[2.6] CI Vaal Fireball

"
Yo, so i started this build with almost 0 currency which was pretty stupid, but i knew it. Im pretty experienced and thought i could make it work. Now level 81, farmed dried lake untill like 78 but was pretty bored and wanted new layouts (the speed was incredible). Unfortunately i didn't get any good drops and no lucky exalts or anything so im struggling a bit now. The clearspeed of maps in general is pretty good (talking about trash) but i don't have vinktars yet and struggle SUPERHARD with bosses, even in low tier maps. Any tips for what to do, or is it just vinktars? Thought about trying flameblast instead of the 4L fireball. The two problems are obviously im super squishy on bosses without vinktars, and single-target dps is just not there. I do run WM on cwdt and got a lucky leech enchant on my boots, so that helps but..

Edit: I guess vaal lightning trap could work for shock but it needs souls and would fuck everything up, so obviously a no-go.

Passive points and gear are what makes it possible, I specifically added "This is an expensive build" in the Disclaimer section. I wouldn't do Elementalist with low budget, I'd rather go Inquis even though that requires a decent amount of currency too. You could try to use Vaal Clarity with Flameblast as budget solution maybe.

"
KinGGaiA wrote:
what are benefits/downsides of the elementalist version vs inquisitor version?

Elementalist can do more map mods (you could even do -max + Ele Reflect + Cannot Leech if you really wanted to)
delete
Last edited by dckyta on Mar 24, 2017, 6:47:08 AM
Why do you use call of the brotherhood and herald of ice on Inquisitor but neither on witch?
Is HoI ok to use? I love Gloom HoI's effect, here like to use it on my builds.
"
Premiier wrote:
Why do you use call of the brotherhood and herald of ice on Inquisitor but neither on witch?

i don't think you would shatter enough for it to be worth it as witch.

hit 100 as inquis and currently 97 on elementalist, my thoughts on inq vs elementalist so far:

i personally prefer inquisitor, it feels a lot faster at clearing maps because of the much faster shield charge. elementalist is probably slightly better for doing stuff like sextanted/beyonded shores but inquis is way faster in strands and has way better flask uptime with poachers. as elementalist you can play pretty brainlessly with sibyls and run reflect maps not caring about reflect rares ever, which is pretty nice since reflect rares especially in -minmax maps can be dangerous as inquis. inquis has more annoying map mods to reroll than elementalist for sure.

i made some slight changes to my tree in order to use biscos and still generate charges as well, mapping with quant gear is too fun this league. i also got my fire and lightning res to be exactly equal with vinktars up so im using wise oak, feels pretty nice and i dont really miss dying sun. it can be really hard to get your fire res equal or higher than lightning with vinktars up though. my tree and gear are pretty much finalized, i feel like it was way easier to fit in quant and still feel smooth as inquis. fork + HoI + poachers was REALLY nice.

triple edit:
changed my mind again, elementalist is my favorite now. i'm playing a setup without any mf/iiq and it owns. if you're confident and have good gear you can forego stun immunity, use dream fragments, dying sun + wise oak, and herald of thunder + innervate + culling strike for onslaught. sibyls + the new 10% reflect scion node is really good too, you can run unid maps and not reroll anything really. skipping kiaras isnt a big deal imo, on my new lvl 99 elementalist i haven't been stunned once in maps since nothing ever hits me, i can still facetank abaxoth in scary t13 maps solo. all credit to steyox for these changes, they made the build feel a lot better for me.
Last edited by matt29234 on Apr 11, 2017, 4:25:11 PM
"
Premiier wrote:

If you shatter you don't Prolif, there's absolutely no point wanting to shatter as Elementalist.
Also I'm not using COTBH and Herald of Ice. I used COTBH with Added Lightning damage last league when HoI was still laggy as shit and the AoE was huge so you didn't need Fork.

"
matt29234 wrote:
as elementalist you can play pretty brainlessly with sibyls and run reflect maps not caring about reflect rares ever, which is pretty nice since reflect rares especially in -minmax maps can be dangerous as inquis.

Fortify works additively with the reduced reflect dmg taken so you can get 60% with Sibyl (70% with Ash, Frost and Storm) as Inquis if you do many beyonds with HH.
Last edited by eXecut1on on Mar 26, 2017, 3:39:46 PM
"
eXecut1on wrote:
"
Premiier wrote:

If you shatter you don't Prolif, there's absolutely no point wanting to shatter as Elementalist.

"
matt29234 wrote:
as elementalist you can play pretty brainlessly with sibyls and run reflect maps not caring about reflect rares ever, which is pretty nice since reflect rares especially in -minmax maps can be dangerous as inquis.

Fortify works additively with the reduced reflect dmg taken so you can get 60% with Sibyl (70% with Ash, Frost and Storm) as Inquis if you do many beyonds with HH.

did not know that actually, will keep in mind if i play inquis version again!
Why is Sibyl's considered core to the build when it does nothing except reflect reduction? Are individual reflect mobs that big a problem?
"
Why is Sibyl's considered core to the build when it does nothing except reflect reduction? Are individual reflect mobs that big a problem?

Elementalist 50%, Sibyl 40%, Fortify 20%. You can run -max Ele Reflect maps and lots of beyond with headhunter without ever fearing reflect. It's not necessarily core but imo too good not to use
edit:got the answer ty!
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Apr 3, 2017, 5:23:26 PM
Im just wondering, how do you maintain a map pool that this build can run well?
buying shaped strands and selling things you are not gonna run?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info