Exp Loss in 3.0?

So if we're switching over to just one playthrough for all 10 acts, what's the EXP loss on death going to look like? Is it going to scale with acts, or with level, or some new mechanic?
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2017, 3:49:53 AM
"
Crayonsnacha wrote:
So if we're switching over to just one playthrough for all 10 acts, what's the EXP loss on death going to look like? Is it going to scale with acts, or with level, or some new mechanic?

Likely coincides with :event: that causes -30 resistances.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Crayonsnacha wrote:

Likely coincides with :event: that causes -30 resistances.

that would be my guess. I know they won't take away the xp penalty altogether and it would turn people away from the game if it's there from the start, like it used to be from what I've heard.
Path of Exile is STILL one of the most hardcore, time-greedy, soul-crushingly unfair games on the pc today. - CharanJaydemyr
Imo exp loss on death is the most stupid mechanic I've ever seen, especially when you play caster/ranger and get one-shotted with your own damage offscreen due to reflect, or even due to desync or lag when it comes to partying with players using massive AoE builds (like Ice Nova for example).

And don't bring me the cheap excuse of '' ye but we hardcore players lose our char on death '', because when you play hardcore you know the risks. Not to mention you can still get back your character in standard, so it's not technically '' lost ''.

I just hope they remove it completely in 3.0, that would be a good change to the game. If not, exp loss on death should normalized according to your level and the amount of time required to get back to where you were instead of a flat 10%. Because you see, 10% loss/death when you're 85+ can mean a day+ of grinding to get back what you lost. Only for a single death.

I get the point this game is supposed to be challenging, but there's a major difference between challenge and punishment.

Cheers
Last edited by PledgeOfDeath on Jun 18, 2017, 1:33:26 AM
"
PledgeOfDeath wrote:
Imo exp loss on death is the most stupid mechanic I've ever seen, especially when you play caster/ranger and get one-shotted with your own damage offscreen due to reflect, or even due to desync or lag when it comes to partying with players using massive AoE builds (like Ice Nova for example).

And don't bring me the cheap excuse of '' ye but we hardcore players lose our char on death '', because when you play hardcore you know the risks. Not to mention you can still get back your character in standard, so it's not technically '' lost ''.

I just hope they remove it completely in 3.0, that would be a good change to the game. If not, exp loss on death should normalized according to your level and the amount of time required to get back to where you were instead of a flat 10%. Because you see, 10% loss/death when you're 85+ can mean a day+ of grinding to get back what you lost. Only for a single death.

I get the point this game is supposed to be challenging, but there's a major difference between challenge and punishment.

Cheers

Good change for whom exactly?

And no,you don't get it,that's why you posting this.

What would prevent you from playing recklessly?Or dying to boss multiple time?Or leveling to 100 without reprocaution?Or more deviously,bot to 100?

If you had no fear as a sentiment,you could walk into cars while walking on street.Wouldn't end well.Why fearing nothing in this game would make it better again?That's right,your feelings doesn't natter,also ain't an argument
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Jun 18, 2017, 1:50:07 AM
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
PledgeOfDeath wrote:

Cheers

What would prevent you from playing recklessly?Or dying to boss multiple time?Or leveling to 100 without reprocaution?Or more deviously,bot to 100?

If you had no fear as a sentiment,you could walk into cars while walking on street.Wouldn't end well.Why fearing nothing in this game would make it better again?That's right,your feelings doesn't natter,also ain't an argument

What you just said shows clearly you didn't get the point I'm bringing here. And since you illustrated your mind with a real life situation '' If you had no fear as a sentiment,you could walk into cars while walking on street.Wouldn't end well.'', let me illustrate mine now. Do you lose the experience you acquired after being fired from/quit a job ? To me it's the same shit.

Don't get me wrong, the exp loss on death doesn't make me hate the game, otherwise I wouldn't even bother coming here arguing and commenting. I just think it's the most stupid mechanic I've seen, and tbh, it's the kind of mechanic that repulsed a lot of players over time. Because it's not everybody that wants to see their exp go down the drain.
Last edited by PledgeOfDeath on Jun 18, 2017, 2:11:15 AM
I don't understand people wanting it removed completly it becomes a virtual cheat mode.It would cheapen the gameplay,I really think I would soon stop playing if it were like that,not purposely I think I would naturally just lose interest.People would get lazy with builds and mess up party play.Diablo 2 was terrible at times where the whole party would end up dying due to shoddy builds as it wasn't as punishing as POE when you could retrieve corpse and get some XP back.
"
PledgeOfDeath wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
PledgeOfDeath wrote:

Cheers

What you just said shows clearly you didn't get the point I'm bringing here. And since you illustrated your mind with a real life situation '' If you had no fear as a sentiment,you could walk into cars while walking on street.Wouldn't end well.'', let me illustrate mine now. Do you lose the experience you acquired after being fired from/quit a job ? To me it's the same shit.

Don't get me wrong, the exp loss on death doesn't make me hate the game, otherwise I wouldn't even bother coming here arguing and commenting. I just think it's the most stupid mechanic I've seen, and tbh, it's the kind of mechanic that repulsed a lot of players over time. Because it's not everybody that wants to see their exp go down the drain.

Your real life argument pales,because you know if we use levels on some works.We have level 2 tech supports and 3.We have not 2.15% and 2.97 ones,do we?

You say its the most stupid mechanic and then you dont provide any argument why it should not exist.Why,make proper argument
Bye bye desync!
"
PledgeOfDeath wrote:

If it really does take you that long to make back a death at 85 then it doesn't matter if the penalty is there or not, either way hell is gonna freeze over before you make it to 100.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
I haven't seen anything posted by GGG on the xp lost on death for FoO. GGG will probably do something stupid like acts 1 though 3 = 0% xp lost on death, 4 through 6 = 5% xp lost on death, and 7 through 10 = 10% xp lost on death. A more elegant and better way would be % xp lost on death = act level so act 1 = 1% xp lost up to act 10 for 10% xp lost on death.

As far as getting one-shot or die due to off-screen reflect that is a different but major problem and many threads asking GGG to completely remove reflect have been posted. I hate reflect damage and want it gone too as it's just stupid what with the lag we have to put up with and the fact there are many one-shot death trap bosses already. I've run a few low level maps with reflect mod on a level 90 tank build and even then it's scary shit so I now always re-roll when I see that mod come up. I will always hate the random odd champion encountered in the wild that has rolled reflect. If you hit it while off-screen before you actually see it and can read it's stats you can and usually do get blindsided one-shot. That is a very stupid damage mechanic that GGG should have eliminated years ago. It has never been fun.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info