2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

First they killed Crit (They nerfed dagger crit BTW), now they killed AoE. What will be the next victim?
Is there anything else to nerf?

I think attack speed and movement speed will see a huge nerf after the end of the 2.6.0 and 3.0 expansion era.

After that? Who knows? Who knows if people will still playing after that?

Is GGG planning to kill their game?

"
datass wrote:
Is the "cold-only" splash of the new threshold gem for glacial hammer 14 units? same as the duelist notable?

I want to know this so badly, too! And don't reply here, please edit your manifesto post. Anything else would be lost in the thread here.

I've been planning a Glacial Hammer build all week now. The AoE WITH the Templar node is good at the moment. After the changes, it'll simply be about 100% less Area of Effect. That's not nice at all.

Melee Splash with Templar AoE and Inc AoE gem:
Before: 44,809
After: 35,742

I didn't use the new tool, which someone non-GGG posted on reddit, I just did some basic math.
I do agree, increasing the radius is a bad design choice. But the logic behind Melee Splash defies me. Who uses that gem, except for "true melee" skills which didn't have AoE (like Glacial Hammer and Infernal blow)?

TL;DR: I needed an AoE cluster before, now I still need it, but its crap.

Ciao,
udergl

PS: Please post a radius for the new threshold jewel for Glacial Hammer. I don't have it in me to level up a toon and play "Legacy" league just on the off chance that it'll be "ok".
Last edited by udergl on Feb 27, 2017, 6:44:21 PM
"
Peterking72 wrote:
First they killed Crit (They nerfed dagger crit BTW), now they killed AoE. What will be the next victim?
Is there anything else to nerf?

I think attack speed and movement speed will see a huge nerf after the end of the 2.6.0 and 3.0 expansion era.

After that? Who knows? Who knows if people will still playing after that?

Is GGG planning to kill their game?

What are you talking about? I see just a small balance changes. The chars based on crit are superior to anything else so good move and about AoE, I don´t know what to think yet but nothing dramatic anyway. AoE scaling should be based on skill damage though so will see.
And yes, speed overall should be nerfed hard cos it´s out of any limit.

People are just overreacting but nothing new here.
how about some info on aura and curse skills....................
Last edited by tntkiller on Feb 27, 2017, 7:04:44 PM
If GGG goes at movement skills like this, i'm out. Fuck all the people who never want games to change from the 90's till now, it's 2017 and clear speed is supreme. Please don't nerf fun GGG, AoE never hurt anyone :( SO MAYD!
Last edited by DrDraids on Feb 27, 2017, 7:06:17 PM
"so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential." Sound's really weird to me.... People don't take every aoe nodes because they are force too but because they like big aoe, so if you nerf aoe they will want every node more than before.... I'am not exeperienced enought to know if the nerf is a must or not but the explanation sound's ridiculous to me.
The developers from what I can tell getting ready for my 3rd league are pretty cool guys who actually play/test very very very little of the game/changes and listen to reddit users and base the majority of nerfs off streamers and not the actual gameplay.

For instance the melee splash that was used by summoners and not actual melee characters most likely being the core of this AOE nerf crap seems like it was one of the real reasons and rather than just saying it, they played it off as something else.... Which I don't get. No melee characters actually use melee splash that I've seen so far.

Norse was the only streamer to really run Reave well, it was a build that he spent over 300 ex on. Reave got nerfed harder than any other skill... Again, that makes zero sense to me.

But if you want to see a developer reply, you have to go onto reddit to see.
Really do not understand these changes. Melee was already way underpowered in clear speed compared to spell, this seems to make things worse with the splash change being much more dramatic than the spell changes.
RIP BLASPHEMY.

I thought minimal investment in AoE would see a benefit, and it would have a more diminishing return upon further investment.

Here's just 4 points investment: Leadership (30% old, 50% new), and one Aura Effect Radius (12% old, 20% new).

Even if we throw Hex Master's 40% (another 3 points investment) on top, for 110% new increased radius, AND use a Level 22 curse, AND use a level 20 Increaesed AoE gem, it still doesn't come close to the old radius, or even break 40 units away...

"
..so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

lol, more like, any AoE character's "full potential" is now impossible to reach.
Last edited by luckyshin on Feb 28, 2017, 12:01:36 AM
THANK YOU GGG! AoE Meta was destroying the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info