[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

So at 89 (templar Jewel socket next level, huzzah), I've settled on the following setup:

"

The links I'm using are Zombie->Minion Damage->Multistrike->Melee Phys->Empower (only level 3) and MINION SPEED.

Poison comes from United in Dream.

That Gem - that glorious gem completely revolutionised the build for me, coupled with the random 3 link SRS which 'conduct' the shambling horde of death.

Much fun, now if only I could stop compulsively levelling alts or farming currency on Golemancer I could crack on to 90.

Edit -

"

These are also glorious once you can cover resists.
Last edited by Galadedrid on Mar 23, 2017, 6:14:46 PM
"
Galadedrid wrote:
So at 89 (templar Jewel socket next level, huzzah), I've settled on the following setup:

"

The links I'm using are Zombie->Minion Damage->Multistrike->Melee Phys->Empower (only level 3) and MINION SPEED.

Poison comes from United in Dream.

That Gem - that glorious gem completely revolutionised the build for me, coupled with the random 3 link SRS which 'conduct' the shambling horde of death.

Much fun, now if only I could stop compulsively levelling alts or farming currency on Golemancer I could crack on to 90.

Edit -

"

These are also glorious once you can cover resists.

Hey, can you post a screenshot or at least tell me your HP/ES pool? And what do you think of the Envy aura of the united in dream? is 58 to 81 chaos damage to attacks worth in Zombies? I think it is only good when you have a large amount of minions, like a full SRS build or an Animate weapon build, any thoughts?

Not actually using the Envy Aura. I'd love to, and if I were playing SRS/Animate I absolutely would, but 1) I can't get rid of Purity of Elements without blowing a million exalteds on Essences of Fear, and it was horrible enough to roll the imperfect rings I already have, and 2) playing around with it, Haste simply feels better.

Despite that, the free poison and 5% leech are huge, and 40% extra minion damage is not to be sniffed at. As many other people have mentioned the build works just fine without it (and using a shield makes capping res and 1200 strength enormously easier/cheaper), but it's a huge QoL upgrade.
Last edited by Galadedrid on Mar 23, 2017, 11:04:48 PM
"
Galadedrid wrote:

Not actually using the Envy Aura. I'd love to, and if I were playing SRS/Animate I absolutely would, but 1) I can't get rid of Purity of Elements without blowing a million exalteds on Essences of Fear, and it was horrible enough to roll the imperfect rings I already have, and 2) playing around with it, Haste simply feels better.

Despite that, the free poison and 5% leech are huge, and 40% extra minion damage is not to be sniffed at. As many other people have mentioned the build works just fine without it (and using a shield makes capping res and 1200 strength enormously easier/cheaper), but it's a huge QoL upgrade.

Oh I do have the United in dream, was just thinking if I should use that or any other aura, maybe Discipline + Purity of elements + lvl 1 clarity. Or Purity of elements + Haste + lvl 1 clarity.
Spoiler

I still need to get Strength in my rings with +%minion movement speed to be able to drop the gloves and equip the geofry´s sanctuary + shaper gloves. Still not sure about that tho, you think 3k+ ES is reasonable?
I don't actually have a gem slot for Clarity, lol. The extra aura bonus is another "would be nice" thing, but I actually need the resists from Two Stones too much to roll Unset instead. Still, lack of sockets is a familiar summoner problem, and this build suffers less from it than a Zoomancer.

I absolutely think the Geofri's/Shaper combo is worthwhile. 3.8k ES for absolutely no tree investment is huge - both in terms of surviving things you shouldn't have let hit you in the first instance, and again in just straightforward quality of laziness.

The downside is more pressure on the tree and accessories slots for Str/Resistances, but once it all comes together it's glorious.

I'm just sad that there is literally no conceivable way to fit a Bisco's Collar onto this char, hah.
well, I did swap to skeletons.

They are great defensively (take up aggro if you drop them in front of a cannibal, for instance), and their caustic cloud does pretty good damage. However, since my zombies are killing everything so fast, I don't truly get to use the cloud anywhere but in boss fights. Still using one monkey and one enfeeble curser. I throw down a warlord's mark totem for a second in the boss room, then the wither totem. Most bosses get stunned here and there by my zombies (probably when they crit).

On the Envy aura subject: Just say NO. small flat damage is only good for Animate Weapon. Not even as good as anger (and anger is nowhere near as good as hatred). If you just gotta have another damage aura, it'll boost poison a bit. But really if you're geeked about chaos damage, Spirit Offering is much stronger. It's a percentage of phys damage (on SRS the phys dmg pre-fire-converted)

I dropped umbilicus, because it was so unnecessary i kept forgetting to pop my flasks.

the only thing i kinda don't like about this build (and I mean ONLY) is that everyone's gear looks almost identical ;)

Spoiler
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Spoiler

Should i drop my gloves and get shaper's touch ? I have currently 1k str so if i drop my gloves i will go back ~940. And what should i get for offhand ? For the moment i'm still farming maps for currency.
You can make some of that strength back with a rare shield with a strength roll.

I'd continue to advocate United in Dream as an ultimate end goal, but a rare shield solves lots of problems in the interim.

Shaper's Gloves are absolutely worth it if you can maintain 1200 Str without Meginord's.
Last edited by Galadedrid on Mar 24, 2017, 9:49:30 AM
I just 6L my Geofry's Sanctuary!

Right now I don't have an Empower and was wondering what gem to use as a 6L. I was thinking about this options: Faster attacks, Increased AOE/Conc Effect, or added chaos damage. Still need to get rings with +strength to start using the geofry + shaper gloves, can't drop the meginords otherwise I won't have 6 Zombies.
First off thank you for the guide. When I got the Baron drop and wanted to build around it this thread was very helpful.

I'm new to summoners and a very casual player so I don't have a ton of currency. I know Astramentis isn't necessary, but I'm finding it difficult to hit 1k strength and maintain cap'd resists even at level 83 (I'm still ~200 short of 1k). I imagine you don't want to switch to Geofri's until you can get the leech otherwise the only way to heal is via pots.

I just got a severed in sleep and have been playing around with that vs the grasp. I'm still using Charity and Aegis as I've been putting off respecing parts of my tree (I think it's about time to remove MoM as well).

I currently have 6 points to spare and not sure whether I should aim for dual curse or try to grab as much strength as I can.

Any advice on my build or what gear I should prioritize? I'm sure I'm missing something that is clear to you guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info