Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

Sounds pretty good overall. I am already excited for the league.

I hope you publish all the details in the patch notes and put them out quite soon so that we can start theory crafting our next builds. I hope to at least the new passive tree soon.

On a different note, the announcement on the AoE changes is rather vague. I would love to see some precise numbers. Are all numerical increases multiplied by 2.5? Does that apply to Increased Area of Effect Support and Concentrated Effect Support as well? etc.
"
Hendo104 wrote:
So help out CI builds with leech in the Shadow area and not address Life builds at all??

This is getting sad. Go look at the Ranger Builds forum. 80% of ranger builds are Howa, Blade Flurry and mostly CI. There are only a few bow builds even capable of end game right now and this is balanced?
Why are we not addressing life builds at all GGG? They are so much weaker then CI right now its not even close. I would say in Breach maybe (and this is a GIFT), maybe 10% of the top hundred builds on the ladder were life. More like 5% to be honest.

Its like GGG is afraid to rock the boat and stop the money coming in.

And for everyone who wants to point out "They are going to address it in 3.0", 1. You don't know that. They have not stated anything def yet. 2. Its been like this for a year or more and they have had plenty of time to do it.

well they stated that the only reason HoWA was not being nerfed in this patch was because double dipping wasnt being nerfed until 3.0 and it was one of the few non double dip options that could do as much damage, so they were putting the nerf back until 3.0. They also said they didnt know exactly how they planned to nerf it because the exact details of how they were going to nerf es and vp were not final, and these things effect the power of HoWA.

So yeah, they pretty much did say that theyre nerfing HoWA, ES and VP in 3.0.
"
jplimab wrote:
"
ProdigyToby wrote:
"
visage wrote:
Lol all the people complaining about the vaal disc nerf

ONOES I don't have 30k es anymore

Also the regen on it is what the majority of people use it for..

Right. Which is why its stupid they nerfed THE WRONG THING. This honestly concerns me alot, its like the dev team doesn't even play Path of Exile. Nerfing blade flurry instead of poison double dipping? Nerfing the flat ES on vaal disc instead of the overarching problem of how insane leech is right now? Its not the flat ES that makes facetanking shaper a thing, its leech, don't they realize something so simple?

Also nerfing elemental conversion items or gems is straight STUPID. Its ALREADY inneffecient to convert your damage by any means because you're giving up that gear slot or ring or whatever to get that conversion, THEN you can start building your character around whatever damage your converting to and its not even a 100% conversion most of the time. So essentially people trying to make fun builds using conversion are going to struggle alot more than they already are, meanwhile other builds require half as much investment to do the same damage but better. Wat.

Dude, I think that you didn't read the part about why GGG is changing conversion... They want to skills to maintain their core aspects (mechanically or visual speaking).

Everyone use pyre if they want to play a Cold spell based build. But why? Stacking double-dipping damage to ignite. So well, nice, now my Frostbolt/Vortex will now deal most or only fire damage just to get that ignite double-dipping.

I don't know about you guys but part of the reason I love PoE so much is because of how creative you can be with the builds. I think that separates it from the other ARPGs (You know which one im talking about.) that also have this design philosophy of "these skills should be flexible, but overall they should maintain a certain look or function.". This kind of game design is, quite frankly, dumb. We shouldn't be restricted on being creative with our builds. Do we want our cold damage to do fire instead? Cool, let us keep that. The argument is that its too strong because of once again, double dipping (why they nerfed blade flurry), which is a game mechanic and not an item that needs to be changed. Its not an issue of these items like Pyre being too strong or even that the skills "identity" is compromised (What does that even mean, whispering ice still LOOKS like whispering ice even when its doing fire damage) and to begin with the "identity" of skills shouldn't take precedence over having more options to create different builds and be creative in this game, thats the design of that other game (once again you know what game im talking about).
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
LMAO!! All these tears. Do you crybabies realize that almost all of these changes have been REQUESTED by the community for a while now?

AoE nerfs, Blade Flurry nerf, ES nerfs (more of those will come in 3.0), crit nerfs - all of these mechanics have been an issue that's been raised not just by GGG, but by players themselves on the forums and on Reddit. A lot of us aren't too happy with the screen-wide, speed-clear fest that PoE has become of late.

None - and I mean none - of these changes look like they've made any skill un-viable aka unable to handle endgame content. Rather it just makes them slower as they can't kill everything within 2 screen of your character in 1 click anymore (well, that's the hope, anyway). You can still clear maps just like before - you just (hopefully) can't pretend you're playing "Gone in 60 seconds".

Meanwhile, we have people complaining about there being no life buffs and, of course, the perennial complaint about 1-shot. First off, 1-shot is intentional. If nothing in the game can kill you before you can heal back up, then this game really has become a faceroll. They'll never remove the potential for 1-shot (except, of course, for those who stack enough ES to overcome that aka CI aka just wait till 3.0).

As for life buffs, it's already been understood that a larger life v/s ES rebalance is scheduled for 3.0. Whether that will significantly buff life or just significantly nerf ES, I don't know. But you've been given 1 more league to enjoy the CI meta. If you don't like that, then wait a few months. Or play a life build, I have - and in the current CI-meta league too. Deliberately chose not to play any AoE skills as well - Scorching Ray and Frost Blades, for those interested. They're perfectly viable. And yes, including against Shaper - you can find enough vids online for proof.

Besides all this, the Threshold jewel changes promise to make things more interesting. And contrary to that one guy, I've played a Volley Fire build - it's fine even if they limit it to just 2. Rolling Flames...well, that's another story, but they didn't say every Threshold jewel would have a hard cap. Indeed, the Viper Strike one looks pretty nice, actually.

