[2.6]~DEAD IN 3.0~Aegis NecroTank CWC Bladefall | Farm Guardians while watching Netflix

Impact of 3.0
This build is dead. There is no way around the ES and Doubledipping nerfs without massive, fundamental changes to the build's skills and tree, and at that point I would consider it a separate build. The best possible option for this build I could come up with was SR but we still lose about 2k ES even with top end gear. If I come up with anything that works as well as this build did I will create a successor guide.

Spoiler
Summary This build takes advantage of Skin of the Loyal to gain large boosts to %increased Evasion and Energy Shield along side a guaranteed 6L and +1 to all gems for high DPS (For an Aegis Build). By taking the Necromancer passive Mistress of Sacrifice the build becomes block capped with minimal passive investment into block chance freeing up points for damage, ES, and Eva nodes.

"
Pros:
Simple Gameplay
Good Clearspeed
Incredible Survivability
Guardian killer
Can run no leech no regen maps
Above average PVP viability

Cons:
3Ex Startup cost minimum
Vulnerable to degen damage (Ignite/bleed)
Could be considered slow/boring by some.
Could not kill Shaper due to aforementioned degeneration vulnerability

Videos
Spoiler

Clearing out Oba's Treasure room(Normal Aegis) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtpQ9p0iHgc
Deathless lazy Chimera Clear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHneUW1Ymk
Hanging out with Abaxoth https://youtu.be/CkkWcWs9oE0

Core Defensive Mechanics
Spoiler
The Skin of the Loyal grants 100% increased Evasion and Energy shield so sources of base Eva, Armor and ES become far more effective. Iron Reflexes grants large boosts to our Armour rating with minimal investment or having to stray into the Marauder or Templar trees for armour. This makes it ideal for use with the Aegis Aurora

By taking the Necromancer Ascendancy for Mistress of Sacrifice we can cap our block chance by using CWDT Bone Offering, despite minimal block investment on the tree. This allows for greater investment into Eva/ES nodes or Damage nodes.

Core Damage Mechanics
Spoiler
Shameless abuse of Poison double dipping with The Scourge Claw
With the massive boosts to minion damage provided by Necromancer and what passives we take on the tree, Scourge gives us a 210% Increased Damage. Because this damage is generic it will double-dip on the initial hit of our spell and then again to the poison inflicted. The passive tree also takes a number of Chaos nodes which will also double-dip into poison damage.

2.6 Changes
"
There have been some changes made to this build for 2.6 but all of the core mechanics and the basic tree concept remain the same. Single target has been improved greatly by using Blade Vortex in the place of Bladefall for boss killing when needed. Switched to full ES items and some auras to allow for increases to both ES and Armour without sacrificing damage in any noticeable way.

Updated 2.6 Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/bg6s Updated to current version thanks to input from francorocco23. Net loss of 3%dps including travel and gain of 600ES + 2000 Armour. Now up to 8.3k/33k ES/Armour.

Kill all Bandits

2.6 Legacy League Early League Items
"

Glove sockets different from recommended due to PVP experimenting.

2.6 Current Gear
Spoiler

By switching to Death's Door and the Vaal Regalia I have gained Bleed Immunity and 1000 ES and lost about 6000 armour rating. Because I have a legacy Aegis the loss isn't too impactful but with a standard Aegis the loss would be a fair bit more noticeable.

My next goals for this character is to pick up some better rings with %ES now that I no longer have the 100% Global from SotL.

Gear Indepth
Spoiler
"
Chest Low Budget Option: Skin of the Loyal. Not cheap but provides a significant amount of armour that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise. Having a built in 6L and +1 to all gems is also very beneficial. Because of how much armour this chest provides I would use it over a regalia if Legacy Aegis were not an option.

High Budget: 6L Vaal Regalia. You will lose a significant chunk of your armour so going to this would really only be worth doing if you have a Legacy Aegis at your disposal.

Shield Aegis Aurora is one of our core uniques and can not be substituted under any circumstances except with a Relic Aegis Aurora. I have done all of the guardians and maps with the standard Aegis before I got my Relic version so while it is significantly better to have the relic version the build still works without. You just need to be more aware and use your flasks more liberally.

Helmet The Vertex has some of the highest ES/Eva Hybrid amounts available and also grants +1 to our auras which is amazing because of how much %Increased defenses we have. The +1 alone gives me an additional 600ES and 900Armour.

Amulet The Anvil with a Minion Damage or +Spell Block corruption. This when combined with Reckless Defense Jewels and Bone Offering will provide a minimum of 78/71 Block/Spell Block with spell block being increased by a corruption or rare jewels. Alternately Stone of Lahzwar can be used if you are uncomfortable with the increased chance to be crit from Reckless Defense. You would need to invest some amount into block on the tree if you do but can remove the %Spell block nodes from the witch.

Gloves/Belt After some tinkering in standard I have come to the conclusion that using pure ES gear with high values is far more effective than going for hybrid gear. We lose out on about 3000 armour but stand to gain somewhere in the range of 400-600 ES depending on your gear which is more significant for survival as far as I can tell. Shoot for High ES and resists. Movespeed on boots is always worth getting.

