2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

"
RealHeroLUL wrote:
Hi guys, I didn't get did they nerf aoe or not? They say "Increased radius of AoE changed to Increased AoE". So now, S=pi*R^2, before changed it was Radius (R), so area of effect (S) was growing ^2 times, now it does sick less right? I mean for example: we have 50% increased Radius AoE or we have 50% increased AoE -> S=pi*(R*1.5)^2=2.25pi*R. and S*1.5= pi*R^2. So we lose 2.25-1.5=0.75%?

good calculation, wrong conclusion 2.25 - 1.5 = 0.75 => 75% which means 50 % Radius AoE will be higher by 75% than 50% Increased AoE.
Fucks sake, I didn't even min-max aoe before and this ruined most of my aoe skills. This doesn't help me at all, it just makes my melee skills worse!

Earthquake, which already took a huge hit, is taking more of a hit, and Reave, is also taking a hit. How is taking one AOE cluster considered min-maxing? Why would you nerf melee skill range and buff range AOE? This does not make any sense. I can barely even get one AOE clsuter on a duelist, and this significantly impacts my performance.
"
Ventripotent wrote:
The 2 skills I was looking at starting SSF legacy with are Arctic Breath and Shock Nova. I see nothing about base area increases for them, and in my testing they didn't feel particularly OP even with all the AoE stuff I could conveniently get.

Arctic Breath is OP as fuck. It's the one of very few skills that can shotgun. With more AoE, its easier to shotgun, since more projectiles will overlap. Well, it's nerf to it, but it's not end of the world (I will probably play it anyway)
And no response from GGG. This show us how they care. And i stupid idiot bought quad tab recently. I regret it soooo badly...
"
Kastmar wrote:
And no response from GGG. This show us how they care. And i stupid idiot bought quad tab recently. I regret it soooo badly...

Do you have amnesia or what? You are not new player, for sure, so you should know that they reply only on Reddit (less crybabies, less shit, and some more easons I bet)
I still can't fathom why anyone thought this was okay, the only classes that can truly take advantage of Min-maxing aoe is templar, and witch THAT'S IT. Nobody else can hit all the nodes ina reasonable fashion, all this does is make auras smaller, melee aoe worse, and magic/ ranged mostly the same or better.

How on earth, or any planet, is this considered a buff to anyone? This fucking destroys the Slayer class.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Ventripotent wrote:
The 2 skills I was looking at starting SSF legacy with are Arctic Breath and Shock Nova. I see nothing about base area increases for them, and in my testing they didn't feel particularly OP even with all the AoE stuff I could conveniently get.

Arctic Breath is OP as fuck. It's the one of very few skills that can shotgun. With more AoE, its easier to shotgun, since more projectiles will overlap. Well, it's nerf to it, but it's not end of the world (I will probably play it anyway)

Tell about your "shotgun" effect at AB to bosses. How do you shotgun vs 1 Target? try to kite every boss to a monsterpack? Beside that, AB is shit for map clearing + even more shit for single target. I am not sure if you are just a damn troll or do you have some sort of ADHD.

Someone who claims Arctic Breath is OP as "Fuck", has clearly no clue about what a Bowbuild or any other Meta shit can do. And they are not nerfed the slightest.
You can use wall or any other rock/tree w/e. I played Pizza Sticks this league. At the end of the league I swapped my Flameblast to Arctic Breath (tree was still for my flameblast, so some fire damage nodes) and I cleared Core w/o any problems. Vulerability, -12 % max res, Turbo Malachai? Meh, he dies faster than I can see damn Hearts pop up...
As a map clear - I cleared maps quicker with AB that Flameblast. Even with 100+ casting speed charging FB takes longer than shooting 1 AB.

Not gonna talk If Arctic Breath is OP or not with guy that clearly NEVER played it in the end game.
Last edited by Aynix on Feb 28, 2017, 7:57:01 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:

Do you have amnesia or what? You are not new player, for sure, so you should know that they reply only on Reddit (less crybabies, less shit, and some more easons I bet)

Next joke...
Reddit is filled with complete circlejerk-teenagerhipster-NOTEVENFUNNYmemespamming-hype_mongering-disappointed-wannabes.
Did you even check out reddit after the AoE changes? Its not different than here. Some are pro change some are contra. Sure its good for the future for fixing certain skills.
But its not good to promise in a VLOG to the playerbase, that HEAVY INVESTING AoE builders, will end up with a lower AoE than before + non or small investing players will most likely end up with a bigger AoE. Its the opposite... As soon as you use an AoE gem + all other spells that did not get an baseline AoE increase, you are gimped! Whats even the reason now for AoE gems? If its so marginal not even talking about the gimped passives. On top of that, they did not even dare to fix the completely fucked up AoE uniques. Lol pieces of shit are worthless not because nobody will use them.
Last edited by xX999Xx on Feb 28, 2017, 8:06:04 AM
"
xX999Xx wrote:
Whats even the reason now for AoE gems? If its so marginal not even talking about the gimped passives. On top of that, they did not even dare to fix the completely fucked up AoE uniques. Lol pieces of shit are worthless not because nobody will use them.

Last edited by Aynix on Feb 28, 2017, 8:26:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info