How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

lucky me
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
Ivonbeton wrote:
I gave up at some point. It's too frustrating to play a melee life build when playing SSF. The lack of map drops is the worst part.

What were you doing to sustain maps? Were you growing your atlas? Were you doing map recipe? Zana every day and buying the maps you were missing? Aside from red maps, you should have to no issue completing most of your atlas.

Currently at 104/126

I was trying to, but I couldn't find the right maps. I suppose that I could have payed more attention to which maps I ran. I'm fairly new to the Atlas as a returning player. Zana doesn't really sell me maps. She's been sitting on the same three horrible maps for a few days now. I decided to buy them all hoping she'd get a new inventory.

Also, I saw your Chayula picture.... That's just too much to handle. I'm glad you are still with us, haha.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Finally got 100 Chayula splinters!

Spoiler

Welp... I ran Chayula, the breach I was working on all league...

Spoiler

Talk about heartbreak. Less than 1%, last portal.

dam, that was close ! next time, think about culling strike (work also on golems)
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

dam, that was close ! next time, think about culling strike (work also on golems)

Unfortunately I didn't even think I'd be able to do it since I had 1 portal left and he was at 80% health, but yeah, you're right.

I made so many mistakes on that boss fight. I had cast on death portal for the run and forgot to take it out for the boss fight causing me to spawn a portal in the arena. As a BV character not being able to prime my vortexes before going in made the fight harder than it needed to be. I also should've realized a life char dealing chaos damage is not a great idea for the boss fight and should've switched to a CI char, something I did at the last portal, and the fight went smooth.

Basically I made a series of mistakes and it cost me the run, and that is the most frustrating part of it all.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Unfortunately I didn't even think I'd be able to do it since I had 1 portal left and he was at 80% health, but yeah, you're right.

I made so many mistakes on that boss fight. I had cast on death portal for the run and forgot to take it out for the boss fight causing me to spawn a portal in the arena. As a BV character not being able to prime my vortexes before going in made the fight harder than it needed to be. I also should've realized a life char dealing chaos damage is not a great idea for the boss fight and should've switched to a CI char, something I did at the last portal, and the fight went smooth.

Basically I made a series of mistakes and it cost me the run, and that is the most frustrating part of it all.

If it would make you feel any better, my only chayula run this league dropped absolutely nothing^^
"
golan4840 wrote:

If it would make you feel any better, my only chayula run this league dropped absolutely nothing^^

That does make me feel SLIGHTLY better, thank you. ;]

I guess something positive came out of all the shitshow yesterday^^ even though I had a pretty good run so I would probably have gotten it anyway
Finally got my chest socketed, colored and 5 linked. 6 will have to wait :(

Swapping out AoE for conc effect at bosses. My main problem is my weapons, I found another marohi (ripped with my other one) but it would be useless for this build so I'm making do with an Innsbury Edge and a crappy rare I found until I manage to craft something better.
enjoyed playing SSF HC more than i expected but completing challenges was near impossible due to running out of leaguestones. hopefully future leagues will be better
"
Zboublemeteor wrote:
i've taken a deeper look into your gear, i'll put some thoughts about it on the spoiler below ;) :

Spoiler

when you play a life based build on the right side of the tree, you absolutely have to focus on high life rolls on gear. you need to prioritize your gear stats like this (depending on what you get of course, those are just general guide lines):

chest :

high life roll (90+) and at least 2 decent resist, high evasion is nice too, but it's a lower priority

helmet :

high life roll (70+) , decent accuracy (200+), decent resist (25+), medium (25+) attribute (strenght or int) and another decent 25+ resist if possible, then evasion

gloves :

life first (50+), then resist (25+), then accuracy (150+) or attack speed (10+), then another resist

boots :

30% movement speed, then life (50+), then resist, then attribute (i like armor boot because they often give nice strenght rolls) or another resist

quiver :

20+ WED, life (60+), 25+ crit chance/multi if you are crit based, accuracy (200+), resist (25+)

rings :

elemental damages (from essences) or WED, life (40+), resist (30+), +x damage to attacks

amulet :

crit chance or WED, life (60+), resist, attribute

belt :

life, WED, strenght, resist (30+), resist (30+)

that way you'll cap your resist easily, get to 5000+ life, loose some evasion but not enought to be noticeably weaker

on your gear, your bow, quiver an helmet are good (you can craft 60+ life on it with haku lvl 6), the rest is holding you back big time :

your belt is absolute trash, you can craft a better one quite easily : roll T1-T2 life with alterations, get 1 good resist with augmentation, get another one with regal or a 20%+ WED, then add a master craft resist or he 8-22% WED. in less than 10 regal you'll get a nice belt.

your armor is really bad too, try to farm some essences of greed (screaming or shrieking) and use them on your armor, i assure you'll get a way better one in 5 essences. getting +90 life just on your chest will be huge in HP.

rings are hard to craf, use some essences but the best is just to rely on farming maps to find a good rare one, same for amulets

concerning your flasks, the sorrow of the divine is vendor trash, and i prefer to trash it on the ground considering how bad it is. you are life based, zealot's oath make your life regen apply on ES, killing your life regen in the process. try to get 25% reduced charges used, instant recovery when on low life on your life potions, this mod is a great boost in survivability.

i also suggest you put your attacks skill on bows that you can swap. barrage with poison is the king of single target, especially with +arrow from ascendency, enchant, quiver corruption etc... if you go iceshot, go full cold conversion (winter spirit notable), primeval force, fangs of frost. you also have to choose if you go full crit or not, i suggest you take heartseeker if you go crit. the lower part of the bow passive is quite weak you can drop it, you can make some imprivment to your pathing on the upper part of the tree too.

life leech is pretty strong if your attack do enought damage, vaal pact is insanely good to get your health back very fast, it's even stronger if you use acrobatics and phase acrobatics with decent evasion. vitality void is a nice boost to your leech capabilities (take a little bit of mana leech too and you'll be able to retake all your mana regen points)

hope it'll help !

Hmm, thank you for the analysis, I appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

I will attempt to take your suggestions to heart (although, you may be over-estimating my stocks of crafting orbs somewhat ;)

Certainly both my chest piece and my belt are things I'd like to upgrade.

As for Barrage, I've tried it, not with Poison, but I have used it. Blast Rain though, is actually working pretty well for me.

Anyway, thank you again, I'll work on that stuff.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info