How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Just tried another of these Uber-Lab trials. Got pretty far into this one before I died.

Think I need lessons from one of the cool kids.
"
Kaw wrote:
Sometimes:

Within an hour.

Trying to craft a good claw:

500 alts and a few regals used yet. There is always a +5 mana on kill or a +7% fire resistance around the corner... Most depressing part of SSF

Decided to go SRS. Like it. It's better than zombies.

This probably good for you

I know the feeling, trying to craft >750 es chest and still nada. Hoarding back regal to try again. My crafted es chest really like to add life with regal :(
Well, I've had some time to cool off, but I feel like this is kind of a tipping point for me. Of my last 4 chars, 2 were lost to traps and one was lost to a crash.

I feel like I have two options; Either go back to non-ssf HC where I have years worth of op legacy stuff stashed away which could carry me, or go to ssf-sc. Ssf-sc would mean i get to have more endgame fun while still not having a massive stash full of op shizniz due to not being able to trade, but I wouldn't have the excitement factor of hc. I think I need to sleep on it and just spend the evening doing something else. Totally ruined my weekend :s

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Well, I've had some time to cool off, but I feel like this is kind of a tipping point for me. Of my last 4 chars, 2 were lost to traps and one was lost to a crash.

I feel like I have two options; Either go back to non-ssf HC where I have years worth of op legacy stuff stashed away which could carry me, or go to ssf-sc. Ssf-sc would mean i get to have more endgame fun while still not having a massive stash full of op shizniz due to not being able to trade, but I wouldn't have the excitement factor of hc. I think I need to sleep on it and just spend the evening doing something else. Totally ruined my weekend :s

Repeat after me:

fuck the lab... fuck the lab... fuck the lab...

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Just tried another of these Uber-Lab trials. Got pretty far into this one before I died.

Think I need lessons from one of the cool kids.

Unless your build is lab-friendly, I think uber trials and lab are an unjustified risk for HC. When you factor in how godawful they are on top of it, I just plan my HC builds for 6 ascendancy points and the game becomes much more pleasant.

Repeat after me:

fuck the lab... fuck the lab... fuck the lab...

All this being said, having MoM or a decent ES buffer helps a lot. The other option is high HP regen and armour/physical mitigation.

Effective movement skills help a lot too. A four-link lightning warp with high level and especially quality, and with good cast speed bonuses, is a game changer. Shield charge too. But there still are some trap fields in the uber lab and trials which are godawful and make it obvious GGG didn't give a flying fuck about HC when they were designing this content.

If you pass through traps quickly enough, a.k.a. pathfinder with quicksilver flasks and good MS bonuses or a quick enough shield charge, most traps don't even deal damage to you.

Another option: the Occultist with the ES regen not interrupted by damage passive makes most traps a joke.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 7, 2017, 10:09:56 AM
"
Kaw wrote:

Do your Zombies hit 6 times with double Multistrike? ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Bars wrote:
labwhine.

So your advice is to basically quit the game and whine on the forums. Sound choice.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:

I personally can say that had i started SSF as normal, not hardcore i'd have a much better time overall. I dont think SSF is particulary suited for Hardcore in the first place, because you get to a certain point in the game, where you start to spam orbs on gear to get something decent, or equip your character with the rarest stuff to make him more efficient. The resource starvation that you have in SSF in the first place gets doubled with death.

I think that the game overall shifted away from beeing "hardcore friendly" for a long time now, spike damage in mid tier maps is all over the place, and you just die to shit that you couldnt have avoided either way. This is less of an issue on normal hardcore because all it takes is a bit of currency and time to get yourself going, but on SSF you lose your selfcrafted stuff, crap you might have poured some affection into.

Personally, in the future SSF will be what hardcore was to me. A way to derive more fun from the game than i would have otherwise. Hardcore in the equasion just adds more frustration than it does fun, so for me it is clear that i'll do without in the future.
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 7, 2017, 10:30:22 AM
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
labwhine.

So your advice is to basically quit the game and whine on the forums. Sound choice.

I like it how you ignored two thirds of my post, which was advice, and latched on the anti-lab comment. Even edited the quote. You also intentionally misconstrued the advice.

Well done.

How should I edit your quote, "whine about negative comment for the lab?"

Alas, not so catchy.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 7, 2017, 10:56:04 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Do your Zombies hit 6 times with double Multistrike? ;)

Sharp! :)
The skill is put there because my SRS had multistrike and I want the skill gem to go to lvl 20.
Testing if melee splash works better or not. Still don't know for sure. Groups seems to die faster. Bosses die slower. Maybe i'll switch gems with boss fights.
In my experience most players that hate/fear the lab rush it, there are safe zones in almost every layout and you can just pause between them to move round, after that its just about knowing what traps are likely to kill you, you can be pretty lazy with spikes/choppas for example because they root you and do a flat percentage with a reload.

Buzzsaws/Haymakers/Roombas are all dangerous if your slow or try to cheese the pattern but if your fast you can just ignore them and sprint through.

Anything + Darts is lethal and you need to be careful as fuck around, I get salty everytime I see a trap combo with darts because it vastly increases your chances of dying yet the gauntlets are usually no shorter for having darts. This is when its super important to have a poison remover flask and/or a movement skill cause if you get slowed on any of the constant damage traps your probably dead.

Many of the dart sections actually have light coloured rocks on the ground that trigger the darts (if they are a trap instead of a constant gauntlet your working the pattern out for) so avoiding those can help, one of the trials has absolutely loads of those but is pretty easy if you deliberately avoid the rocks.
"
Cataca wrote:

I think that the game overall shifted away from beeing "hardcore friendly" for a long time now, spike damage in mid tier maps is all over the place, and you just die to shit that you couldnt have avoided either way. This is less of an issue on normal hardcore because all it takes is a bit of currency and time to get yourself going, but on SSF you lose your selfcrafted stuff, crap you might have poured some affection into.

For me the game became at least a little HC friendly with lockstep, it has never been HC friendly before it. Before lockstep I would die for mobs inside a room that I thought a I didn't enter or try to get out of mobs that were blocking my way and in my screen I was out but not on server... Too many deaths in the predictive era were just desync issues.

I still didn't do the trials nor uber lab with my character. And now that I died at lvl 90 in t9 promenade for the bosses because I attacked too fast and didn't realize the thorns field were kiling me... Oh well... Time to level again.

Going for crit flicker Slayer with Terminus this time, let's see if I can even get to 90 again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info