Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

@TheGrammaton:
So the game is over for you (which translates to: You won´t play anymore. Right?), because after the howa nerf it is going to be harder for you to kill shaper? So you only enjoy a game, if you are able to clear the hardest content, even though you admit to be a casual player? People are weird...
I´m a casual player as well (playing since closed beta). I´ve never killed shaper nor atziri, but still enjoy the game a lot.
Last edited by TheManWhoLaughs on Feb 13, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
What i think, that will be in 2.6.0
Last edited by Tomikxx on Feb 13, 2017, 12:32:07 PM
People coMplain about life percentages being to low and having to run KaoM's to get a safe level of health with the Multiple 1-shot Mechanics in this gaMe and the 2000% difficulty increase leap for tier 16 bosses coMpared to the other tiers.

Instead they Make unique claws that scale off intelligence. They realize they are really good weapons and they can't have build enabling iteMs in this gaMe for More than one league! NERF HAMMER.

Oh no, We've just realized after Many leagues of ES being broken that its broken, lets "nerf" it in 3.0.0!

Life? what is life? I TOLD YOU TO FOCUS ON NERFING ENERGY SHIELD YOU MINIMUM WAGE BALANCE WORKER! GET TO WORK!

While you're at it Make another "Melee" skill that covers 90% of the screen and has a 300% More Multiplier on all daMage, and another end-gaMe boss that is iMMune to everything but fishing rod builds.
Last edited by SinisterMinister on Feb 13, 2017, 1:05:33 PM
"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

You just have no mind.

"Maximum life* becomes 1
+135% of chaos resistance
(it's grants cap of 75% for all difficulties)
Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield"

That's a better option than what he suggested(which was just retarded). However I really don't think the iMMunity to chaos is the probleM with CI. its the ES More Multiplier node. If they reduced that a bit or just Made those nodes 15%, 15%, 30% increased Energy Shield instead that COULD work. I'd also enjoy all the crybaby tears that would follow that nerf, would be beautiful.

Indeed, making CI take a bit chaos damage would not make a difference. The main problem with CI, is the great synergy with Vaal pact and leech.

I think CI was not initially design with the ability to instant recover all your ES in mind. It was supposed to be a defense that allowed you to take many hits and survive, then take a few steps back and recharge. However this never really worked this way and especially now with the current meta, now CI is just a better version of Life.

They need to re-design defenses in general. Defenses are supposed to help you servive in packs mostly, not trivialise bosses.
Last edited by phmn on Feb 13, 2017, 12:53:43 PM
Adding breach to regular game would be a terrible move. Breach highlights your broken balance and need to all-aoe-all-the-time more than any mechanic thus far. Want to play static strike or glacial cascade and you're screwed and thats a low AOE skills. Heavy strike more than fucked.

Breach pigeon holes us into aoe clear meta to not die. Worse than maps even which is just about clear speed benefits which you can opt in or out of.

You cant opt out all-aoe-all-the-time in breaches because you will be overwhelmed and die with low aoe/non aoe.

Anyone praising it just liked all the free shit nothing interesting about it. I get that but maybe I want to play many play styles than all-aoe-all-the-time?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 13, 2017, 12:58:02 PM
"
phmn wrote:
"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

You just have no mind.

"Maximum life* becomes 1
+135% of chaos resistance
(it's grants cap of 75% for all difficulties)
Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield"

That's a better option than what he suggested(which was just retarded). However I really don't think the iMMunity to chaos is the probleM with CI. its the ES More Multiplier node. If they reduced that a bit or just Made those nodes 15%, 15%, 30% increased Energy Shield instead that COULD work. I'd also enjoy all the crybaby tears that would follow that nerf, would be beautiful.

Indeed, making CI take a bit chaos damage would not make a difference. The main problem with CI, is the great synergy with Vaal pact and leech.

I think CI was not initially design with the ability to instant recover all your ES in mind. It was supposed to be a defense that allowed you to take many hits and survive, then take a few steps back and recharge. However this never really worked this way and especially now with the current meta, now CI is just a better version of Life.

They need to re-design defenses in general. Defenses are supposed to help you servive in packs mostly, not trivialise bosses.

I wrote over that message Cx

Good idea though. Also GGG always has something that is breaking their game. I played back when you could snapshot items and get a full buff bar across your screen, just to name one of the many.

Also true the fact that you can take Vaal Pact with almost no downside as CI is dumb. Oh I can't regen ES? I can still recharge though! which I probally won't need because I can just facetank everything while leeching.
Last edited by SinisterMinister on Feb 13, 2017, 1:00:51 PM
imagine you have skill as strong as heavy strike and skill as strong as blade flurry (or earthquake) in one game ... oh wait.
ggg's development team is delivering non stop, but the balance part is just not here imo

for example, in LOD you could go zealot and it was god awful to level and no aoe, but instead you could kill single targets like an arpg god.
Instead we have 1 skill which is best at everything, and any other skill is basically much worse, at everything. Yes, you are still not forced to play the game for max dps, but the deviation between some skills is just WAAAAY off
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Last edited by HQuality on Feb 13, 2017, 1:59:23 PM
"

Also true the fact that you can take Vaal Pact with almost no downside as CI is dumb. Oh I can't regen ES? I can still recharge though! which I probally won't need because I can just facetank everything while leeching.

Maybe if they changed VP so that you can't regen or recharge it would make things more interesting. Rather than nerf the leech they could make it so that leech is the only way to restore your ES aside from porting back to town. No more safe disengaging. Then VP is a trade off as it is with life, as all your +ES recharge nodes are useless.
"
DisoRDeR418 wrote:
"

Maybe if they changed VP so that you can't regen or recharge it would make things more interesting. Rather than nerf the leech they could make it so that leech is the only way to restore your ES aside from porting back to town. No more safe disengaging. Then VP is a trade off as it is with life, as all your +ES recharge nodes are useless.

this isnt a downside worth talking about. for the content that needs recharge you just use 1 regret and spec out of VP (lab is the prime example of such content) and then spec again

in pretty much all other situations you just port to town or leech back to full. when watching people facetank everything with ES/VP - have you ever noticed they use recharge? does it really matter at all?
I haven't done high-level content with VP/ES, so I was curious what others might think. It does add some risk, but maybe not enough to feel balanced. It would mess with ES in the lab too, so yeah -- spec in, spec out. Not a great idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info