Boots
Low Budget: High ES Sorcerer's boots with Movespeed. High Flat ES is important when using Skin of the Loyal. Res and stats are also an option.

High Budget: Death's Door. Not essential, some 250 ES boots would also be a great option if you pay attention and avoid death to bleeding. Death's Door would only really worth grabbing if you are switching to a Vaal Regalia to make up for the lost ES and armour

Rings I dropped Valyrium for an Elreon Moonstone ring and the chance to ignore stuns while casting witch nodes. I have never been in a situation where getting stunlocked has killed me and shield charge will generally allow me to escape if need be. Your other ring is still looking for high Flat ES, resists, missing stats and %ES

Flasks You can use Witchfire Brew or Sin's Rebirth depending on what you have available to you. Sin's Rebirth will result in far higher damage but Witchfire frees up your CoH Tempest shield for either a cwdt setup or defensive curse in vulnerabilities place for general mapping. Witchfire will overwrite CoH so you can keep an enfeeble or Temp Chains for defense until you are safe/ready to do higher DPS.

Atziri's Promise is like a second Sin's Rebirth, strong flask in general and can allow you to use Ghost reaver if you choose to pick it up.

Granite, Jade flasks with whatever suffixes you need for the situation. I map with a Heat and Staunching flask for general clearing but may switch to flasks of Reflexes and Iron Skin for guardians like Minotaur or Phoenix. Staunching is very important for mapping because this build has no other defense against it besides having something hit you as you take the DOT.

Your 5th Flask is up to you. Quicksilver, Basalt, Elemenatal all work. Don't use Silver flasks, they won't affect your Bladefall cast rate at all.

JewelsReckless Defense x2 if using anvil, otherwise all rare. I don't currently have Energy from Within as it is prohibitively expensive compared to it's impact on total ES this league but if you have one available using it with melding is a good option. If you do not have an enlighten 3 you will need to use Conqueror's Efficiency for the reduced %mana reservation. You will have 0 Mana otherwise.
Jewels Rare Jewels have a wide range of possible mods but some are better than others.

In order of importance:
%Max ES
Minion Damage (DoubleDips)
Area Damage (DoubleDips)
Damage (DoubleDips)
Chaos Damage (Partial Doubledip)
Damage over Time
Spell Damage(With Shield)
Physical Damage
Resists(If missing any)
Armour/Eva
Stats(If missing any)

Gems Summary
"
Chest:
Wither - Cast While Channeling - Bladefall - Poison - Added Chaos - Concentrated Effect
Helmet:
Grace - Discipline - Enlighten - Determination(lvl 10-13)
Gloves:
Flesh Offering - Bone Offering - Increased Duration - Reduced Mana
Boots:
Tempest Shield - Culling Strike - Curse on Hit - Vulnerability/Enfeeble/Temporal Chains (Your preference)
Weapon:
CWDT (Level 16) - Desecrate (Level 18) - Bone Offering (Level 18)
Shield
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify
Offhand/Inventory
Blade Vortex - Void Manipulation

Gems Indepth
Spoiler

Wither - CWC
"
Casts Bladefall very quickly for no mana cost, saving both cast speed and mana regeneration/leech passives. After significant testing both in Path of Building and in game I believe that my current setup is the most widely applicable and easiest to modify. Conc effect is not particularly noticeable on Bladefall, Added Chaos has the most to gain from the +1 to all gems SotL provides and poison is mandatory.

For Single target against far stronger targets you would switch out Bladefall for Blade Vortex and against Chimera use Void Manipulation instead of Poison. When using Blade Vortex Controlled Destruction might be a higher damage link than Added Chaos due to BV's miserable damage effectiveness. I still need to test but the difference doesn't feel too drastic. Added Chaos still is superior when using Bladefall however.

Auras
"
Grace/Discipline/DeterminationThis build has a very large amount of %increased to both evasion and ES so every bit of flat Eva or ES is important. Putting these into The Vertex for the +1 grants an additional 600ES and 900Armour. Determination bumps our Armour rating up by 10k before flasks. Leveling Determination to the point of needing excess strength on gear or the tree is not worth the 3-4k gain from the additional levels.

Utility
"
Flesh Offering for moving around quick when possible, Bone Offering for ensuring uptime when entering a dangerous situation and reduced mana cost because we have a grand total of 3-4% unreserved mana.

CWDT
"
Bone Offering - Desecrate When combined with Reckless Defense Bone offering will cap our defense with only 3 points invested into spell block to bring that up to 78/75 with anvil. Combined with desecrate you will always have a supply of corpses.
Tempest Shield Selfcasting Tempest shield isn't as annoying as I had originally thought as the Passive tree extends the duration of the skill to 24 seconds. Cull is a massive QoL bonus for Guardian fights and the Curse on hit will generally be affecting anything that doesn't die immediately from the first cast. You can choose your favourite flavour of curse depending on your situation. I generally run Vuln for the damage but if you don't have a legacy Aegis Enfeeble is another option.

PVP (WIP)

DO: Carry a Ruby flask of Warding and other flask of dousing. This will allow you to take on and Facetank Golemancers.
Use Avenger's Flasks. They will refill fairly quickly.
Use a Staunching flask. Degen hurts bad in PVP as there is no good recovery method besides getting hit.

