[2.6 Legacy Build Concept: Budget Almost LL RF Trickster]

Thoughts on using Vaal RF for bosses? With that ES pool we should have a HUGE damage.

Ignore me, we don't use Vaal Pact! :(
Last edited by Nawul on Mar 2, 2017, 5:00:08 AM
"
Marxone wrote:
I don't think this is a good league starter. It is heavy on gem levels and pasive tree points. It is a nice concept to spec into after week in league or so. I wonder what to do till the point when you can afford to have all gear, gems and points to get started.

Something to mention - Coruscating Elixir
This is free "hybrid" way to bypass ES/chaos dmg , so you don't need necessarily the Esh's Visage. Running the Coruscating Elixir probably twice and have it on cycling macro or somthing could do the trick :) (also, it's ruby flask you basically full uptime with 6% max fire res.

I understand the concerns about people regarding this as a league starter. As an experienced player I tend to think of 1-2ex as easily obtainable in the first week of the league (farming dried lake and early mapping) and therefore I consider it a reasonable league starter. This build should easily be able to run around as scorching ray at least until you get the cash to set up your RF. However for newer players who aren't as confident as earning that much early on, I can perhaps understand why you would wish to avoid this build for a starter. I'll add an addendum to the introduction post.

Also I like the Elixir Idea, I was considering it but You'd need to run it in tandem with a life flask for the situation in which it drops (since you don't have any life regen) so I thought it was a little too hipster for me :P
Last edited by Nightflare on Mar 2, 2017, 6:36:41 AM
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:

Seems viable to at least T12 maps or so, needs either a level 2 enlighten or one more 4% reduced mana reserved node to prevent low-mana while using Shield Charge or Whirling Blades for movement though.
It might be worth adding Arcane Vision, the sight range on interior maps is only about the range of an Increased AoE RF setup.

Edit: threw your build together on a character that had a reset in softcore, that's where any comments I have are coming from.

Thats good to know! You can always respec the Trickster ascendancy from frenzy generation to free movement skills to avoid the Enlighten at the cost of a little bit of damage. Since you can run a Curse on Hit shield charge it also supplies your curse generation too.
Last edited by Nightflare on Mar 2, 2017, 6:33:56 AM
"
Thoughts on using Vaal RF for bosses? With that ES pool we should have a HUGE damage.

Ignore me, we don't use Vaal Pact! :(

Well as long as it's softcore... :P
do you see the recovery rate bonus from the armor in the statistics defense?

Before, the beast fur shawl was kind of bugged, the recovery rate bonus wasn't working in the statistics..
Last edited by Nerd900 on Mar 2, 2017, 10:21:42 AM
"
Nerd900 wrote:

Before, the beast fur shawl was kind of bugged, the recovery rate bonus wasn't working in the statistics..

The Beast Fur Shawl and the bonus from Trickster do not show in the character sheet but do apply correctly based on some testing I did in softcore.
i think thats interesting, what do you plan on gem setups?
mandatory might only be one 4 link for rf
3 link for movment
get golem and curse ee setup..the auras..
(1 reseverd on life 1 on mana?)
but what do use the potential 6 link for?

E: purity of fire in the new unset rings with +3 would give also +1max res
and i think item wise its league starter friendly BUT gameplay wise idk what u do before getting the rf setup and i dont think it will feel good.
Last edited by ASUREX on Mar 2, 2017, 6:07:27 PM
"
ASUREX wrote:
i think thats interesting, what do you plan on gem setups?
mandatory might only be one 4 link for rf
3 link for movment
get golem and curse ee setup..the auras..
(1 reseverd on life 1 on mana?)
but what do use the potential 6 link for?

E: purity of fire in the new unset rings with +3 would give also +1max res
and i think item wise its league starter friendly BUT gameplay wise idk what u do before getting the rf setup and i dont think it will feel good.

Well you can probably use a 6-link scorching ray using an elreon ring to cover the mana costs. It also would buff the RF damage. Basic playstyle: pop golem, buff auras, activate RF, shield charge into packs proccing EE and curses, scorching ray down any rares or bosses that live.
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
"
Nerd900 wrote:

The Beast Fur Shawl and the bonus from Trickster do not show in the character sheet but do apply correctly based on some testing I did in softcore.

appreciate the testing + the idea from op

would u make ur chars public maybe?
id like to see the gems/gear/skill tree u used for testing

either way, looking forward to new league gonna try that
also liking the idea of scorching ray as 6l with elreon ring
Last edited by Rufnet on Mar 2, 2017, 6:39:09 PM
"
Rufnet wrote:
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:

appreciate the testing + the idea from op

would u make ur chars public maybe?
id like to see the gems/gear/skill tree u used for testing

either way, looking forward to new league gonna try that
also liking the idea of scorching ray as 6l with elreon ring

Sorry about that, thought my characters were already public.
Here's the link https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yajirushi62/characters?characterName=Scrubzzorzzzz

Edit: switched over to Shav's so I could drop ele damage on jewelery for a herald, it was a 5L Beast Fur running a 5L RF because I was lazy. If anyone cares I can throw that Beast Fur and my Esh's shield onto another character later for any comparisons you want.
Last edited by Yajirushi62 on Mar 2, 2017, 8:52:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info