[3.2]♦Pants On Fire! LLRF Scorching Ray Guardian ♦ FULL VIDEO GUIDE UP! ♦ NO CHANGES FOR 3.2

Did my first ever Uber Atziri run and kill last night with your build, and i even dropped Acuity :)

Best thing is i still have a LONG way to go to perfect my gear.

Once again, thanks for the great build Ahfack!
Hey brother, i have a couple questions for you.

First:

How do I craft the 30% onto gloves?

Second:

Has the Rdot on shields been nerfed to 5% i cant seem to find the 20% anywhere?

I just started the build yesterday on standard, Im not as rich as you so i can't afford all the items right off the bat, but I got the important ones (neck and boots).

Currently I am 71, (in two days!!) and sustaining RF but only with a Phoenix shield... I have 5500 ES....

Anytime i take off the Phoenix and try a good quality ES shield, my RF wrecks me...

How can i fix that? I don't know how you are sustaining the degen? (I cant afford the +1 max on neck lol)

Thanks Man, awesome build.. loving it, just need a little help!

You're the best!
"
Insomniak2 wrote:

First:

Second:

I just started the build yesterday on standard, Im not as rich as you so i can't afford all the items right off the bat, but I got the important ones (neck and boots).

Currently I am 71, (in two days!!) and sustaining RF but only with a Phoenix shield... I have 5500 ES....

Anytime i take off the Phoenix and try a good quality ES shield, my RF wrecks me...

How can i fix that? I don't know how you are sustaining the degen? (I cant afford the +1 max on neck lol)

You're the best!

I think i may be able to help you :)

First of all, the 30% on gloves you get from Essence of delirium. You can either buy it for 70c-1exish, or in maps, corrupt an essence that has either Dread, scorn, misery or envy, and it may show a Delirium essence.

Then just take the delirium essence and smack it on a normal pair of i84 sorcerer gloves.

Second, the 20% rDOT on shield is a legacy leo craft. Yes, the current level 3 leo craft is only 5%.
You can find a lot of the shields with 20% rDOT on poe.trade but they're quite pricy.

Also your purity of fire seems to only be level 17 atm, sustaining the RF will become increasingly
easier as you get towards level 20.

I hope this helps.

"
Insomniak2 wrote:

First:

Second:

You're the best!

30% gloves: Essence of delerium.

Rdot nerf: Yes, it has been nerfed from 20% to 5%. But because you're in standard league you can still buy a legacy shield that has the 20% reduced dot from other players.

RF sustain: Your purity of fire is only lvl 17 (lvl18 from the +1 sceptre). You need to get your purity of fire to 23 to get a higher max fire res, which helps sustain RF. So get a lvl 20 PoF with a lvl 2 empower in your +1 sceptre. That would be the cheapest way. Other options are lvl 3 empower + 21 PoF in a Doryani's Catalyst (Doryani's gives better dps than ur current sceptre). Or a lvl 20 Pof in a ring that has +3 lvl socketed gems. The OP talks about this on page 1 of his build guide.

In addition to the PoF, you'll also need the Rise of the Phoenix, or an ES shield that has the reduced DoT mod. Also get the Soul of Arakaali from the pantheon for the extra reduced dmg taken. The +1 on amulet is really not required. That's just some extreme min-maxing for people with way too much currency ;-)

Hope this helps. Cheers

Last edited by Fritso on Nov 30, 2017, 6:06:30 AM
"
Freddydaking wrote:
Did my first ever Uber Atziri run and kill last night with your build, and i even dropped Acuity :)

Best thing is i still have a LONG way to go to perfect my gear.

Once again, thanks for the great build Ahfack!

Awesome!! You're very welcome. Glad you're enjoying it :) SO LUCKY dropping Acuity. I've done over 50 runs and still no gloves. But my luck in this game has always been very interesting. My friends always ask me why I buy 6l's instead of trying to link them myself. So, then to prove a point. I bought a near perfect tinkerskin (for a trapper/miner I'm working on), and it took 1.1k jewelers to 6s it :D

lol
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Fritso and Freddy on point. Thanks for steppin in and helping other players in my absence! Been very busy IRL and with other builds at the moment. GGG not releasing the tree until the day before league start is going to make it hard to update all the builds in a timely manner so try and be patient as well <3

However, I don't see much changing with this build in 3.1
Last edited by Ahfack on Dec 1, 2017, 11:25:20 AM
After the DoT mod nerf from 20 -> 5, is a rare shield still much better than Rotp?

I am on standard but the 20% ones start at like 8ex and even the 5% ones are 2ex+. So was wondering how close the difference was before dropping the currency on that!

Thanks,
~Myth

Edit: Also, you say to take 'Kill all' in bandits for standard but I assume that's based on getting a 5%/20% shield?
Last edited by Mythkiller on Dec 1, 2017, 11:36:52 AM
"
Mythkiller wrote:
After the DoT mod nerf from 20 -> 5, is a rare shield still much better than Rotp?

I am on standard but the 20% ones start at like 8ex and even the 5% ones are 2ex+. So was wondering how close the difference was before dropping the currency on that!

Thanks,
~Myth

Edit: Also, you say to take 'Kill all' in bandits for standard but I assume that's based on getting a 5%/20% shield?

There is not much differense in mitigation of RF damage to self between RotP and 20% shield, but a rare shield will give you a lot more ES, and thus damage with RF. My advise would be to lvl Leo to lvl 3 (prety fast if you use the gracious masters prophecy), buy a 400+ ES shield with an open suffix (they are pretty damn cheap, like 40c or so) and craft the Leo mod on it yourself. You'll still be able to sustain RF as a guardian and if you use the reduced DoT taken from pantheon. Later on, when you get more currency, you can always upgrade to a legacy 20% DoT shield.

Judging from your characters though it looks like you're playing life based RF. In that case I'd stick with a RotP. High life shield with 20% DoT is also possible, but they are probably less available.
Last edited by Fritso on Dec 1, 2017, 11:51:08 AM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

Thanks,
~Myth

There is not much differense in mitigation of RF damage to self between RotP and 20% shield, but a rare shield will give you a lot more ES, and thus damage with RF. My advise would be to lvl Leo to lvl 3 (prety fast if you use the gracious masters prophecy), buy a 400+ ES shield with an open suffix (they are pretty damn cheap, like 40c or so) and craft the Leo mod on it yourself. You'll still be able to sustain RF as a guardian and if you use the reduced DoT taken from pantheon. Later on, when you get more currency, you can always upgrade to a legacy 20% DoT shield.

Judging from your characters though it looks like you're playing life based RF. In that case I'd stick with a RotP. High life shield with 20% DoT is also possible, but they are probably less available.

Perfect thanks! That makes more sense. Didn't realize it was only a lvl 3 mod. I have a life based RF build but am leveling a new one with this build guide who will be ES.

Appreciate the quick response!

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

Thanks,
~Myth

Perfect thanks! That makes more sense. Didn't realize it was only a lvl 3 mod. I have a life based RF build but am leveling a new one with this build guide who will be ES.

Appreciate the quick response!

~Myth

Yep! Fritso on point as always.

I also tell everyone the same thing if they are ES, if you do not have access to a 20%rDoT shield (whether in league or because short on currency), then help oak to get 1% more regen and run a stone golem. That typically fills in the gap you need. And yes, rotp for life is fine even all the way to shaper etc...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info