Hey guys.. I'm level 57 now, running lightning arrow and in SSF league. I've never had a strong grasp on gearing mechanics. My damage seems to be okay now that I found a unique belt, it is around 2000 tooltip. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone can give me direction on a few things.

- My crit is only around 26%, if I can keep my diamond flask up.. I can get streaky with power charges sometimes and it's nice. It clearly needs to be higher though. I'm just not sure how.

- I know my passives are a mess, I started leveling before I found this build. Any suggestion where to start relocating nodes first?

Any other suggestions are welcome as well. I'm at work all day, so I like to talk to people that know what they are doing to learn as much as I can while I can't play.

Thanks in advance!
"
frenzul wrote:
Hey guys.. I'm level 57 now, running lightning arrow and in SSF league. I've never had a strong grasp on gearing mechanics. My damage seems to be okay now that I found a unique belt, it is around 2000 tooltip. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone can give me direction on a few things.

- My crit is only around 26%, if I can keep my diamond flask up.. I can get streaky with power charges sometimes and it's nice. It clearly needs to be higher though. I'm just not sure how.

- I know my passives are a mess, I started leveling before I found this build. Any suggestion where to start relocating nodes first?

Any other suggestions are welcome as well. I'm at work all day, so I like to talk to people that know what they are doing to learn as much as I can while I can't play.

Thanks in advance!

Start closer to your starting point. This is more what your tree should look like at this point.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBS0FtQguCIkNjRmOIXYj0yP2JJ0k_TB8Mfo51EMxRA1Hfkp9TP9Nkk4qUUdTu1uvXWhiWmKsZU1vJ3Ttdct293rvfyuGzod2jX2Nfo2_j2CVBZrxm42gn6OKp9S0xbe2vTa-p7_VwTPC7MSiyPDKqdN-1CPawd-Y51TqYu2D7g7vevzF_sj_3g==

Your gear is crap. You need to find a Signal Fire or Fire Gleam to get 50% physical conversion to fire, in the meant time you can get Hyrri's Bite from a vendor recipe. You also need to find a bow with high physical to take advantage of physical conversion. You also need to get at least a 5L for both of your skills, preferably a 6L for barrage. You also need a Rat's Nest Ursine Pelt, that is a huge boost to your crit. Your unique belt is nice in the early game but you will be replacing that soon in favor of a tri-resist belt(at least 110% combined in endgame).
"
Link1275 wrote:

Your gear is crap.

Thanks. Working on it. Like the passive tree suggestion, appreciate it.
Can someone explain to me why the Conversion version of Vinktar's is better than the Added Attacks version? From my understanding you already have 50% phys to lightning and 50% phys to fire, so another 20% would just force phys to lightning to 70% and fire to 50%, but since conversion can only go to 100%, it would be ~58% phys to lightning, is it because the extra 8% is better than the added attacks?
Last edited by Alastoor95 on Jan 10, 2023, 4:55:26 AM
@QuestinMarks: For Harbinger, if it was 6L, I would select LA-GMP-Pierce-PTL-WED + PPAD/Crit Strikes, depending on the rest of my stats. If Crit is too low you will want something to raise it so it's taking advantage of the high Crit Chance. If you already have good Crit Chance, PPAD can be a very strong multiplier.

@LutherB: You can use CWDT + Enfeeble or Vortex. I haven't really played around with these since the AOE changes (I hear it's quite small area these days). Death's Opus, if you have high Crit Chance, will generally outshine Lioneye's Glare. HOI is there if you want to automatically generate power charges. Look at your Crit, if you need it, then you may like the HOI setup better. If not, feel free to stick with Herald of Ash. You do get a slightly bigger damage boost from HOA.

@TristanKMF: I think biggest steps towards late/end game is a big bow upgrade and more refined affixes on Jewelry. Acuity gloves if you have the wealth of course. I found Raider to be much more early league friendly because you get the Frenzy Charges for free without Blood Rage (which VP makes a pain), and that helps scale the build so much. But honestly just depends on your level of comfort with that. It's tough to generate Frenzy with Pathfinder if you don't use Blood Rage. And after you run some number of no-regen maps or Descrated Ground maps, you really do start missing having the regen.

