How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Bars wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just tried another of these Uber-Lab trials. Got pretty far into this one before I died.

Think I need lessons from one of the cool kids.

Unless your build is lab-friendly, I think uber trials and lab are an unjustified risk for HC.

What I used to do with a "lab unfriendly" build: Make a special gear setup to make the build more "lab friendly". And when doing uber lab: reassign a few passives to make it even more "lab friendly". Lab is sort of a different game with different rules. Unless your build is inherently "lab friendly" lab is too hard for "normal lab-inexperienced" player with "normal" build in HC. And I have seen plenty of HC lab trap RIP posts on reddit involving "elite" players too.

"
Bars wrote:
All this being said, having MoM or a decent ES buffer helps a lot. The other option is high HP regen and armour/physical mitigation.

MoM is good, regen is very good, %phys mitigation is very good, armour is good.
Additional ES on a life build I would advise against because if you screw up it will leave you in a worse state than not having ES in the first place. And if you dont screw up you wont need it anyway. It can help vs "didnt notice I was taking damage and didnt press flask button in time" death though. Sometimes there are some very difficult quite long trap gauntlet layouts in uber lab - having significant ES on top of life can hurt (the "normal" player with imperfect gameplay and insufficient knowledge of all the details) a lot in these especially.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
This is when its super important to have a poison remover flask and/or a movement skill cause if you get slowed on any of the constant damage traps your probably dead.

Does poison remover flask actually work? I remember testing it and it did not remove the slowing effect.
WB is unaffected by the slow from darts.
Darts are one of the most discriminating things in the lab. Lethally dangerous to some builds and close to harmless to others. I have never done uber lab with a "lab unfriendly" build nor do I plan to. Way too hard/dangerous. I rather get lab gear and respec a few points.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Bars wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
labwhine.

So your advice is to basically quit the game and whine on the forums. Sound choice.

I like it how you ignored two thirds of my post, which was advice, and latched on the anti-lab comment. Even edited the quote. You also intentionally misconstrued the advice.

Well done.

How should I edit your quote, "whine about negative comment for the lab?"

Alas, not so catchy.

I ignored half of your post because that was directed to shags post, not monstamunch. (And quite frankly, he never asked about the lab)

And to quote your comment to him:
"
Repeat after me:

fuck the lab... fuck the lab... fuck the lab...

What is that supposed to be? Advice?

Take your high horse and take a hike, please.

Ugh... Lab... It's to the point of tedium now. Level 81, so Merc Lab is just annoying more than anything. Essentially, outside the Charges mechanic (I.e. Today) Izaro is facetankable for me...

But still... Have to run through because half my prophecies were Lab ones. I also know I should eventually farm for enchants too but really... Ugh... Especially when crap happens like earlier, I died to a crash in the middle of the final Izaro fight...

The bright side is I'm only 2/6 trials into UberLab so that's not a concern for a while (Though, my build seems to trivialize the Trials... ~20% regen and stacked Armour means if I turn RF off, I just walk through all the traps no problem. Fire flask even lets me ignore the fire traps)

In other news... I'm still progressing.

Now level 81, 5.5k life. Sorted out some issues I was having with Loot Filter so now I'm mapping more efficiently and earning about 10+ Chrom's per map.

Just hit the level where I can support Blasphemy so hopefully my damage should improve and let me get through T5+ maps quicker (Was a bit slow before, especially if I got Fire Resist mobs)

Still room for improvement on my health though. Some low rolls still and Boots with no Life still (Using Legacy Blood Dance right now for that extra 3% regen)

Farming for RotP is going smoothly. Updated Loot Filter makes it much easier to find the base shield to chance on... Still no luck on The Sun cards front >.>
"
bakakyo wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

I think that the game overall shifted away from beeing "hardcore friendly" for a long time now, spike damage in mid tier maps is all over the place, and you just die to shit that you couldnt have avoided either way. This is less of an issue on normal hardcore because all it takes is a bit of currency and time to get yourself going, but on SSF you lose your selfcrafted stuff, crap you might have poured some affection into.