AVOID: Picking fights with CI Pure Scorching Ray builds. SR CWC Fire/Icestorm builds are fine so long as you keep yourself under the storm. I am working on figuring out a good CI killing setup for the colours I have on this build.

This build is near immune to most attack/spell builds that do not do single massive slams/hits or apply heavy bleeds/ignites. Builds that do fall under that category can generally be tanked with active flasks + proper movement. Bladefall can oneshot most life builds and does enough damage to eventually whitle away at CI builds. Working on a solution to fighting against CI. Builds that have block pen can kill you if they do high burst damage. Only solution I've found is to have legacy aegis with flasks so that 1 block fills my entire ES pool and kill them first. You are in serious trouble if that person is CI and also applies a degen.

2.5 Gear Summary
Spoiler

2.5 Stats and Tree
Spoiler

"
Character Stats
No Flasks

With Flasks

Based on the Path of building application this build will be doing approximately 200k DPS including the poison and 10 wither stacks assuming the mob is alive long enough to have the poison build up enough.

Direct Links

Tree (Level 91) : http://poeurl.com/2HG

Last edited by DanEagle on Aug 12, 2017, 11:45:24 AM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 1:30:28 AM
Bandits

Kill-Kill-Kill
Last edited by DanEagle on Feb 14, 2017, 11:29:47 AM
This is impressive! Nice work, However i'm fairly certain that if Iron Reflexes does double dip on SoTL then its not intentional and is a pretty big bug:

single increases such as Global Defenses are not supposed to apply twice to a single value for example
given 2000 evasion as a start,
100% increased evasion would give you 4000 total armour
100% increased armour and evasion would give you 4000 total armour
100% increased armour + 100% increased evasion as 2 seperate mods would give you 6000 total armour
and 100% increased global defenses should put your total at 4000.

I recommend you double check the numbers to make sure that this is in fact double dipping before someone follows your guide and wonders why this isnt happening for them.

even if it doesn't double dip though this build is pretty solid and I would love to try it out at some point :)
"
codraziel wrote:
This is impressive! Nice work, However i'm fairly certain that if Iron Reflexes does double dip on SoTL then its not intentional and is a pretty big bug:

I went back over my math and looked at my build in Path of Building and it would appear that you are absolutely correct that IR doesn't double-dip Global defenses.

My mistake occurred because I misinterpreted the Path of Building stats for %Increased total Evasion and Armour Multiplier. In the program Eva sources were being subjected to a 4.33 Multiplier while my %Increased evasion was at 333% so I believed that the difference was from the 100% armour from SotL. I realize now that a 100% increase is the equivalent of a x2 multiplier but didn't recognize that at the time.

I have edited my post removing all reference to a double-dip in IR and included a disclaimer regarding the application of Global Defenses. Fortunately the build will operate in the same way regardless as I already have it built and tested. It simply means that it isn't some unknown interaction and operates as would be expected.
"
DanEagle wrote:
"
codraziel wrote:

I went back over my math and looked at my build in Path of Building and it would appear that you are absolutely correct that IR doesn't double-dip Global defenses.

My mistake occurred because I misinterpreted the Path of Building stats for %Increased total Evasion and Armour Multiplier. In the program Eva sources were being subjected to a 4.33 Multiplier while my %Increased evasion was at 333% so I believed that the difference was from the 100% armour from SotL. I realize now that a 100% increase is the equivalent of a x2 multiplier but didn't recognize that at the time.

I have edited my post removing all reference to a double-dip in IR and included a disclaimer regarding the application of Global Defenses. Fortunately the build will operate in the same way regardless as I already have it built and tested. It simply means that it isn't some unknown interaction and operates as would be expected.

clearly it works either way! I just wish I had the time to try it out still this league, heres hoping they make SOTL at least somewhat available next league.
How about the bandits reward ?
"
Vuducdung wrote:
How about the bandits reward ?

Kill - Kill - Kill

The bandits offer nothing of use to this build except maybe an endurance/frenzy but even then I think the skill point is a better option.
This build has a high potencial. Now the tree has changed and you can conect to Vitality Void, you also could make a leech build with it if you sacrifice some poits to put in another nodes!
Hi, your current char tree is not the same that one on guide, can u explain differences plz?

Btw great guide man
"
Spagueti wrote:
Hi, your current char tree is not the same that one on guide, can u explain differences plz?

Btw great guide man

As of right now I have made some alterations to the build, adding Determination and The Anvil and 2 Reckless Defense Cobalt Jewels instead of Stone of Lazhwar. I have also moved from using Hybrid ES/Eva boots/gloves to pure ES with Determination still boosting the armour rating of the build to 30-35k before flasks. To run Grace-Discipline-Determination I had to grab the aura reservation nodes between the shadow and ranger.

I have not yet updated the guide because I am still not quite happy with the gear of the character in Legacy. The only other major improvement is that I am using Blade Vortex over Bladefall for killing Guardians and other tough targets. Hydra is the one possible exception, with movespeed mods on the map she can be hard to keep up with using BV.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info