[3.0 Cheap Terminus Flicker Raider] [Updating] RampageHunter FlickLone build

Thanks for the answer, keep me posted :)
Added new league only mechanic to justify usage of the second inspiring learning jewel, as well as generating endurance charges to compensate abyssus flaws. I hope this can turn out good for some of you.
Would You recommend getting avatar of the veil before uber lab/avatar of the slaughter?

Edit: Speaking of uberlab, I imagine it's a nightmare to do uber on 4k life and vaal pact o.O

Edit2: Here's some other ideas for the 2nd inspired learning problem:

Endurance charge generation. Loss of charges on hit not much of a problem, since any hit is likely to trigger CWDT IC anyways, and if I understand it correctly, You'll still get the damage mitigation before losing the charges. Life leech, dodge, evasion and some life are all decently relevant stats, and onslaught on hit allows us to ditch graceful assault.

Con: We lose a belly or kaom =/.

Second idea: The jewel slot right above Blood Drinker/frenzy charge and to the right of Nullification in shadow area. If I'm not mistaken, it counts Nullification within the radius of inspired learning. For 6 points (as opposed to 5 in the golem blood area), we can grab the jewel slot plus one of the notables above - either additional power charge or mana leech - and boom, 2nd inspired learning. If the planner is lying and it doesn't count Nullification, we could ditch it and get both power charge and mana leech. Still a better deal than Revelry + Endurance charge, I think.
Last edited by Fawkse on Mar 9, 2017, 9:00:07 PM
Thanks for the ideas.

"
Would You recommend getting avatar of the veil before uber lab/avatar of the slaughter?

That actually can be a good one. If you have vinktar and especially if you have ToH before uberlab, then it's justified to pick veil before slaughter for status res. Otherwise they are pretty much equal, but phasing gives less constant boost then charges.

"
Speaking of uberlab, I imagine it's a nightmare to do uber on 4k life and vaal pact o.O

Don't forget abyssus and darkray vectors with no movespeed. Lab is a nice place. Though the build can do merc lab pretty easily. I recomend you to swap some items and just buy uberlab carry. Still you will need life flasks.

Daresso is no good sorry. It still generates the charges on kill, and monkey paw doing almost the same, and we don't actually get anything good from it. Most of all we are loosing hp of the belly, and res too btw. And you pretty much dead meat without it. Most death still come from ele damage anyway and daresso still don't work on bosses. Soulthirst belt can solve the problem with phys damage on maps on it's own.

"
The jewel slot right above Blood Drinker/frenzy charge and to the right of Nullification in shadow area.

Yes i missed this one. But the bottom one is much better. We need min 6 nodes to allocate all we need in this and most of them are plain stat nodes against 4 nodes in the bottom spot (we are going up through two handed nodes not through dex nodes this way), also revalary is very important node in the build actually. We have manaleech problems from not enough maximum mana. According to my calculations we can deal less then 2\3 flicker dps on bosses with current mana pool. I'll talk about it closely when i figure out all aspects of the issue.
But this jewel still can be used for the third inspiring learning jewel. But all in all it would be better to get the headhunter itself at this rate.
Last edited by FallenBard on Mar 10, 2017, 2:29:19 AM
Hm, okay. Thanks for the insight on Daresso's.

About Revelry though, I'm a bit confused, 'cause Your updated passive tree doesn't have Revelry anyways. So I figured it couldn't be that important.

Besides, the calculations are a bit off. Because we already get Nullification anyways as well as Blood Siphon, whereas around the Golem's Blood area, we don't actually get that many notables regardless of whether we go for inspired learning or not. Getting just the Jewel socket is 1 point cheaper, but getting the whole functional inspired learning cluster is 1 point more expensive!

So the actual count from Golem's Blood area would be: 2 skill points for the jewel socket, 2 for Revelry, 2 for Endurance charge, 1 travel node = 7 points. Not counting Cloth and Chain 'cause we get it anyways.

In the Blood Siphon area, it's 3 travel nodes, 1 for the jewel socket, and 2 for Mind Drinker = 6 points.

Mind drinker is +8% maximum mana, +16% maximum mana, +15 max mana and 0.4% mana leech.
Revlery is +8% max mana, +15% max mana, +20 max mana and +2 mana gained on attack.

The stats seem rather comparable, and You do get 1 extra point from the tree.