All in all, I'm actually rather happy with these changes. And more changes will always come. For those complaining that GGG still hasn't finished balancing their game, I'm sorry but they'll never finish. Regardless of whether you think the current game balance is good or not, it'll never be "over". This game is intended to be continually shifting and evolving. So I'm afraid you're never going to have the comforting surety of safely having mastered the game for all time. It's much like how the real world operates in that sense, actually - nothing is ever going to be 'as safe as houses' (including houses - see GFC 2008). Get used to it. Get gud!

P.S.: Or maybe you can master the game for all time. This guy has, after all - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920 But you'll never do so by just following whatever the current meta is. There's a lesson for life in that as well. Peace!

This guy gets it! For you crybabies out there, here's an useful tool for you:

"In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive" - Jordan Peterson(2018)

IGN:TheSnowofWinterFell
Last edited by horusray on Feb 22, 2017, 8:58:18 PM
"
Xenombra wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
Xenombra wrote:
For Pyre to be completely nurf it need to go down near 40% or if it still higher then 50% you can still get 100% Ice to fire with Avatar of fire

Or the Cold to Fire Support gem.

They should have made a new gem call Fire to lightning and lets people choose the element they want to play

It won't happen,see this

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1561489/page/1#p12564255
"
jplimab wrote:
9 out of 10 boyz crying about BF or Vaal Disc nerfs...
I think GGG is hitting the righ spot. :)

Wonder how it will be when 2.6 patch notes finally come.

I'm more surprised about the praise GGG is receiving for nerfing things. The nerf to BF or Vaal Disc for example, doesn't affect your play experience in the slightest if you're not using it. So why would you be excited? Just the typical "love to see people angry mentality"? Are you that simple?

"
horusray wrote:
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
LMAO!! All these tears. Do you crybabies realize that almost all of these changes have been REQUESTED by the community for a while now?

AoE nerfs, Blade Flurry nerf, ES nerfs (more of those will come in 3.0), crit nerfs - all of these mechanics have been an issue that's been raised not just by GGG, but by players themselves on the forums and on Reddit. A lot of us aren't too happy with the screen-wide, speed-clear fest that PoE has become of late.

None - and I mean none - of these changes look like they've made any skill un-viable aka unable to handle endgame content. Rather it just makes them slower as they can't kill everything within 2 screen of your character in 1 click anymore (well, that's the hope, anyway). You can still clear maps just like before - you just (hopefully) can't pretend you're playing "Gone in 60 seconds".

Meanwhile, we have people complaining about there being no life buffs and, of course, the perennial complaint about 1-shot. First off, 1-shot is intentional. If nothing in the game can kill you before you can heal back up, then this game really has become a faceroll. They'll never remove the potential for 1-shot (except, of course, for those who stack enough ES to overcome that aka CI aka just wait till 3.0).

As for life buffs, it's already been understood that a larger life v/s ES rebalance is scheduled for 3.0. Whether that will significantly buff life or just significantly nerf ES, I don't know. But you've been given 1 more league to enjoy the CI meta. If you don't like that, then wait a few months. Or play a life build, I have - and in the current CI-meta league too. Deliberately chose not to play any AoE skills as well - Scorching Ray and Frost Blades, for those interested. They're perfectly viable. And yes, including against Shaper - you can find enough vids online for proof.

Besides all this, the Threshold jewel changes promise to make things more interesting. And contrary to that one guy, I've played a Volley Fire build - it's fine even if they limit it to just 2. Rolling Flames...well, that's another story, but they didn't say every Threshold jewel would have a hard cap. Indeed, the Viper Strike one looks pretty nice, actually.

All in all, I'm actually rather happy with these changes. And more changes will always come. For those complaining that GGG still hasn't finished balancing their game, I'm sorry but they'll never finish. Regardless of whether you think the current game balance is good or not, it'll never be "over". This game is intended to be continually shifting and evolving. So I'm afraid you're never going to have the comforting surety of safely having mastered the game for all time. It's much like how the real world operates in that sense, actually - nothing is ever going to be 'as safe as houses' (including houses - see GFC 2008). Get used to it. Get gud!

P.S.: Or maybe you can master the game for all time. This guy has, after all - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920 But you'll never do so by just following whatever the current meta is. There's a lesson for life in that as well. Peace!

This guy gets it! For you crybabies out there, here's an useful tool for you:

Spoiler

Careful guy, you might cut someone on your edge.
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee
Last edited by EtherBunny66 on Feb 22, 2017, 8:56:28 PM
First
"
"
jplimab wrote:
9 out of 10 boyz crying about BF or Vaal Disc nerfs...
I think GGG is hitting the righ spot. :)

Wonder how it will be when 2.6 patch notes finally come.

I'm more surprised about the praise GGG is receiving for nerfing things. The nerf to BF or Vaal Disc for example, doesn't affect your play experience in the slightest if you're not using it. So why would you be excited? Just the typical "love to see people angry mentality"? Are you that simple?

Its the same idiots who like using crap unique items like The Goddess, to 'self nerf' themselfs. People love crap builds that will never see end game content.

But hey, as long as the other people doing better then them get nerfed then good, fuck the people I will never play with!

though you never know, maybe one day they will get into a build they love and some random streamer will pick it up, then bam, instant nerf.

Its the cycle, can your build do *End game content? *Fun to play? *Expensive?.. yes? enjoy your nerf shitface. (if not now, its only a matter of time)
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee
Last edited by EtherBunny66 on Feb 22, 2017, 9:03:41 PM
I think i'll buy another supporter pack just because of the nerf to Blade Flurry. It's about goddamned time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info