sewer/waste pool maps.

Then, shoot for 160-170% life on your tree. That should get you near 6k life in less than a day of farming.

Personally, i also think that your ascendency for this kind of build (block) is ill advised. If you'd have chosen gladiator, you could get more DPS, have less gear constraints and better clearspeed. And you'd still get the best of your current ascendency via an item (kaoms roots).

Thanks man.

I do have Kaoms roots.

But, I don't want to lose the 4L. That's my Shield Charge and Fortify buff.

I was following a Maradaur build and Juggernaut was what was recommended.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995

Meh, whatever. I'll play 3h a week max now. Dub around with T9/T10 maps for a little and that's it. With the baby coming this will be my last league for a while I'm sure. I still find it fun I guess.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on Apr 19, 2017, 1:38:17 PM
So...

Two of these:

One of that:

Shame nothing really for my char. And still no 5L on this:

Also no exalts, no reliqkeys.

EDIT

So i have some changes.

FINALLY i went into FULL CI+ES+BV state.

Current gear:

With those flasks:

And game looks like something else. No more struggle on maps T3+. Now i will start to test how it really works and how far i can get.
Last edited by de99ial on Apr 19, 2017, 3:19:58 PM
I had a crazy afternoon,

first an exalt, then finally a 84 Vaal Regalia and my first relic key! I also found two unique maps, but I wiped on both of them, the pirate map and the other where my char just exploded for no apparent reason...

I lost my whole progress to level 90, so I am at 2% now. My Zombies do nice damage, but I am so squishy. Stun and dead :( I only have about 5.1 ES, noob that I am. My last summoner had 8.9 :(

Curious what tomorrow brings,

maybe I should try a dual flameblast totem build, I have all items for it except the mace, but it takes me ages to level ^^
"
It was going okay until the merc act 4 piety encounter. With my 4 link melee guy, there's just not enough dps to keep up with the fast spawns and avoid the laser. Was lucky to TP out in time. Need a 5 link.

u can beat it without getting hit pretty easy tho
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
"
It was going okay until the merc act 4 piety encounter. With my 4 link melee guy, there's just not enough dps to keep up with the fast spawns and avoid the laser. Was lucky to TP out in time. Need a 5 link.

without getting overwhelmed by the little squids? Do tell.
Today's shinies (Didn't have much time to play unfortunately)

Seems like I might be 1 Shavronne's/Lorica away from being able to make a Low Life build...

I also got a unique map. T'was Olmec's Sanctum. Went well, no phats though. Was fun though.

Currently on a little mission to try and find some Sewers/Waste Pool maps to try for my second The Throne. But apparently those maps don't exist according to the game >.>
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
Been running 42 IIQ / 218 IIR (+Bisco's Collar) low maps and dried lake, _hoping_ to get RoTP. Chancing every base mosaic kite shield too. Today I started to run merc solaris temple, just to try my luck with the cards.

Got these within the first 3 hours.

10 hours later, still with those three. Not sure if I have much solaris left in me... :P
Damnit, never played self-cast RF and it's like the only build that I want to try at the moment!

Guess I'm gonna burn out before I get to actually burn myself.

If running RF full time is the only focus of you, you can use a Leo Shield like this.

and you will be able to have some good regeneration rate even when RF is on.

I have tried farming Lunaris for 30 min and gave up. Even with league stones, no card was dropped for me.
"
Oiranoiccid wrote:
I have tried farming Lunaris for 30 min and gave up. Even with league stones, no card was dropped for me.

It is tedious. Very tedious, but:

All farmed now in merc Solaris lvl 1 and 2, 42 IIQ / 225 IIR (+ that Bisco's Collar amulet. I know IIR doesn't matter, but still :)

Here are my notes on the card drops, showing the hour marks and what dropped them:

3h 3 cards: essence monster, golden pot, random monster

12h 1 card: strongbox

14h 1 card: random mob

16h 1 card: golden chest

So yeah, that 9h dry period was very, VERY depressing, I almost gave up. Now I only need one card, and that I will farm after I've leveled the new RF character up to merc lake :) The Sun is doable to farm, I'm playing Standard SSF HC, so with the leaguestones it _MIGHT_ be faster, or not. I wouldn't do this again without IIQ though, maybe not even with IIQ :P

RNG is RNG.

Other "notable" finds during this were doomsower, shit ton of silver coins and rings/amulets for chaos recipe, 16 remnants of corruption, and that's pretty much it :P
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Apr 20, 2017, 5:22:29 AM
"
"
satanttin wrote:
"

Depends on your ethics. If it is not too "unethical" for you then you can use (linked) conversion trap vs the mobs.

Dont think I would go there with a 4link melee guy though...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
"
satanttin wrote:
"

i never do anything with those crappy adds xD weak as fuck and can leech more than enough on piety :P
just attack run around the beam attack and repeat just don't stand still long enough to get hit by the add spawner thingys xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info