For me the game became at least a little HC friendly with lockstep, it has never been HC friendly before it. Before lockstep I would die for mobs inside a room that I thought a I didn't enter or try to get out of mobs that were blocking my way and in my screen I was out but not on server... Too many deaths in the predictive era were just desync issues.

I still didn't do the trials nor uber lab with my character. And now that I died at lvl 90 in t9 promenade for the bosses because I attacked too fast and didn't realize the thorns field were kiling me... Oh well... Time to level again.

Going for crit flicker Slayer with Terminus this time, let's see if I can even get to 90 again.

Dont get me wrong, i am not saying that HC is unviable or anything. It just adds to the resource starvation you already have in SSF, and i find it to be unfun.

Ie. You usually roll maps quite a bit in HC, compared to standard because many mods just fuck you over and can instagib you with the wrong mobs. But, you also ideally want your chaos to roll your gear. If i could just alch and go maps without fearing getting wrecked instantly, i'd not have to make crafting projects a one week plan.

It also really hurts things like 6 links and rare uniques, because once they rip to standard, you cant use them in builds anymore, which for me means a really narrow focus on the builds i get to play around with (which is a major part of fun for me).

Basically, i realized that the game was more fun for me if i wasnt playing HC. I have sunk quite a bit of time into SSF-HC this time around, so i wont be quitting until the league is over. But i most certainly wont be playing HC next league, maybe not even the league itself.
Thanks for all the advice people, I appreciate it. I had forgotten that dying has left me in standard ssf rather than legacy, which means I have to reroll another char anyway. I might as well do that in ssf-HC since all my stuff is there, and I'll make the decision about what I'm doing when I die.

And yes, when I referred to dying to traps, I was talking about the lab. I'm not going to cry about it (anymore than I already have), but it has certainly had a very negative impact on my enjoyment of HC. Dying to mobs and bosses feels legit. Dying to lab traps just makes me question what kind of game I signed up to play.

Anyways, reroll time, still got an hour or two before bed.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 7, 2017, 11:58:02 AM
"
Cataca wrote:
Ie. You usually roll maps quite a bit in HC, compared to standard because many mods just fuck you over and can instagib you with the wrong mobs.

This can be approached differently: You can play a build which can handle most map mods and stick to a tier in which you can actually handle those most map mods.
But this doesnt work so well on (red) map tiers which cant be sustained without lots quant/pack.
Such a play/build style may be too boring for you though.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Cataca wrote:

Take your high horse and take a hike, please.

Not going to happen as long as you keep being an ass, and you give no indications of improvement. I have this weird thing where I don't react well to people being asses.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Not sure if people still link how they're doing or just fight but.. got this last night. Is it really good or is it just me? The effect is really, really fun and now I just keep shrine legacy on.

It's pretty awesome for me, right now at least.

Also got those last night. Aside from the bow, they just don't seem useful in any way to me. It was nice to actually get a few fun drops though. It's been a while.
Last edited by frenzul on Apr 7, 2017, 12:30:33 PM
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
Ie. You usually roll maps quite a bit in HC, compared to standard because many mods just fuck you over and can instagib you with the wrong mobs.

This can be approached differently: You can play a build which can handle most map mods and stick to a tier in which you can actually handle those most map mods.
But this doesnt work so well on (red) map tiers which cant be sustained without lots quant/pack.
Such a play/build style may be too boring for you though.

Yeah, it is one of the reasons i'll turn my back on HC after the league has ended. The overall restriction of viable builds that one can play just doesnt make for a fun experience for me.

My issue with normal was the longevity you get out of the game, but SSF solves that for me perfectly. There is always that one build you can work towards and a project you can go for, i dont see myself getting bored anytime soon. On the other hand, HC SSF means that any effort that i put into a character instantly evaporates if i do die, and in case of some builds thats weeks of work down the drain.

My only regret is that i didnt realize it sooner and have already "wasted" quite a bit of time on it. I might just roll a toon in normal SSF-Legacy for the chuckles and see if it captures me.
I want to play hardcore so bad. It's the only game I haven't been able to devote to HC playstyle. Just can not survive the malachai fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info