[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

The issue with aegis is location on the tree. You don't want to be on the right side of the tree if you don't have too. Yet that is exactly what you must do... Plus you lose an es shield slot or a 2 hander in the process.... A hard s
ell no matter how you look at it.
My wife is running this build (life version, no Shav's and they are still 300c or more) thanks to the scepter and the Baron helm dropping during mapping for me. She's still 2 levels from using the scepter, but her minion army crushes everything in Merciless so far.

I'm building an aurabot (level 61 atm, 6 auras active), and if I'd just like to say if you can find an aurabot to play with this 6 big zombie build, IT'S AWESOME. Can't wait for a few more levels so she gets the big zombies. Even now she kills everything, bosses, uniques, breaches, whatever, faster than I can do anything but run around and loot. I stopped even trying to animate some weapons just to help out a little as by the time I get two of them animated, she's halfway across the map leaving trails of loot and bodies ;).

Every piece of her gear was cheap other than the amulet (60c) for the life build, but again, helps that we already had the helm and scepter. Anyway, double thanks from us for the build! Lots of fun near the end of this league.

(edit: scepter is even cheaper than I thought! Total cost for the build was ~70c, even with the Shaper's Touch gloves just because it took a couple of hours to get a trader w/Meginord's to respond)
Last edited by AngryGames13 on Jul 10, 2017, 8:19:16 PM
"
AngryGames13 wrote:
My wife is running this build (life version, no Shav's and they are still 300c or more) thanks to the scepter and the Baron helm dropping during mapping for me. She's still 2 levels from using the scepter, but her minion army crushes everything in Merciless so far.

I'm building an aurabot (level 61 atm, 6 auras active), and if I'd just like to say if you can find an aurabot to play with this 6 big zombie build, IT'S AWESOME. Can't wait for a few more levels so she gets the big zombies. Even now she kills everything, bosses, uniques, breaches, whatever, faster than I can do anything but run around and loot. I stopped even trying to animate some weapons just to help out a little as by the time I get two of them animated, she's halfway across the map leaving trails of loot and bodies ;).

Every piece of her gear was cheap other than the amulet (60c) for the life build, but again, helps that we already had the helm and scepter. Anyway, double thanks from us for the build! Lots of fun near the end of this league.

(edit: scepter is even cheaper than I thought! Total cost for the build was ~70c, even with the Shaper's Touch gloves just because it took a couple of hours to get a trader w/Meginord's to respond)

that is generally true for any build though..... buff aurabots are op.. they always have been.

explicitly speaking you should not run into difficulties until you reach t13+ maps and even then only from specific bosses
Sir I'm very late to this thread and build. I'm just asking why is that I only have 4 zombies? I copy your skill tree and I have amulet with +1 to maximum number of zombies.
"
akotomalupit wrote:
Sir I'm very late to this thread and build. I'm just asking why is that I only have 4 zombies? I copy your skill tree and I have amulet with +1 to maximum number of zombies.

Hi! The amount of Zombies correlates to your minion nodes that give + zombies along with your total strength.

When 3.0 releases I will probably update this guide but until then I am taking a break
Im following your guide as a base poe beta 3.0

"Currently my links are Raise Zombie, Minion Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Poison, Empower, Increased Area of Effect (Concentrated effect for bosses)"

But I prefer to use melee splash for clear and faster atk for boss, instead of Increased Area of Effect (Concentrated effect for bosses)

increased area of effect Only works for the zombie slam That has cd 2sec with two jewel violent dead

Raise zombie + minion damage + melee physical damage + melee splash/faster atk + minion speed + multistrike

Last edited by quironn on Jul 19, 2017, 7:01:40 PM
"
quironn wrote:
Im following your guide as a base poe beta 3.0

"Currently my links are Raise Zombie, Minion Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Poison, Empower, Increased Area of Effect (Concentrated effect for bosses)"

But I prefer to use melee splash for clear and faster atk for boss, instead of Increased Area of Effect (Concentrated effect for bosses)

increased area of effect Only works for the zombie slam That has cd 2sec with two jewel violent dead

Raise zombie + minion damage + melee physical damage + melee splash/faster atk + minion speed + multistrike

I am glad more and more people are recognizing the very obvious faults with violent dead.

my gem setups for zombie builds usually go zombie - Minion Damage - Melee Physical - Empower - Faster attacks / Minion accuracy - melee splash / multi strike.

violent dead is not a particularly good jewel.

