[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

I'm kinda confused by the aura setup. When I put it in the calculator it shows 100% of the mana reserved. How do I cast spells? Is the aura lab enchant 100% required for this build or ...?

Should I just drop a purity before I can get the lab helm?

https://poe.mikelat.com/#iH=kzu/9b.Np/tNrp.Cvf/7Ezc.Ab5
Last edited by Vuxra on Jan 9, 2018, 6:34:49 PM
I have 20 ex to spend. What should i upgrade next? Pretty fun build btw.Thanks for the guide!

Last edited by Fornellon on Jan 9, 2018, 8:36:25 PM
"
Vuxra wrote:
Is the aura lab enchant 100% required for this build or ...?
The enchant is one way of achieving it, one that gives lots of flexibility, but far from required.

A lot of us are using the cheap Vertex solution for it.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#HteWyu/9b.Np/VEOr.Bxe/upb.f_
Put the gems shown in Aura 2 into the Vertex, +1 to socketed gems, and it means all you really need is a Blood Magic 20 (lots of failed 21 corrupted ones going for ~4 to 5c) and Enlighten 3 (so ~25 to 30c). Not 'cheap', but very much achievable for most players.

Up until that you can roll without one of the purities. Makes gearing to the cap a little tougher, but still very achievable.

You could also use a BM 21 and Enlighten 4 without the need for the Vertex, but that's an order of magnitude more expensive. There's also the Conqueror's Efficiency for 2% less mana reserved. They all achieve pretty much the same thing, leaving us with just enough mana we need to pop OoS and sustain our SR.
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Yoluun wrote:
Just coming here to say: farming lab the past two days has been the worst. Trying to get lab enchants on my boot and gloves.

Lol. For gloves You can just run merc lab or even lower. You get 6%regen matter what, the area damage (which is small anyway) is what scales.

However you do want to uber lab for boots.

Good luck!

Heck..I'd even be happy with the 1.5% from Merc lab at this point...
I just love this build.

This is my second league, so mechanically i'm not great, but it's just amazing how well it fares against most enemies. Shield charge here, drop flasks, scorching ray whatever didn't already die, repeat. I even tried HoGM today for the first time, and cleared it deathless!

It's also not as expensive as the full upfront price may suggest at first, there are tons of cheap alternatives while you get the good stuff. I crafted everything i have, except for the gloves and +3 unset, for really cheap. (the gloves were like 10c, and so was the unset ring)

I'm going slowly trying to complete the atlas, but the few times i've died, it almost exclusively was to overconfidence, i.e. "Eh, i'd rather save some flask charges, no need to use them on these petty monsters" (Died just once on my 1st attemp on Chimera, because of this, on his last unique pet)

I've read most of this thread, so i think i kinda get what i'm doing, but some advice from the pros would be awesome! (PoB: https://pastebin.com/F5yaTQ9f ) Character: Tawnoz

Sitting at 8638 ES, 234/1810hp, and 47/1184mana while running vitality/POF/POI/POL/clarity/discipline

I have nearly 30ex right now, and on my To-Do list, i have:

* Insanity sorcerer gloves with the 'of light' enchant
* +2fire scepter with some mix fire/burning/cast or aspd/DoT to replace the doryani
* Elder shield +2max fire (how should i even approach crafting this? what's the best way?)
* Rare Helmet: provided i get the shield above, what should i look for in the helmet? Is switching to horror shelder rf helm the logical step? Or even delirium+enlighten helm for lvl 23 purities? I doubt i can get higher ES than what i get from the vertex :/
* Getting 21/20 SR (leveling 6 19/20 in swich), 21 Blood magic, Empower/Enlighten4 much further along the way
* Watcher's eye for either Discipline regen or clarity mana->es

Thanks in advance everyone!
Last edited by Lisann on Jan 9, 2018, 11:16:44 PM
first of all thank you very much for taking the time to make a guide of this build, its the only build that made me go above 70 and not get bored andl eave the game.

i just have few questions i would really like you to answer them if you may :

1. if you get stuned / freezed does your RF still deal dmg to enemies around you?

2. why do we always run clarity on HP, when we can run double purity , vitality or Discplne on HP with high level blood magic and enlighten leaving Clarity to go on MP and adjust its level the way we see fit?

3. at what point is it good to respec bandit choice from Oak to Passive skill points?

thank you very much in advance.
Can someone take a look at my profile (Kuyashiit) and give some pointers as to what item upgrades to go in order next? Any help is very much appreciated!
Is it viable to use Alpha's Howl in the helmet slot, was interested but already lack currency so my ES will not be terrific. Please let me know :)
Official word on the Clarity => ES Watcher's Eye via Mark_GGG:

"
The implementation should have been based on the existing stat used on Sanctuary of Thought, but was mistakenly actually based on a different stat with a similar-seeming internal, which is used internally as a base stat on some monsters to give them ES based on their total life. That stat (and the weird mechanics it uses) are not intended to go on players (but are safe on monsters simply because they don't get the same number of kinds of modifiers as players).

I spent some time yesterday being frantically confused as to why so many people were reporting this when I could see the code was clearly correct, but it turns out that's because Rian already fixed the code while I was away. I cannot at this time give any estimation as to when that bug fix will be patched to the live realm.
"
Haasts wrote:
Official word on the Clarity => ES Watcher's Eye

Hopefully be a few that decide to throw the rattle out of the pram and sell the jewel in protest for peanuts. Even with the fixed numbers it's still pretty incredible.

"
Mclilzee wrote:
1. if you get stuned / freezed does your RF still deal dmg to enemies around you?

2. why do we always run clarity on HP, when we can run double purity , vitality or Discplne on HP with high level blood magic and enlighten leaving Clarity to go on MP and adjust its level the way we see fit?

3. at what point is it good to respec bandit choice from Oak to Passive skill points?

1. Yes.
2. No 'always'. Lots of us running Clarity on mana. It's just not optimal when you've other options available with the high end gems.
3. When you can gain more (consistently, not just for a level or two) from the two skill points. It needs to beat 1% of Life Regenerated per second & 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction, but there's no easy "at level xxx change". It depends on your gear and what scaling is happening to what skills and items. That's one you'll need to play with on PoB really and see what works for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info