[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

hi all, i'm planning to do an rf build for the next league, can tell me if this build is really expensive and cannot be do for league starter?

thx in advance for info.
"

hi all, i'm planning to do an rf build for the next league, can tell me if this build is really expensive and cannot be do for league starter?

It's not that the build is expensive to start out, but it doesn't make for a good league starter because the budget options are specific and you need a shavs to make it run properly. I'd probably start out as a hierophant with totems and spec into LLRF later if my goal was to play LLRF as a Guardian. There are some good hybrid RF builds too that you could potentially start out with, but I am not familiar with that.

"
Anyone have some experience with this build as a fairly casual player? (low apm). I have the budget and I think 90% of the build up and running but I can get slapped 2x by normal trash and get killed.

You have a lot of gear problems. According to path of building you only have 7000 energy shield which is way too low. Get yourself a proper belt first of all. Buy a shaped chain belt with a high enough ilvl and chaos spam for es recovery rate and craft es on it if you don't get an es roll. You'll also want to get a shield with more ES. ROTF is a decent shield, but it's not great when your ES is otherwise so low. You can get a decent shield by alt spamming for +2 fire resistance on an elder Titanium Spirit Shield and regal/annul etc to get the +2 fire resistance by itself or along with some other useful mod. Then multimod for es, es%, reduced damage from dot, and whatever last suffix you need.
Besides that just replace your gear with items that have more es, int on your rings and such. Getting a Watcher's Eye with es recovery rate is also really nice. I also prefer Sin Trek to Death's Door as I can get bleed immunity from flasks.
Last edited by samthedigital on May 15, 2018, 7:26:37 AM
thx for info, anyone have some pob for use rf with totem?
Hello guys, awesome guide man, jesus, you really outdid yourself! I have been playing for a while now and gathering currency from wander qotf to craft all this gear. But the damage seems lacking, and defenses a little too. Could you guys take a look and let me know what's wrong? Thanks!

Gear:

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAFvA3UGDgceCfYLYQxfDXwOSBEvEVARlhJpFm8XHBcvGF0bJRynHNwdFB2qIvQmiCftKPorCi9vMtE1uTbFPC0870PIRUdFnUZxSVFJsUuuTlJPBFNSU6VV1lZIV8lboFxrXIpd8l8EZOdo8mwLbRlwu3F5e9d8Dn5sf8aApIDggseDX4RIi3qPGo9GkiuTJ5UumK2a4JswnWOdrqEvpRinCKcrp1Wt8a9stAy3MLiTvorAZsHFw23E9sauytPUfNdq18_YJNkT2VvhiOL342roWukC6rrr7uwY74jw1ffB-Tf56PrS_QD-SQ%3D%3D

Character name: WanderWielder
It looks like you're doing fine rodofrn. You'll gain more dps as you level with some good jewels. You get more damage out of a horror crafted helmet, but that is definitely more expensive and difficult to roll than a pair of gloves. Don't expect to scale the damage a huge amount though. It is definitely good enough to map decently fast and do all content with, but it's not going to compare to some builds that can scale attacks for damage, and the clear speed is definitely not the fastest around.
Last edited by samthedigital on May 17, 2018, 7:30:19 AM
"
rodofrn wrote:
Hello guys, awesome guide man, jesus, you really outdid yourself! I have been playing for a while now and gathering currency from wander qotf to craft all this gear. But the damage seems lacking, and defenses a little too. Could you guys take a look and let me know what's wrong? Thanks!

Gear:

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAFvA3UGDgceCfYLYQxfDXwOSBEvEVARlhJpFm8XHBcvGF0bJRynHNwdFB2qIvQmiCftKPorCi9vMtE1uTbFPC0870PIRUdFnUZxSVFJsUuuTlJPBFNSU6VV1lZIV8lboFxrXIpd8l8EZOdo8mwLbRlwu3F5e9d8Dn5sf8aApIDggseDX4RIi3qPGo9GkiuTJ5UumK2a4JswnWOdrqEvpRinCKcrp1Wt8a9stAy3MLiTvorAZsHFw23E9sauytPUfNdq18_YJNkT2VvhiOL342roWukC6rrr7uwY74jw1ffB-Tf56PrS_QD-SQ%3D%3D

Character name: WanderWielder

Like Sam said.

You've pretty much got the basics down. Now it's all down to getting the currency to further upgrade your gear.

Seeing as you are in Standard league there are a lot of powerful legacy upgrades you can make, such as:
- 400+ ES helmet
- Rings with up to 20% increased ES craft
- 400+ ES shield with 20% reduced DoT craft
- 200+ ES boots
- A belt with better ES and maybe even INT on it. A Shaped Stygian Vise would be BiS, but they are expensive

And ofcourse most importantly, level up. That's free and will provide a significant boost to your ES and dmg.
Made some significant gear upgrades to my LL RF character, so I decided to record a new T16 Abaxoth AFK kill without using any flasks or other skills. Last time I moved around a bit, scared of dying, so it wasn't real AFK.

Here's the new vid:
https://youtu.be/FQKxXPMbHA4

My profile is public in case anyone want's to check gear/tree. Character "LooksLikeFunOrNot".

And yes, this is in standard, so I'm taking full abuse of legacy gear....and loving every second of it.

When 3.3 hits and the RNG will be removed from getting Zana's memory fragments, I'll be making afk videos for all of the T16 Elder Guardians. I'm even going to attempt to AFK Uber Elder lol. God I love taking this LL RF build's tanking capabilities to the extreme.

Gear used in video:

That helmet enchant though....yikes. No luck getting the Reduced Reservation one yet :-(

For general mapping I use different boots with movespeed:

Anyone have some insight into what this monster? I haven't touched this character since Abyss :|
"
Drecker wrote:

Anyone have some insight into what this monster? I haven't touched this character since Abyss :|

That's a sweet ass belt you got there, perfect for LL RF.
You may want to throw a couple divines at it though. The %ES Recovery Rate is a very important mod for LL RF builds, so get that to 20%. Ofc not neglecting a good roll on the %ES and flat ES ;-)

If you're playing or going to play LL RF in standard, use that baby. If not, it's worth an nice chunk of currency.
Is this build still good to go in 3.3?

Looking for a fun RF build for next season :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info