[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
zell580 wrote:
So I keep seeing Elemental Focus being brought up.
I can understand using it for the major bosses, but I'm fairly certain it hurts clear speed since you can no longer freeze, you don't cause Herald of Ice explosions, which means you aren't cursing.

Unless I'm missing something.

Somebody with the high tier gear can verify, but I believe with the really high tier gear, you'll 1-3 shot rares even in T15-16 with just flasks and no curse. So curse effectiveness drops tremendously since everything dies before the herald explosion. So the % elemental dmg can boost the non-curse dmg further. For bosses or stuff that takes longer and can't be frozen to curse, you can use OoS for the guaranteed curse (provided not Hexproof).

Since Herald would be less useful with 0% chance to freeze (just adding the cold dmg to attacks), you could get into Blasphemy + EW + Enlighten to just dash and throw and replace OoS with something else, but I'm not geared enough to test it and you'll need some levels or rolls to have the mana to run Wrath + Blasphemy.

And thanks for the crit explanation. That makes a lot more sense seeing the numbers.
Herald of Ice allows us to cover more of the screen through.
If you use spectral throw with your cursor closer to your character, you get a wider arc on the weapons so they cover more area, but you introduce larger gaps between each weapon.
Herald of Ice novas cover those gaps allows for faster clear speed through a wider arc.

Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out if there is something I'm not accounting for.
How to get enough int? I can't even get enough for 55 lvl claw. Please don't eat me alive im not good at building and changing trees to my needs :(
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Hey,

actually i feel to have some problems with my Mana recovery. Especially against single Enemies.
What kind of stat is better to look for, Physical dmg leeched as Mana oder +2 Mana on hit?

Thanks

Grab the mana leech near Point Blank. Physical leech not as effective as flat attack leech since the latter works with elemental dmg. You can grab stuff on accessories and what not, but 1 point gets you 0.4% mana leech.

Got Lucky (for me) with two exalts:

+24 Intelligence. For sure not the best, but now i dont need any int on jewellery

+ 0,37% Phys dmg leeched as Mana, my Mana Problems are nearly gone now :-)) very happy with that
"
How to get enough int? I can't even get enough for 55 lvl claw. Please don't eat me alive im not good at building and changing trees to my needs :(

Pick up the 30 int nodes, the 20 int from Primal Spirit, and any remaining int you need from accessories. I just have Primal Spirit and a ring with 50 int. I had some claws for a little while that added 50 int, but that also took away from a dmg mod.

"
zell580 wrote:
Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out if there is something I'm not accounting for.

You're good, nothing wrong with discussion as someone should leave better informed (probably me in this case).

How I understand it:
There are 2 different damages taking effect when you throw.. the ST damage which we all know and love. And then there is the Herald of Ice effect that happens when we shatter a frozen enemy.

Now according to the tooltips, my ST does 2154 to 7143 dmg (29.5k dps, GMP, H/O). While Herald only does 493 to 739 cold dmg, about 10% of the ST dmg. Since we do not shatter every enemy and not all packs are going to be clustered together, it will only be clustered groups that takes a lot of stacked damage when the pack is killed. With 25% chance to freeze, a pack of 10 close mobs, on average only 2-3 will shatter, so only 30% of the dmg with close proximity to the ones that died. That is just with 1 use of ST and subsequent uses will increase the avg # of frozen targets and the avg # of Herald procs. But those subsequent uses is also increasing the dmg from just ST while slightly scaling the Herald dmg.

TL;DR:
More dmg is coming from Spectral and Herald is just a little bit of a bonus and the added cold dmg to ST.

I'm all ears though if you have something else to add.

Side question:
Do you use the alternate skill effect for ST? I believe that increases the radius of ST so the gaps are much narrower. But I could be wrong again.

Side note #2: I just got home and decided to Annul some old claws to see if I could enchant crit, and it worked! Extra 6.5% crit from non-crit claws bringing my ST GMP dmg to shy of 31k.
"
zell580 wrote:
So I keep seeing Elemental Focus being brought up.
I can understand using it for the major bosses, but I'm fairly certain it hurts clear speed since you can no longer freeze, you don't cause Herald of Ice explosions, which means you aren't cursing.

Unless I'm missing something.

Also crit is super important to have on a claw. The way crit works when rolled onto weapons is it modifies the base crit chance. It's basically a more multiplier for crit.

Base Crit * Crit% on Weapon * +Crit% = Total Crit
6 * 1(0%) * 3.27(227%) = 19.62%
6 * 1.27(27%) * 3(200%) = 22.86%

So the higher your base weapon crit is, the more effect each % increased Critical Strike chance is.

This is correct on both accounts.

Elemental focus is not the best pick. It may be "SLIGHTLY" better on things like shaper or guardian that don't get shocked/chilled/frozen but only slightly compared to another gem. For all other general purpose clearing NON ele focus will be better.

So for me personally I will never level up a 21/20 ele focus just to swap out on that .1% of the time I happen to be doing a guardian or shaper and then ONLY have it be slightly better than another gem, sounds like a giant waste of time.

As for crit it is the same as well. Crit chance is a very big difference as it effects the base of the weapon.

"
DunklerKoenig wrote:

+ 0,37% Phys dmg leeched as Mana, my Mana Problems are nearly gone now :-)) very happy with that

Phys dmg leech is non existent. Everything you do is ele dmg, this mod is 100% useless for you.

I was wondering where I could find my next upgrade? I have about 300c to play with so I'm open to suggestions. Heres my gear if you guys don't wanna click my profile:

Also, I know I have two curses linked right now. I was wondering what you guys think about that? I use the herald of ice with assassin's mark for clearing packs and then use OoS/elemental weakness for bosses/anything strong enough to get close to me.
I just hit lvl 90 and i tried to do minotaur and chimera and it's safe to say i didn't manage to do it, although i managed to get chimera to 1/3 hp but i wasted last 2 portals by dying to his fog attacks, so it wasn't a total waste.

Anyway, I'm looking for some improvements so if someone could browse at my profile and suggest something that would be great. I know the first thing i should do is get a new claw but what else (flask, rings, tree)?

I got 5.8k life and i think i can't get much more than that. Thanks!
Got pretty much dissapointed by Vinktars, mostly couse of that shitty 50% increased damage taken debuff, that u cant remove.
In my personal experience, there are no actuall encounters u wanna use it outside Shaper, and maybe Uber vaals.
Using it on uber Trio - risk of getting 1 shoted by anything ;)
Using it on uber Atziri - risk of getting 1-shotted by spear throw
On Mino,Hydra - well, same problem.
Chimera and Phoenix are joke fights anyways, i dont see why u want to use Vinctars there.
Its simply doesnt worth that extra 10% damage taken and 10% pen/flat ele damage for a risk of getting killed, just go for Atziri's Promise.

Currently 96, can probably hit 100 with all those Beachhead's ;):

Lots of yolo 3 damage jewels;
2x vaal grace for long and shitty fights.
Kintsugi for better surviviability then Belly.
Everything else is pretty standart
5.7k health
47.2k dps with gmp
80k dps with slower proj

Upd: Vinctar doesnt shock us(that debuff that flask gives, isnt shocking us while phasing), its me being stupid;
Vinctar is still a thing.
Last edited by LostSinner666 on Aug 29, 2017, 10:23:45 PM
"
LostSinner666 wrote:
Got pretty much dissapointed by Vinktars, mostly couse of that shitty 50% increased damage taken debuff, that u cant remove.

Take on your diamond flask removed shock ability and you will remove this debuff, while using all the flask in same time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info