Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

"
Qarl wrote:

One of the big successes of the Breach league was the new uniques that were introduced. These were designed for impact on gameplay and on build choices. There were some definite hits in the Breach unique line up. We won't be doing strong changes on the balance of these uniques, but will focus most rebalance efforts on older league-specific uniques.

Quoted part cracks me up. 'Impact on gameplay and build choices' my ass. I tried to get Xoph's Heart myself on my solo self-found character--a unique from arguably most common breach realm. I collected 8 breachstones so I thought I have a good chance getting it. How wrong I could be? I stopped at 34 breaches, of which I bought 22 (4 more collected during that time on other characters). I just bought it from another player.

Thanks but no thanks GGG. If you "balance" breaches the same way you did with essences, you completely waste that feature. It will be so infrequent that noone would be able to even remotely rely on it to achieve something. Essences were neutered into useless feature only good for trade as noone in their sane mind would use it for crafting when you get so few essences and only in maps. Mind you essences was one of great ways to speed up leveling but I guess GGG missed that feature when implementing those only in maps.

No big hopes for breaches to be part of the game.
breach was the worst league for me till now and i really woulnt like to see it in the core game. while i know my comp sucks, i had to skip most of the breaches simply couse of poor performance in them. could do guardians and shaper, couldnt do breaches couse of lag. in my opinion, first fix the performance issues that comes with breaches, then add em. my comp is still not that bad to not be able to run poe at least half smooth, used to play poe on my previous comp in a party of 3 ppl like nothing. my opinion
I have enough of a challenge doing CI as it is and now they're talking about nerfing it? WTF? Life is basically impossible in comparison for me so I think it is life that should be buffed. If you guys learned anything from the happenings of D3 you should know immediately that buffing is the solution, not the nerf bat.
"Height, hell, time, haste, terror, tension!"
GGG pussified.
"
fesru wrote:
So you are looking to make ES terrible rather than making life better? Nice, maybe we will get oneshotted by volatiles as CI also in 3.0.

2.6: You get one shot, he gets one shot, everybody gets one shot.

Honestly, I would have been happier if instead of nerfs they would put some life into this game, or game into life.

Nerfing builds just going to send more people into meta instead of spread out the players among many end game viable builds, exactly the opposite of what should happen to the game.
what the FUCK is wrong with you only increasing the boss spawn CHANCES after the league where one challenge was to SPAWN THE DAMN BOSSES AND IT NEVER EVER HAPPENED BECAUSE THE CHANCES WERE TOO SMALL!!!

but sure, now that the challenge is over, let's increase boss chances, sure. FAIL

honestly, that's another of these ggg posts where there isn't a single line that isn't lies, misdirection and bullshit. "the breach uniques were a big success of the league" NO, THEY DIDN'T DROP! I got 3 breach uniques and around 10 regular ass uniques from breaches. what is wrong with that picture!?! if I get a unique from a breach, it should be a breach unique for fuck's sake, not some garbage I could (and do) get anywhere else!!! I collected 8 tabs full of uniques this league, and of these around 1% (!) were breach uniques. so riddle me how the fuck breach uniques were a success if they didn't drop ffs!!!

and the "oh but we haven't decided yet" "news" post policy is getting tiresome. either actually deliver NEWS or can it. oh, they already know what they are gonna nerf though in the future. LOL.

but I can kinda predict the next league now: it will actually indeed be called "Legacy", and it will have "things" that spawn previous league features (maybe for putting currency in the slot machine). that means it will be just another rehash (but again, this isn't news) as they stall for 3.0, where they actually will have to implement some new idea (cause only slapping together a few areas and calling it act 5 (like it was the case with the shitty act 4) certainly isn't gonna cut it...)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Feb 13, 2017, 4:46:10 AM
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
"
Breach has been a very successful league. It had a great launch, and continued with high player engagement.

+1 remove shrines (silly idea), add breaches randomly into maps, not through zanas mods or other mods. (zanas mods are too expensive other kinds of mods are too random for this fun)
nice
"considering a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action"

In every league is at last one "Hand of Wisdom and Action" what you put and see it is soo imba and then u left that item to end of league as it is, instead fix that shit ASAP like most other companies will do, soft balancing in league will be more appropriate then non bran nerf after that what in many cases here is so rigorous that make that item/skill inapplicable.
You rlly need to change that routine and make balancing ASAP in game you broke in so many ways and that gap is bigger and bigger from league to league, now days we from 100 skills have only few applicable for true end game.
IMO any skills need to be applicable with good setup to kill any end game boss that will mean game is balanced and then u can have also some PVP action, atm PVP as well as versatility does not exist in this game.

"We are also still working out our plans for Energy Shield and related mechanics (and Keystones)."
That is wrong approach ES is decent atm now make life builds some better, dont need ES nerfs atm.

Also make damn AH or something, make some good quality of life improvement, because trading in this game is pain in ass, I would like to play game not to waste my time on try to trade.
So if you already support it trough premium tabs, give us a way to be automatic, like we put price and currency goes in that tab or your currency tab. AH slots will be better way so can be done while we are offline like in most games, so we log and play instead waste this little free time to trade with AFK/DND/ETC.
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Please do not nerf ES, not everyone plays meta builds!

Just buff life, and nerf(or disable) vaal pact when used with ES.

Agree, especially the bolded part

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info