[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Great question and also let me state that netmos' is a very good build and pretty similar. As stated in my guide, ST is pretty straight forward and most ppl that do it have the same "type" of build with little variances. Mine is just tweaked specifically to me so I don't feel that hey this is great but this bugs me feeling when following someone else's build.

However as similar as they are there are a decent amount of changes as well:

- He has Wrath linked with empower 4 and enlighten 4 (to rich for my blood for a few levels on an aura, even though every level on wrath is a good boost in damage)

- He uses sword over dagger and as I stated before id rather have slightly less attack speed since its already completely insane, and a bit higher crit.

- He does not use a golem at all, where as I use lightning golem

- He uses starkonja's helm for the nice flat life bonus which isn't bad but would much rather have attack speed + tons of crit by using rat's nest

- He uses 1 life flask + basalt where as I drop basalt and use 2 life flasks

- I link wrath + 1 herald to my enlighten to give me some more mana.

- Biggest change I believe though is I drop the empower due to cost reasons for little benefit (in my eyes) but it also allows me to pick up the small 3 point wheel for charisma giving me 12% mana reduction for my auras which lets me put in a 4th aura. I use herald of ice + wrath for the most part and after getting geared up plus enlighten 3 and the charisma nodes im able to put in herald of thunder.

So to me 3 passive points + enlighten (3-4) for an extra herald is > empower 4 + enlighten (3-4). Level 21 to 24 wrath is 3-61 lightning dmg. Where as Level 21 Herald of Thunder is 20-81 damage with 31-1451 dmg lightning bolts that come down. All - the cost of empower level 4.

Hope that helps to answer your questions. Netmos' build is great and a perfectly viable option but those are my reasons for changing/doing things different. In the end you have to decide what will fit best for you. As I said in my guide, feel free to use mine as a basis and tweak/change what you don't like to suit you.

Tweaking a build to suit your playstyle could mean the difference between writing off a build saying it just isn't you and having an absolute blast.

Thanks for the quick reply man definitely helped make my mind up :D prob gonna follow yours
just another question tho with the slight changes to daggers crit and the buffs to the sword nodes on the passive tree would you say swords can be better?
Hi, great guide. I am thinking about using it as a league starter as well.

One question: How important is the Raider ascendancy class in your opinion? I just love me some Pathfinder for all the utility it gives. Is that viable for this build or do I drop too much damage/other things important to you?
Will you do leveling section in the guide? Or it is simple?
1. Use ST from the beggining.
2. Use ele-damage dagger
3. ...
4. PROFIT!

Am I right? Some another advices?
Last edited by niqx87 on Mar 3, 2017, 10:25:49 AM
Nice build mate. Im following one close to this for league starter. Did you ever try to work in force of nature? Its awkward spot on the tree for sure, but so good with that 6 pen.
POE 2 hype.
"
the_truth wrote:
Nice build mate. Im following one close to this for league starter. Did you ever try to work in force of nature? Its awkward spot on the tree for sure, but so good with that 6 pen.

After looking at all the close nodes I agree. 6% pen would be very strong imo. Might do it myself and maybe drop a gem slot or two depending on gem availability and whatnot.
Is the Orb of Storms set up necessary? It seems like it would slow you down having to stand in the circle. I'm probably just missing something here. If it's not required, does anyone have any good suggestions for the 4-link spot it opens up? Since auras and cursing is taken care of, I'm not sure what else to do with it. Maybe a CWDT set up?

I'm looking to start this with Legacy today and the Orb of Storm was my only concern.
"
niqx87 wrote:
2. Use ele-damage dagger
3. ...
4. PROFIT!

I did some tries leveling to act1-2 normal for the build. This is my suggestion:

Since you don't put any points in dagger damage nodes in the beginning and just have projectile damage nodes in general, you can easily lvl with a bow and Lightning Arrow instead (same links aswell, LMP, WED, Added lightning etc.)

So while leveling I would level both LA and ST and depending on if I find a better dagger or sword I will adapt accordingly.

