Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"
visage wrote:
Lol all the people complaining about the vaal disc nerf

ONOES I don't have 30k es anymore

Also the regen on it is what the majority of people use it for..

THis is a damage nerf to pure RF ES users as well, not only is it a loss of life but a very large chunk of damage that we nolonger can use, puts RF back on the backburner again till we get more changes that benifiet it... sigh =(
For only the second time in the entire history of this game none of the nerfs hit me (I must be doing it wrong) Now if they would just buff split arrow back to its former amount of arrows then it would a good patch.

No really GGG please buff split arrow you know it makes sense.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Nice changes. But is this really another league without incinerate? Will you leave it to rot much longer? Because i am missing it!
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

MEH. Next league, I still abuse the fuck out of double dipping damage ( hi mathil) until they decide to nerf it to the ground in 3.0.

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Wild Strike now converts 100% of physical damage to a random element.

Finally, WS will be meta.
I'm not even kidding.

This.
"
horusray wrote:
"
"
jplimab wrote:
9 out of 10 boyz crying about BF or Vaal Disc nerfs...
I think GGG is hitting the righ spot. :)

Wonder how it will be when 2.6 patch notes finally come.

I'm more surprised about the praise GGG is receiving for nerfing things. The nerf to BF or Vaal Disc for example, doesn't affect your play experience in the slightest if you're not using it. So why would you be excited? Just the typical "love to see people angry mentality"? Are you that simple?

Many of my past builds were significantly nerf'd - EB/MoM Arc, Aura Dagger ST, CoC, CoC Volley Fire, CoE LL Wander, Incinerate, Voltaxic. I got over the disappointment momentarily thinking it's time to try new builds. Meta rotation is a thing. Deal with it.

Sure, and all of us sane people will continue to roll with the changes like we have for years. My point was more towards the people that act as if these nerfs benefit them in some way, aside from just seeing other people "cry". For example, One guy up above actually said he was going to buy more supporter packs because they nerfed Blade Flurry. Aside from being a troll post, I can't see any logic behind it. Maybe I'm too old to get it. I grew out of that "I'm jealous of the guys that are having more fun than I am so punish them" way of thinking after elementary school.
By the way, the BF nerf was awaited, but i'm not sure it will solve anything. The trouble is not BF itself, the trouble is that we can play a 13 k ES char that combines physical damages while using an abyssus and also deal tons of poison damages. Many other skills are overpowered in this situation (reave is a good example, can replace easily BF).

Also take into consideration that BF is not the strongest skill of the game. What about Blade vortex for example ? So OP and nothing done about this skill...

About buffs for unused skills, u can buff them to hell, the problem is the skill itself and its mecanics. Ice crash is just useless as it is, whatever is the dps. Same for Frost blades or wild strike : cleaning areas with such skills is a pain. Ice shot was not so bad when we were able to convert it in 100% fire damages ahahah let me laugh.

Finaly, i'm disapointed :
- farm league incoming, no challenge
- legacy items will allow very powerfull builds but what to do with ???
- balances changes not exceptional, waiting for the new tree to say more
Last edited by Gryzorrr on Feb 22, 2017, 10:07:58 PM
Dear GGG,

As someone who's loved playing a crit KB staffer (back when Hegemony's Era actually had a use), I am really anxious to the staff improvements you spoke of.
However, I really hope that it's not solely the increase to block chance, which while useful (assuming I read things correctly and it brings Hege's implicit to 18% chance to block for a whooping 24% total) I feel is not enough to bring staves back in the spotlight.

Might I suggest a slight change to the Blunt Instrument cluster, so that it gives Stun Threshold or Stun Duration rather than increased Armour?

Otherwise things look quite good.
Vaal Haste has had this coming for a long time,I don't think GGG intended for people to run it with 100% uptime when they created it.

For Vaal Discipline, I will say this, why the heck do people think they need the added ES anyway? You can clear this game's content just fine with barely 8k ES, so why do you feel you need 15k or 20k+? This is an ARPG and a complex one at that. If you want ez pz grind with absolutely no threat to your char dying in HC, go play D3, you'll do the PoE community as a whole a service.

We all knew Blade Flurry was going to take a hit and I for one am loving the way it was done. It doesn't kill the skill at all, it's just no longer so far ahead of all other melee skills as far as end-game builds are concerned.

For me the biggest change that was announced is the Thick Skin cluster revamp.
It used to be completely ignored by most players because it was just bad. Why? Because as far as optimizing passive points expenditure goes, most builds take the outer path either because of the Lethality cluster, or the Arrow Dancing/Point Black keystones. If you're going to pick any of these it's just more effective taking the outer path, and thus you would skip this life cluster. But now, assuming none of the actual values were changed, taking the inside path finally becomes viable for life-based chars because you have whooping 14% inc max hp (and chance to avoid ele status ailments but who cares about that really) available there for just allocating 2 passives.

Last but not least, Blood Drinker being changed to Attack Damage rather than Physical Attack Damage is going to make it easier on them Howa and ele wander builds, and is probably one of the most requested changes, ever since GGG introduced the revamped duelist leech cluster.
is this a snippit teaser or is this the entire balance changes coming in 2.6?
Is it possible to make Life Great Again? Tired with making C.I. builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info