2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

If it was working for it before, it will work now as well.
I'm absolutely disgusted by these AoE changes, honestly
I started the league with a cycloner as usual and took the new swords passives and slotted the warlord's reach jewel just to see what it'd be like with disfavour weapon range and my cyclone area with no area-modifying gems socketed is the same, if not slightly less, than what I had before with CONCENTRATED EFFECT SLOTTED. SERIOUSLY
So at 69% increased AoE Cyclone, I can hit stuff that's about my sword's visual length (using oro's) away from me. Reave is unplayable, cleave is worse than it already was, EQ and Ice Crash are both aboard the dookietrain, all nova-like skills are essentially bricked (atleast if self-cast) and the list goes on. This is forcing people away from the melee playstyle, which isn't exactly the strongest in the first place, and also aoe spells to a large extent. The only accomplishment from the changes is that a bunch more people will be playing projectile builds, and that's it. I've been playing this game since 2012, and this is honestly the only time I've been legitimately pissed about a nerf. This wasn't called for or neccessary in any way.
"
Unicornflakes wrote:
...I've been legitimately pissed about a nerf. This wasn't called for or neccessary in any way.

More AoE at full level/stacks, even if less initially for some skills. And people rant about that. *rolls eyes*

It's just making Increased AoE gem less worthwhile, so slot more DPS support gems instead.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Mar 6, 2017, 12:44:50 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

More AoE at full level/stacks

Yea slightly more AoE for the crappy melee skills no one uses and dire nerfs for the ones that actually do half-decent DPS
And there's blade flurry? What the hell?
Im playing hearld of bomber, does that affect me interm of the herald of ice explosion aoe ?

Glad if someone can answer this question (:

Thanks.
Yes, people are complaining HoI area got severely reduced, to a point of it not being able to chain reliably with dedicated builds.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
AoE nerf was overkill
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Melee is already worse than range and now you nerf all of them witha 40-50% reduction to aoe. Thanks. As a player who has been cycloning for years, I get more and more disappointed in the changes GGG has been making. Each patch makes me want to quit more and more because my favorite skill continues to get worse and worse and forgotten in skill rebalances as new skills are released that are simply superior. Why do you insist on destroying the one skill I love.

If you are going to nerf cyclone, you need to buff it elsewhere. Not only is its damage sub par, but you have a movement speed penalty, and a aoe radius essentially only 2-4 weapon range further than your weapon of choice, with passives and aoe nodes, and the aoe skill gem, and ascendancy aoe included.

You have literally ruined all my characters. i can't even enjoy the legacy league and am essentially being forced to play projectile based builds or totem builds to counter these aoe nerfs.

I am very disappointed.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
AoE nerf is a small step in the right direction. You've nearly won me back, GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info