Hope this helps :)
"
Xandin wrote:
Is the Orb of Storms set up necessary? It seems like it would slow you down having to stand in the circle. I'm probably just missing something here. If it's not required, does anyone have any good suggestions for the 4-link spot it opens up? Since auras and cursing is taken care of, I'm not sure what else to do with it. Maybe a CWDT set up?

I'm looking to start this with Legacy today and the Orb of Storm was my only concern.

That setup is there to generate Power Charges on bosses where your CoH setup doesn't work. It helps a lot for single target and that's why it's there. So you never use it while farming (no slowing down), just for single target.
Last edited by p4rasite on Mar 3, 2017, 11:39:41 AM
"
niqx87 wrote:
2. Use ele-damage dagger
3. ...
4. PROFIT!

buy a or Tow Fidelitas' Spike Jagged Foil it very cool for lvling with ST
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
My biggest suggestion to you is to get the buzzsaw MTX, it just makes the skill so much better lol.

Are you talking about alternate skin effect? dunno what is Buzzsaw, i would think it's alternate skin
Am i wrong ? ^^

Yes as the guy below linked its the seraph spectral throw, they look like little "buzzsaws" instead of the weapon image, thus ppl years ago started calling it buzzsaw or ele buzzsaw.

"
d3s0 wrote:
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
My biggest suggestion to you is to get the buzzsaw MTX, it just makes the skill so much better lol.

Are you talking about alternate skin effect? dunno what is Buzzsaw, i would think it's alternate skin
Am i wrong ? ^^

You are correct

-----

Gonna use this build as league starter this time (barely have played for last couple leagues due to overburning on PoE lol), just not sure if 0.4% Lifeleech will be enough to carry on without having vinktars. Quite tempted to still use the big leech wheel below duelist but we'll see.

Ya I hope so as well. I can gurantee that .8% was fine with last tree, and im HOPING .4% is fine with this one but we will see. Vinktar really is not that hard to get so I don't see a problem while mapping and such. Shaper and guardians and such I will have to take a look. Might have to drop a few dagger nodes and get the 3 big life ones but we will have to see.

To be honest I would absolutely love getting like 3-5 more passive points. Im hoping with the addition of a5 we can get 3-6 more passives for tree cuz everytime I do a build it seems like I want just a few more points lol. Maybe Ill throw in the extra leech and take the build to level 100, will have to see!

"
KouboMog wrote:
Time to use some Birthday money (just turn 29 the 28/02, well no 29/02 this year... sadly :p )

Thanks for this advices :)
Happy birthday man! I promise its one of the most used mtx's that I have. I love it, completely changes the skill for me. My 30th birthday is actually coming up in april :)

"
coaa wrote:
I powerleveled this the past 2 days before the new league. Been doing it for a few builds trying to figure out what I want to play. Really was leaning toward the SRS auramancer but it can be stupid expensive where this is really cheap at first.

Few advices for people picking this and leveling this new league. Do not just throw on any unique you find thinking its an auto-upgrade over other gear. I of course had all uniques of all levels to play with and by the end of even normal act 4 I was getting destroyed. Just stick with keeping resistances capped and life on gear.

Another thing, follow what he says about 2-3 elemental damages on your sword/dagger. I had a unique dagger that had huge dmg on it but no elemental. It was taking forever to kill anything with it even though the damage was great. I was about to give up on the build and I got a dagger drop with horrible base damage but good lightning/fire/cold damage on it. Holy crap what a difference. I went from struggling with everything to as of this morning, one shotting everything up to act 3 cruel so far. It was a huge difference.

Glad you enjoyed it! And yes I couldn't agree more, most defensive levling is the same on all start chars, try to keep ur resistances up as you go, get any extra life you can. As for weapons, you did exactly right and that is because of all the WED scaling on tree and such.

"
Fantastika wrote:
what do you think,about Es based ST build? I`m new to POE,so it might be not so good
somehow,my poeplanner doesnt show corrent points on passive tree when uploaded here

http://imgur.com/a/pjZM0
Asked and answered, look through first couple pages of comments when I was talking about CI version with another guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info