Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

I dont get it guys!

IF you plan to nerf HOWA Builds then just do it straight away ( cause it has to be done! ), and dont think nerfing / changing ES mechanics resolves those issues. If you just nerf ES, then HOWA Builds still remain in the top tier of ES Builds, whats the hole point of it then? The Meta Builds wouldnd be effected at all by this. All those builds would remain the same, just with a bit lower ES as nowadays.

HOWA was a great opportunity for new players to reach endgame with 10c weapons. Everybody could afford that, and that is good!! Dont get me wrong, but then it shouldnt be a top tier mapping build. It should be decent, and you just have to adjust those weapons a bit.

And if we think about it that way, most ES builds use phys / poison / bleed / crit mechanics. That double dipping will be nerfed in 3.0.0, so HOWA builds will again be top notch.
I just dont get it, nerf Howa and adjust ES / double dipping to get in line with the current life based builds, so everybody will be happy.
saya indonesia, tambahkan saya
I hope whatever you're doing is good because I went back to try out Diablo 3 and I'm hooked. A lot of stuff GGG can now learn from what that team is doing to make Diablo great again that I'd love see more of in PoE. I'm not going to get in to the differences here (smart loot, SSF, amazing/rewarding crafting system between mystic and Kanai cube, etc.) but just sayin :)
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
What I got out of this:

2.6 is a flashback league.

The devs haven't decided how Breach will be implemented into the game.

You might say: They confirmed that it will be implemented!

Well, everything apart from Talisman was, in one way or another, so: no surprise there.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Last edited by Ravenstrider on Feb 13, 2017, 8:38:41 AM
Loved to encounter breaches everywhere. I vote to keep it that way :)
RIP X-Bone FPS
IGN: QSTNMRK
"
Qarl wrote:
This leaves us the questions of how should it be available. Randomly in the world, or only from Maps? From Zana? As a sextant mod? By some other means? How common should it be?

Breaches make sense in maps, in the dream world. They'd need to be explained by Zana.

They don't really have much meaning regular progression unless you want to tie the breaches into tears caused by the cataclysm. In that case they'd be more common the closer we get to the Highgate Mines and the point at which Malachai used the Rapture Device to enter the Beast. But this needs to be explained through additional dialog. I hope GGG doesn't try to wedge breaches into normal Act progression without any sort of lore to go along with it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ES Nerfed = Uninstall Path Of Exile
Goodbye GGG
if you're going to screw with ES and Vaal Pact (SIGNIFICANTLY) THEN YOU DAMNED WELL BETTER BUFF LIFE. unless you PLAN on making rangers and shadows glass cannons from here on out..........but that would really suck....

sure I play HoWA build on my lvl 93 ranger in breach league - - and all my gear has to be basically perfect to be just at 10k ES ---- thats with NO PHYS DAMAGE REDUCTION and not even max res.......... I just started to be able to do chayula breaches before the timer runs out thanks to my culling strike howa, and now you want to change everything already saying its too strong????? ive got about a dozen other builds that are FAR TOO STRONG in mind... srs definitely being one of them with the new uniques.... where are those nerfs?????? huh???? where are they?????????? 15k ES 500% minion damage +2 all gems skin of the loyal's.... where are the nerfs for that one alone?????????
Yup, well done!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info