2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

I wonder what will happen to those skills that are not mentioned. Like molten shell with radius of only 15... Well I hope they also get some changes and buffs.
"
khanhbui001 wrote:
I wonder what will happen to those skills that are not mentioned. Like molten shell with radius of only 15... Well I hope they also get some changes and buffs.

Probably forgotten and buffed in future via patch/jewel
lol the skilled GGG balance team incoming...

they still search for the one that had to go fill a bucket of water 5 days ago...

IGN: Bluntexile
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
And no response from GGG. This show us how they care. And i stupid idiot bought quad tab recently. I regret it soooo badly...

Do you have amnesia or what? You are not new player, for sure, so you should know that they reply only on Reddit (less crybabies, less shit, and some more easons I bet)
that is sad that they replying on reddit instead of here on oficial forum. It shows something.
Last edited by laminarija on Feb 28, 2017, 10:28:53 AM
"
deraiiled wrote:
"
RealHeroLUL wrote:
Hi guys, I didn't get did they nerf aoe or not? They say "Increased radius of AoE changed to Increased AoE". So now, S=pi*R^2, before changed it was Radius (R), so area of effect (S) was growing ^2 times, now it does sick less right? I mean for example: we have 50% increased Radius AoE or we have 50% increased AoE -> S=pi*(R*1.5)^2=2.25pi*R. and S*1.5= pi*R^2. So we lose 2.25-1.5=0.75%?

good calculation, wrong conclusion 2.25 - 1.5 = 0.75 => 75% which means 50 % Radius AoE will be higher by 75% than 50% Increased AoE.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for my bad English. So that formula is right for it?
it really seems like allot of aoe junkies are butthurt, to me the changes look to be very nice, but in the end none of us know what this means to the actual gameplay and i think it would be best to play it first before people express all their butthurt before understanding how this actually results ingame.
"
RealHeroLUL wrote:
"
deraiiled wrote:
"
RealHeroLUL wrote:
Hi guys, I didn't get did they nerf aoe or not? They say "Increased radius of AoE changed to Increased AoE". So now, S=pi*R^2, before changed it was Radius (R), so area of effect (S) was growing ^2 times, now it does sick less right? I mean for example: we have 50% increased Radius AoE or we have 50% increased AoE -> S=pi*(R*1.5)^2=2.25pi*R. and S*1.5= pi*R^2. So we lose 2.25-1.5=0.75%?

good calculation, wrong conclusion 2.25 - 1.5 = 0.75 => 75% which means 50 % Radius AoE will be higher by 75% than 50% Increased AoE.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for my bad English. So that formula is right for it?

Initial formulas and where you apply the bonus are ok, but math is conceptually wrong, you're mixing different things in the wrong way, the other dude didn't understand anything too xD

Work with examples, it's easier; take Ice Nova, untouched by changes:

Radius 30
Area 30^2 * 3.14 =2826

+50% aoe radius bonus in current patch:

Radius = 30 * 1.5 = 45
Area = Radius^2 * pi = 6358 (a +124% increase)

+50% area bonus in 2.6:

Area = Base area * 1.5 = 4239
Radius = SQRT (Area / pi) = 36.7 (a +22% increase)

So in this case your range gain from bonuses is reduced by roughly 55%; the real loss is lower since most bonuses have been raised, but still significant and it varies depending on what you use to increase it (almost certainly over 40% loss for those skills who didn't receive buff at their base range)

(keep in mind that this is what dev's words hint, no one gave an offcial formula, they might as well worded it poorly and real calculations are more complicated than this)
Last edited by Beregondz on Feb 28, 2017, 12:39:33 PM
"
Beregondz wrote:

[Ice Nova calcs above]
So in this case your range gain from bonuses is reduced by roughly 55%; the real loss is lower since most bonuses have been raised, but still significant and it varies depending on what you use to increase it (almost certainly over 40% loss for those skills who didn't receive buff at their base range)

Hey there,

but am I correct in assuming that an old 5% node increase for radius would be like a new node with ~10.25% increased area? Previously, you were able to collect 15% increased radius in any one "cluster". Now they changed this to 10% for the notable and 8% for the adjoining passive. So, effectively, you get less out of it.

One interesting observation for the Glacial Hammer fans out there is that the new jewel would need a radius of ~18.2 to compete with the new(!) Melee Splash. On the flip-side, the new jewel will get you 25% more splash damage, since it does not say anything about a reduction. In the end, that might just help you use elemental proliferation (which was notably absent from the manifesto post...).

Cheers,
udergl

PS: I guess it's a good thing they posted this, it's killed my desire to play - and I shouldn't this week, too much work. ;)
Last edited by udergl on Feb 28, 2017, 1:41:31 PM
"
cyclon2 wrote:
it really seems like allot of aoe junkies are butthurt, to me the changes look to be very nice, but in the end none of us know what this means to the actual gameplay and i think it would be best to play it first before people express all their butthurt before understanding how this actually results ingame.

This literally affects everyone, not just "aoe junkies" if you used any melee skill with an AOE you got nerfed unless you used cleave, blade vortex, or ranged aoe. We already know how this will affect us, since there's tons of images in this thread to show us how bad we're getting fucked. Their idea of min-maxers is just if you took one AOE cluster, so yeah, this change is stupid.

If you wanted an aoe slayer gg no re, your builds are dead, bow and mage only this league, and probably the next too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info