How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
Ya it's my first time back since SSF was implemented, so people are getting to 100 on mostly yellow maps? I think I can sustain tier 8/9 pretty well right now.

The "people" who get to 100 know more than the averge person here and use this knowledge for map returns.

For example "they" make sure to set up their Atlas so that they can chain Elder/Shaper maps. Elder Null portals (probably other such mobs too but not sure) can drop maps so if you always run Elder presence map you get more map returns.

Any good guides/vids on how to setup atlas for SSF or just in general? I've dug around a bit and got a general idea but nothing really deep.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
Any good guides/vids on how to setup atlas for SSF or just in general? I've dug around a bit and got a general idea but nothing really deep.

For the early stages it is just important to get all maps. For the later stages it depends very much on what you want to do.

Some resources I have seen:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7igw0g/karvs_quick_31_ssf_atlas_text_guide/
What I know on how to manage elder & shaper presence
But I am not very familiar with guides and such so there may well be more or better ones out there.

Edit: And I almost never watch vids so I have no idea about that.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Jan 16, 2018, 1:22:40 PM
So I royally fucked my Atlas... LOL

Climbed all the way from Vault > Orchard > Waterways > Torture Chamber, and I wound up completing those. So my Top Left corner looks great, not much going on everywhere else. Fuck it though, I wasn't having fun waiting for all my tiers before moving forward, this is much more entertaining.

All Gems just hit 19, and I'm feeling the burn-out now from missing the 6th Lab Trial, among not getting any new Maps when Zana reset today. Feelsbadman.

Farming Alterations in random maps now so I can try to roll a new Axe, ilvl 79:

Gonna try to farm about 500 or so before Alt Spamming. We'll see.

85 now, about halfway to 86. Gonna shoot for 90 and if I don't get the 6th Trial I'm gonna call it quits, at that point if I don't have it, it won't be worth it to keep going. Damage looks good I really just want Uber Lab atm:

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Me too, already feeling burn out, already at lvl 89 & still can't find that Burning Rage uber trial. Already found 16 trials (5 uniques, 11 duplicates). Every time I see an uber trial & it's not Burning Rage, I'm burning in rage. Burn out too for lack of progress on those RNG challenges, Zana unique, Ulaman & 2 socket unique. sigh

With busy schedule IRL now & coming days, I might not be able to complete my 24 challenges this league, will just stop when I reached lvl 90 & call it quits.

---

Found another Lionseye

and another duplicate of north Agnerod

Still not found any upgrade for my slayer though.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

85 now, about halfway to 86. Gonna shoot for 90 and if I don't get the 6th Trial I'm gonna call it quits, at that point if I don't have it, it won't be worth it to keep going. Damage looks good I really just want Uber Lab atm:

"
boyandroid wrote:
Me too, already feeling burn out, already at lvl 89 & still can't find that Burning Rage uber trial. Already found 16 trials (5 uniques, 11 duplicates). Every time I see an uber trial & it's not Burning Rage, I'm burning in rage. Burn out too for lack of progress on those RNG challenges, Zana unique, Ulaman & 2 socket unique. sigh

With busy schedule IRL now & coming days, I might not be able to complete my 24 challenges this league, will just stop when I reached lvl 90 & call it quits.

As the saying goes "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going".

It took me 27 trials, 1 x level 88 and 1 x level 91 character to find that 6th.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

"
boyandroid wrote:

I've had a similar experience last league.

It's actually not that bad for SSF, since you can level your second character while trying to find the last trial. Gear him out with some goody's for smooth progression and go pwn those low tier maps you saved up for additional currency and that last trial.

Your probably going to enjoy your first character again after the second one found the last trial.(some time away + new ascendancy unlock and maybe some enchant farming etc :p )

My goal at the moment is

- the scourge claw

- that lich unique armor

keeps me occupied lol. I'm down around 9 lichs so far i think, no armor yet.

I was wondering about this, does the lich armor only drop from red tier lichs or does it have no restrictions at all? Would be helpful information, anybody got a clue?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Looks like the lowest ilvl for sale right now is 78. Lich Zones are +1? So T10+ for Shroud it looks like.

Just when I thought things were getting boring:

Yay!
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Boem wrote:
It's actually not that bad for SSF, since you can level your second character while trying to find the last trial. Gear him out with some goody's for smooth progression and go pwn those low tier maps you saved up for additional currency and that last trial.

Your probably going to enjoy your first character again after the second one found the last trial.(some time away + new ascendancy unlock and maybe some enchant farming etc :p )

Really? Over 25 Trials of Ascendancy to get to Uber Lab? Sounds terrible & outlier-ish. :P
But yeah, you're right; there are other goals to aim for to distract yourself while waiting for RNG events to occur....

"
Boem wrote:
My goal at the moment is

- the scourge claw

- that lich unique armor

keeps me occupied lol. I'm down around 9 lichs so far i think, no armor yet.

I was wondering about this, does the lich armor only drop from red tier lichs or does it have no restrictions at all? Would be helpful information, anybody got a clue?

Peace,

-Boem-

Why isn't your goal replacing the Sanctified Life Flask of Dousing on your fifth flask slot? :P Sorry, I was snooping and noticed & thought it was weird.

Why are you using that, tho?
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

"
boyandroid wrote:

If I have nothing else to do, that's what I also going to do, continue grinding on this game until my hearts content. But, with my incoming schedule IRL like more work load, visiting family & trip with friends, I choose those over trying to accomplish a pixel "achievement".
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Looks like the lowest ilvl for sale right now is 78. Lich Zones are +1? So T10+ for Shroud it looks like.

Just when I thought things were getting boring:

Yay!

Just goes to show how unlucky i was whilst getting mine :D
Played for full month and 11th or 12th lich i finally got mine, i was about to give it up.

Altho now that i toyed around with it, can't say i did like it as much as i thought i would. Charges are so sparse and random at times.

My RF char im playing atm is clearing maps pretty much faster than most EK poacher builds etc.
Esp narrow or indorsy maps.
Due that build stacking so much attackspeed + brightbeak, so all i've to do is charge into packs and they insta explode due profanebloom and rinse and repeat :D

I expected it to be more vaalsparkish.

On another note:

I probably should start chancing imperial staffs so i can maybe get south one, unless im lucky enough to find that one as well :D

Edit: All talk about getting trials, i was on my 21th trial when i finally got my missing one. So yea getting trials can be a pain in SSF. Luckily the last 2 pts are usualy not required for most builds, so it's just nice extras, that's how i look at it atleast.
Last edited by _SleeZy_ on Jan 17, 2018, 12:51:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info