[2.6] Zombie summoner - 6 Big Zombies

I am coming across an issue where specters die very quickly but zombies do not.

I am not really sure what the remedy is for this. Any suggestions?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
cerberus20 wrote:
I'm doing a similar build, but with spectres being the main damage source and zombies and animated guardian acting as backup.

currently planning on making zombies more tanky and dps'y with mon'tegrul once i got uber lab done. (double essence worm with auras should give enough resistance)

I've been using mostly flame sentinels (solaris temple banners) and undying incinerators (sewers) for dps.

Only really have one question for you guys, which spectres would you use in uber lab and which for general farming?

I've checked the necronomicon, but the choices are too broad for me to find out which is best where.

i am trying to figure out why you are using spectres for this build. the big thing is that it adds your strength to your minions .. which is melee physical damage and a bit of hp.

I alos sand boxed this build with umbilicus... its a bit of a stretch but it can work. but boy is it a pain in the arse and i dont think you would be able to drop the 100 str gloves .. for shapers .. which is of dubious values

i doubt ill follow through on either build in legacy.. im already getting pretty bored since my rng is somewhere between terrible and horrific.

I've mainly been following an older build, where spectres are the main dps, which works somewhat fine and I don't think zombies kill fast enough, to make up for flame sentinels that can clear a screen and a half of mobs.

So in my build, zombies are the tanks, the brutes that stand on the front line, while the spectres stand behind and machinegun everything.

If you've seen my profile and my talent tree, you'll have a rough idea of what I'm doing and why.

Current plan for my version, will be to go for overcharge + faith and steel around lvl 90-92.

Also that umbillicus belt, I would NEVER use. It's simply too dangerous, when you can take damage and need to use pots to get out of iffy situations.

what will you do if you get frozen or ignited or get a bleed? die? thats what I imagine that belt will do.
I have started to make this build, but which do you think I should go for to start with? Life or CI or lowlife to level up?
Last edited by George20 on Mar 8, 2017, 7:45:13 PM
Anyone else try mom with eb
So with the Baron helmet is the life based build superior than just the standard summoner build?

To me at least I just don't see how the life based baron build beats out the aura/curse heavy summoner build even with just zombies. Plus with the life based build you can't really run Umbilicus and I imagine flasks add a ton of dps and survivability.

Or maybe I am just underestimating the strength added to the zombies and the benefit of having life leech at 1000 str.
What i do for strength is pop three rats talisman and dual brawn gems giving me 28%strength at the expense of 6% intelligence, or so. I also get 24%dexterity. in fact, combining three rats with the boots and brawns gives 46% increased strength, So each strength node almost gives 15 strength. amazing.
Last edited by ShinyAfro on Mar 8, 2017, 11:32:03 PM
can you use this as a league starter?
"
kimjungbill wrote:
can you use this as a league starter?

Yes, I started the league with this.

A 'traditional' shavs + united in dream summoner might be better for mapping and especially playing with someone else since you buff them a lot with auras, but it's a different build altogether. The idea behind this build was to get as many big zombies as possible to use the new mon'tregul. With a lowlife version you'll get 4, which is less ideal
Is this build endgame viable ?
Anyone reached endgame content with this ? Meaning t15 maps, the big endgame bosses like atziri, guardians, shaper etc ?

I'm not a hardcore player and I don't calculate clear speed in miliseconds so slower is not a problem, I just wish to know if this could do all game content. One problem is the life based stuff with less effective hp than es based but I guess it is better for life based if you could learn boss mechanics and dodge stuff.
"
macsu wrote:
Is this build endgame viable ?
Anyone reached endgame content with this ? Meaning t15 maps, the big endgame bosses like atziri, guardians, shaper etc ?

the problem in these fights will be the bad Zombie AI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info