How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Now that my Legacy League level 90 goal was completed (May 19th) and there are about 2 months before we get 3.0.0 I looked to find a fun build to do for a couple of months. I've got many unused unique weapons in Standard softcore so I did a bunch of googling to see what weapon I have that I'd like to try with a build I never have done. After much build guild reading and videos watched I decide to use this:

The build guide video looked cool: [2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist so I took an old level 71 witch that was available with full respec and made a Scorching Ray IceStorm Fire Elementalist. Now at level 80 in only 3 days of casual playing. The cast while channeling skill is totally unlike any melee or ranged skill I have ever used. And then there's the The Whispering Ice Vile Staff's level 1 IceStorm that drops along the beam with a hail storm of ice that obliterates everything. You can think of it as a super long Jedi light saber and anything I wave it over pretty much gets vaporized.

I made Dried Lake runs from level 71 to level 80 in about 10 hours of time. One of the coolest builds I've made. I've only got about half of the Intelligence that the build guide does and it still mows everything down. In Dried Lake runs Nightwane (and his copies) are dead in under 3 seconds and Voll dies in under 5 secs (most times I can kill him before he heavy strikes). Just ran the tier 10 Malformation map and Piety died in about 10 seconds. The thing I never new until it was explained in the build guide was that the IceStorm uses any support gems in the staff so for my 6S Vile Staff I automatically have a 6-link regardless of the physical links. Awesome weapon. Too bad that come PoE 3.0.0 ES gets nerfed so this fun skill to play will probably get wrecked and be non-viable. I have until July to get as high as I can, level 90 should be a piece of cake in a couple weeks of casual playing.

I made 5 builds in ssf and WI tri-curse was the only build that could do everything with ease. The clear speed is meh, but I was able to atziri, 20+ uber runs, and all maps I've found (T15s highest). It will absolutely be my next ssf starter since the weapon is farmable via div cards and only requires a 6S 2L. I'll use it to farm Atziri and Uber Lab for gear for other builds.

Even with the ES nerfs I still think this will be viable as HP or even eHP. The leech is so high you just need to be able to take the initial hit of 3-5k and you're good.

3rd key this league so far. first 2 were garbage, lets see how this one turns out

edit:

Never played a MoM build before, is that good?
Last edited by golan4840 on May 27, 2017, 12:52:36 PM
"
golan4840 wrote:

edit:

Look at my signature, it should be enough of an answer.

I even decided to give it a try despite knowing better, no. Just no.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 27, 2017, 12:57:47 PM
"
Bars wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:

edit:

Look at my signature, it should be enough of an answer.

I even decided to give it a try despite knowing better, no. Just no.

Cloak took a really hard beating when they introduced the new nodes behind MoM.

MoM is fine though if you know how to capitalize on it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Aboat summoner curse

And other noticable stuff

"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
Unquietheart wrote:
Found these today in a Unique Cartographer's strongbox:

Nice! Oba's curse is one of the best maps in ssf, mostly because you get craft bases (i84) in the last room and a chance at decent loot in the treasure room. I ran 3 in ssf and all 3 gave me loot that helped my build(s) in some way.

Hm... sounds promising, but I haven't worked up the nerve to try it yet. That one is a race, right? Nine minutes?
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
de99ial wrote:

Mm... nice, I'd love one of those.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Well, finally did it. 36 challenges completed with pure SSF characters, on the day the league was suppose to end^^
1000 maps was a chore, The only challenges I didnt manage to get are Perandus (never found that perandus locker), uber atziri (never found mortal hope), shaper and the 4 grinds.

Also hit level 8 with Zana yesterday.

In order to celebrate I will turn in all the divination cards I was too lazy to turn in until now

will post results soon
I think this is probably the most positive collective experience we have had in PoE's history. Very little bitching about drop rates or lack of interaction. People telling stories. People sharing successes and failures. People sharing ideas.

Would be nice if we could get a ssf forum so we could get rid of a lot of the bile.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I think this is probably the most positive collective experience we have had in PoE's history. Very little bitching about drop rates or lack of interaction. People telling stories. People sharing successes and failures. People sharing ideas.

Would be nice if we could get a ssf forum so we could get rid of a lot of the bile.

i agree with that, this post is very interesting to read. hope i can contribute in the near futur to share my SSF progress.

have fun !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info