@agm_ultimatex: T-Shot with Physical to Lightning Gem is just fine with Vinktar really. LA is just nice QOL because it has a built-in Physical to Lightning so you can always leech from it. For Tooltip, I would say don't worry too much about since the skills act differently. With LA hitting nearby enemies, and TS having the secondary AOE, you're bound to see some differences in numbers. It's really tough to do side-by-side comparison using tooltip, most of it you can see in gameplay.

@soilwork3r: Yeah I don't doubt it really. Still very underlooked bow. I went off of what I have more experience with.

@boonobosMike: Conversion numbers depend on what your other conversion sources are. If you have PTL Gem and Signal Fire, then it's 50% Lightning, 50% Fire total output of damage. If you add in a 20% Conversion Vinktar, it's (50+20)/120 >>> 58.3% Lightning, 50/120 >>> 41.7% Fire Damage now. Early on in gearing you should get whichever Vinktar is cheapest. Then depending on offensive capability, Attacks/Pen will provide more damage, hidden or not, which Conversion allow you leech a lot more. Your choice in style.

@slaughtter: Actually at the time, Conversion was the cheapest so it's not better than Attacks version (nor was this stated). From a DPS perspective, I believe that depending on gear, either the Pen version or the Attacks version would provide the highest damage. Conversion does allow you to leech a little bit more though.

@Alastoor95: Yes. Even I used a Lioneye's this league for quite some time. You do have to sacrifice one gem slot for Increased Critical Strikes, because the base crit is very low.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
@TristanKMF: I think biggest steps towards late/end game is a big bow upgrade and more refined affixes on Jewelry. Acuity gloves if you have the wealth of course. I found Raider to be much more early league friendly because you get the Frenzy Charges for free without Blood Rage (which VP makes a pain), and that helps scale the build so much. But honestly just depends on your level of comfort with that. It's tough to generate Frenzy with Pathfinder if you don't use Blood Rage. And after you run some number of no-regen maps or Descrated Ground maps, you really do start missing having the regen.

I do really miss regen. Especially on map with desecrated ground. It's like walking on a wire. I really like Raider. As you said, it's really early league friendly. It's doing everything for you. But every build goal is to achieve high-end content. I really want to do that and pathfinder gives you means to do that. Could you look at my 87lvl Raider and tell me what i need to focus on. Besides 6ls. And flasks. And acuity. And what bow should i look for? 320+ dps harbinger or Death's Opus? And should maybe even consider to switch to CI build?
btw why there is no gmp in your barrage links? it should provide more dps than slower projectiles - especially for budget version with no +1//+2 helm enchantment
Hi, nice build, thx a lot, but I have some problems with it.
First of all, im dying alot because of oneshots and i dont really know whats the problem (I think chaos damage is killing me fast).
Secondary, i got Death`s Opus, but i feel that my dps is not high enough. Can u please give me some tips? :)
Hey, thank you for the build first.

This is my second character in PoE. First was MB Cyclone on Breach.
So far is great, except for elemental reflect. Should i take Vaal pact (im lvl 72 now). Also is that life leech from the passives enough and why not take vitality void? Right now i think i have 1.2% life leech + atziri promise.
Life pool is a bit low too, only 3k. Total cost of my gear is around 40 chaos + few alch. 10c for the bow, 13 for quiver, 18 for rats nest and few alch for atziri promise.
I plan to use Tornado shot for aoe and st and maybe save for Kaom heart or maybe something else, not sure. Trying to do some self found also, coz buying everything kills the fun of the game a bit. :)

My DPS is 32k with Atziri promise + 4 frenzy charges and 70% crit with 3 power charges.

Spoiler
My Gear

To level 80 my plan for passives is to take druidic rite, 1 extra frenzy charge and start going to Vaal pact. Not sure should i pick up some jewels slots now or leave it for after 80 lvl.
Is it worth using that jewel?

Thank you and hf & gl. :)

Last edited by megadethbg on Mar 20, 2017, 11:33:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info