[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

"
Yoluun wrote:

Your empower idea is a bit intriguing. I'm curious how you end up doing the slots to make sure your mana reservation isn't completely messed up. Is there a tool somewhere to help check reservation %s?

I'm guessing something like
Vertex helm - Empower 3, purity of fire, purity of lightning, vitality
Death's door boots - Blood magic, discipline, purity of ice, enlighten 3/4
Clarity gem - random slot

Path of Building will help you with reservation numbers. At the moment, since a level 4 enlighten is just outside of my range, I've got;

Vertex with - Level 3 Enlighten, Vitality, Purity of Lightning, Purity of Ice.
Unset ring with +3 gem level - Level 20 (23) Purity of Fire
Sin Trek (nothing to do with reservation%, so you can use whatever) - Blood Magic (I need to look at a level 21), Discipline, Clarity.

I've also got the Conqueror's Efficiency jewel socketed (2% reduced mana reserved) just so I can put all my purities up, before I was running without Purity of Lightning.

This gets me to 38 mana (out of 956) unreserved, and 515 life (of 1901) unreserved, which is 27% of my life, high enough not to get culled if I enter HotGM, and low enough (sub 30%) to proc Pain Attunement.

It's just enough mana to scorching ray too, since it costs me 32, I just need to look at another jewel socket with es%, mana%, and damage or something similar.

I feel like with an empower you might not have enough mana/hp to have the auras on, +3 unset rings aren't too expensive if you don't need res/other stats on them. I think I paid something like 15c for my 2 res (12% fire, 24% cold) +3 that I crafted +es on, it's kinda eh, but it's a good budget one.
Last edited by Rominiust on Jan 8, 2018, 1:46:02 AM
"
Yoluun wrote:
Is there a tool somewhere to help check reservation %s?

"
Rominiust wrote:
Path of Building will help you with reservation numbers.

As Rominiust said, PoB is great for that.

PoB is almost required when you're new to gearing a build like this, or was/is for me at least. There are such fine lines to keep everything balanced (need to hit 155 Strength for gems, need to hit 117 Dex for Sin Trek, need to hit ele weakness cap for fire when mapping, etc) so in order to balance tweaks between damage, life pool and regen it's almost essential. Something you think could be a big regen boost actually turns out to be a mediocre boost while dropping your ES pool which makes 1 shots more dangerous and lowers your damage. So well worth diving into it if you've not already.

For those that aren't PoB fans, there is https://poe.mikelat.com/. Pretty handy for playing with auras and even just for showing what items can make a difference to reservations. (Though I noticed it didn't have Memory Vault in there yet, surprisingly)

If you don't decide to mess about with a new layout for the gems, be sure to put down the lvl21 Blood Magic pretty high on your upgrade list. Getting PoF to 23 and that extra res point always a big gain for RF.

Hey Threadbuddies,

can you help me with this Belt,.. what do you think it would be worth?

There are not really many to compare to on sale.
I got the highest Life and ES roll but only 15% ES recovery,...

thanks in advance.
Cheers
Last edited by Alienbutter on Jan 8, 2018, 4:40:37 AM
"
Alienbutter wrote:
Hey Threadbuddies,

thanks in advance.
Cheers

Imo that belt really isn't worth that much in league.
- no resists
- T2 ES roll
- T3 Life roll
- T2 ES recovery roll

Depending in the item lvl of the belt it maybe worth more or less than a couple chaos.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Alienbutter wrote:
Hey Threadbuddies,

thanks in advance.
Cheers

Imo that belt really isn't worth that much in league.
- no resists
- T2 ES roll
- T3 Life roll
- T2 ES recovery roll

Depending in the item lvl of the belt it maybe worth more or less than a couple chaos.

ah ok ty
note quite the answer I was looking for but ok.
Last edited by Alienbutter on Jan 8, 2018, 5:37:20 AM
"

Doing this build rn and it feels not that comfortable as i thought it would be! any tips for improving QOL?

Made small changes in this setup and lvld gems a bit.

And done my first ever Shaper deathless, lol.
Spoiler

With that kind of gear this build FeelsGoodMan :D

Edit: But I have one more question, why Chimera pets so retatded strong lol?
Last edited by MkZb on Jan 8, 2018, 6:39:25 AM
"

Edit: But I have one more question, why Chimera pets so retatded strong lol?

Because Chimera himself is an absolute joke ;-)
How come no Flammability curse?
ign sweetumss
"
newbsauce87 wrote:
How come no Flammability curse?

Because our Witchfire already provides a high level curse and we don't have any free sockets (lowlife often is short on sockets).

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Haasts wrote:
Managed to get a Clarity => ES + PoL Phys=>Lightning Watcher's Eye on my third red Elder, so pretty happy with that. All relevant gems are 20/20 or better, up to 157/157 Atlas completion (first time soloing HoGM and Shaper) and 31/40 challenges. Just need to farm up a Mortal set and look at Uber Atziri for the first time as well as grind out the grind-y challenges, and I'll be set for this league.

Hit 36/40 challenges - saw Uber Atziri for the first time after running the N Atziri sets I picked up running lab for the boot enchant etc, and got her down with only three deaths (one to trio, two to sleepily thinking my 88% fire res would let me tank the empowered Flameblast, whoops). Had a Disfavour drop and used the proceeds from that to buy an unIDed two abyssal socket for that challenge, as I've seen all of two lichs in my play. Otherwise everything was ground out myself - definitely the smoothest build I've played, and I managed it as a not very optimised player starting from scratch with no other characters ... maybe spent ~15ex over the course of the league on gear?

Not sure what my goals are now, as the remaining challenges are pretty grindy (I'm just over 2/3rds of the way to getting Zana to 8, though I guess I can start spending up on Gracious Master prophecies now). I've obtained a better rolled +2 Unset / Anger Opal ring combo to swap out for my current +3 Unset / Anger Opal setup, but trying to see if any of my nearly L20 Purity of Fires in the offhand will corrupt to L21 before making the jump or paying ~4ex for one off poe.trade. No glove or helm yet, either.
Last edited by Haasts on Jan 8, 2018, 7:21:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info