for one thing its not good enough on dedicated zombie builds just because it is not a consistent clear.

for another you dont freaking need it on builds that dont focus on zombies.. this is literally why you use specters or srs with zombies in traditional minion builds .. they bring the aoe zombie supplement the single target and act as meat shields

further more we should consider that preserving a 6ls worth of damage gems is not nessisary for montreguls because it already condense the zombies damage with that 100% more physical mod

so droping multstrike for splash in clears is not a huge loss .. they will still one shot everything anyway.

frankly i would use violent dead only until i purchased 2 stat jewels (minion life / minion damage) just because the 10 - 12% life roll on those jewels will do far more to help zombies than an inconsistent slam will.

everyone was hoping violent dead would be a psudo 7th link.. its not
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 21, 2017, 7:18:01 AM
if you have the currency get a +2 zombies talismon with int roll for more zombies
Memba old vaal pact
I've always wanted to make the life version to do hybrid life/es. And I did!

I stacked 1,538 strength so far and I'm sitting on 5.3k life, 5k energy shield. I've capped my resistance today without the need of auras as well. (including running one for the necromancer +20% all resistantance ascendency.)

Any advice on how to improve my character further? here's my gear:
Spoiler

For jewels I'm running 2 violent deads, 2 efficient training, 1 emperor's might, 1 emperor's mastery, and 4 Brawns. You can check my profile for the character "NewFilthyCasual" for tree. I'm running a queen's escape because the movement speed is amazing! I can opt to switch to an offhand for mon'te gul and shield or united in dream.

I'm sure they're nerfing poison in 3.0 so I'm unsure of whether to run united in dream or not later. Last thing is I'm wondering if I should use animate weapon or Summon raging spirits for deeps. Animate weapon CWC is very fun and i hope scales amazingly with all the strength i stacked. I have no mana issues with it. However, its basically on a 4l and the main strength is the strength being applied to them to increase their flat phys damage. Its also very dependent on melee weapon drops so I left my zombies kill while channeling for Animate Weapons. They last 37.5 seconds so the uptime feels fantastic.

Summon raging spirits self cast is very mana intense and I don't have the mana for it, which is off putting. It does great dmg too but the need to constantly refresh slowly without the aid of cast speed makes it so that i hardly ever have 20 out at once. Thy last 6.5 second so its kinda annoying.

Which one is more reasonable? I tried both and I'm leaning toward the animate weapon skill. Also what auras to run? currently I'm using Haste/hatred/clarity and wonder if running generosity would benefit minions greatly? Last question,is strength applied normally or different for minions? Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on how to improve, thanks!
a zoo summoner.

well if you cant sustain the srs. then drop its gems. that really is all you need to do. my advice?

either switch it with the spectres so that the srs gains the +2 helms benifit or

take out one of your red gems .. and replace it with a reduced mana gem.. i am not jokeing here. an srs you cant cast easily does you no good. drop either multi strike or melee on full life since those are the least consistent of your gems and see how it feels.

i would try the reduced mana first since it requires no chroming on your part

also poison is dead in 3.0 so i would slot in etiher faster attacks or accuracy for your zombies.

apart from that there is not much else to say . you are a zoomancer which means any pointers i would give to you are taken by one of your many minions

you are only really missing out on more ulitity, a movement skills , umbilicus , a few more vaal skills and .. curses in general.

but this also means that you need to worry about less map mods like hex resistant or hex proof.

I very much would like to see this build in action since it is the type of build my variant of summoners tend to synergize with extremely well

but since you are rolling with srs .. they tend to carry a metric shiton of slack provided you can cast them.

also another option .. is drop haste and enlighten and instead pick up a leveled clarity and inspiring cry .. this will get you a decent boost to mana regen when both are leveled .. and you can make up the loss of haste with a chemists onslaught flask.. after all cast speed does dick for you .. if you be mana blocked

generosity is good for hatred .. but only if you have a max quality so that your aura reaches farther.. that being said.. you do not have the room for it. maybe if you had unset rings .. but trust me well rolled str unsets are astronomically expensive because of the resist issues

as for how strength interacts with minions . we kinda have to take it for what it says on baron.

no to animate weapon. you missed their meta sorry.

btw are you near any duration nodes? if yes drop the least useful 3 passive jewel slot you have a brawn in and get duration and then scale down to the 1200 strength break point.

this will make your spirits better for minimal loss.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 1, 2017, 8:22:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info