Exp Loss in 3.0?

"
osesek wrote:
I hate the XP loss penalty. I know, that it's supposed to make you be more careful and think twice, instead of facerolling. To make the content feel more challenging. But does it really?
I can still faceroll the game, if only I stick to the safe maps with safe mods (which most players do, if they want progress). There's no challenge in that, just boring safety.

But once I level up and the death penalty is temporary gone - that's where the fun begins. I can do all those ridiculous high level maps with reflect, no leech and double bosses with 350% crit chance. That's the real challenge, not the boring safe and slow farming.
But then i get to 30%-40% level progress, I don't want to lose it, so I have to go back the boring safe grind again.

It seems you understand the safety first part but have you tried team work, with the help of others you can do a much bigger variety of maps
I dont see any any key!
Remove xp loss. Open one or two portal for each map and respawn enemies in instances (no new drops until reset). Remove xp gain if die more than 3 times in 24 hours. I have more ideas to kill the evil and ugly xp loss, if needed.

Justice is served.
"
osesek wrote:
I hate the XP loss penalty. I know, that it's supposed to make you be more careful and think twice, instead of facerolling. To make the content feel more challenging. But does it really?
I can still faceroll the game, if only I stick to the safe maps with safe mods (which most players do, if they want progress). There's no challenge in that, just boring safety.

But once I level up and the death penalty is temporary gone - that's where the fun begins. I can do all those ridiculous high level maps with reflect, no leech and double bosses with 350% crit chance. That's the real challenge, not the boring safe and slow farming.
But then i get to 30%-40% level progress, I don't want to lose it, so I have to go back the boring safe grind again.

I think this artificial affect on play behavior is the single best argument against XP loss. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
rofl, people still whining about this...
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info