I suppose if You have a monkey paw and are actually generating endurance charges, I can see how the bottom cluster would be better. But the top cluster frees up the amulet slot, which may or may not be relevant.
"
'cause Your updated passive tree doesn't have Revelry anyways

We can swap revelery for druidic rite, which is a better pick, or can use them both. As I said earlier we have manaleech problems with that much attack speed. Only 1\5 of mana can be leeched at a time and it's still not enough and so we need more max mana to fix that.
I'm considering deletion of some attack speed nodes and swapping the second bandit to damage to fix that. In most cases it's neglectable because assasin mark restores mana on kill, so as long as we are killing we are fine. But it shows up on bosses, we can use cyclone for bosses ofc. But i still want to get a perfect result.

"
Besides, the calculations are a bit off

Here is how this cluster works, we are swapping 2 dex nodes for 1 str node and 2 two-hand damage nodes. Loss is miniscule in this swap, i calculated it earlier and chose 2 dex nodes only because of point shortage.

But actually you have a point. I haven't counted in a cost of jewel socket (2 points) itself. That is a viable alternative. But it's not too good, because actually powercharge won't give us dps boost at all. It's 2.3% dps when it's active. Even end charge is more viable pick. But with that you can actually activate 3 inspiring jewels making the build something... well strange.

"
Mind drinker is +8% maximum mana, +16% maximum mana, +15 max mana and 0.4% mana leech.
Revlery is +8% max mana, +15% max mana, +20 max mana and +2 mana gained on attack.

Actually they are not comparable. % Mana leech from mind drinker is useless.
And you are not exactly correct. Revelery gives mana on hit, not on attack, so it literally lowers manacost of flicker on bosses from 62 to 56, counting multistrike, and much more on trash packs, so it gives us a bit more freedom.
Last edited by FallenBard on Mar 10, 2017, 7:13:17 AM
Yeah, I got how the cluster works. Point is that You have to spend a comparable number of points for a comparable number of stats, except that You're forced to take the endurance charge node. You don't need the power charge node in the Blood Drinker (sorry, said Siphon before, my bad) cluster. The 4 notables for inspired learning would be Nullification, Blood Siphon, +1 Frenzy charge (we already have all three of those) and either +1 Power charge (side note: It's not just dps, it's also increased crit chance which as You said Yourself translated into better clearspeed due to the charge on crit mechanic) OR Mind drinker. The whole point is that You don't need both in the top cluster.

On the bottom side, You're getting

+4% aspd
+12% two-handed damage
+20 strength
+23% increased mana
+20 max mana
+2 mana on hit by attacks
+1 end charge
+end charge duration
+Jewel socket

for 9 points total. I'm not counting the things we are getting already anyways like golem's blood etc.

On the top right side, You're getting
+20 dex
+10 int
+24% mana
+15 max mana
+0.4 mana leech on attack
+Jewel socket

For 6 points total. Again not counting all the nodes we already take anyways.

You save 3 points, so You could still get the two sword nodes and the str node around Destroyer and swap out of the 2 dex nodes and still have +2 net points left. Which You could use to get Revelry. Or an additional Jewel socket. Or anything You want, really.
"
you don't need the power charge node in the Blood Drinker

Ofc i understood that.

"
It's not just dps, it's also increased crit chance which as You said Yourself translated into better clearspeed due to the charge on crit mechanic

Crit is not for charge generating it just for stable dps output, if we miss the crit mobs will live and flicker will go back for them one more time. But critchance is diminishing hard here so powercharge gives us only a little bit of crit, and it won't work on bosses ofc.

"
for 9 points total

Well no, we must spend 2 nodes to conect to duelist cluster anyway, and we take 1 strength node anyway to pick golem blood and jewel, so we are spending 7 points total here.
And 6 for the jewel in you example. But we getting only 1 notable from this, and in the bottom one we get two, also as I mentioned before, revelery is much stronger then the node we get from the upper cluster. I added your idea to the guide btw, check it out, but I still think that it's only backup plan.

Though build with 3 inspiring jewels i a sight to behold i guess. I heared on forum that most of the people couldn't figure out build that will use even 2 of them in the same time.
Added a new video from current league showcasing the actual build in motion. Also made some tweaks in the guide.
Upadated the build adding new gear setup for greater survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info