[3.2] 5 Flavors of Golems - Uber Elder and EVERY boss dead

Is culling strike support gem really working with summon ice/lightning golem and item rarity/quantity?

I'm asking that because when i put my cursor in top of the Culling Strike gem, the other gems doesn't light up nor the sockets, plus culling strike states "supports any skills that hits" and so far, golems (or any kind of minion) doesn't "hit". A clare example of "no hit" is Elemental Equilibrium which golems doesn't trigger.

Another example where gems and links "light up" is arc (out of the totem link just for testing purposes). If you put the mouse pointer in top of arc, you'll see how culling strike+quantity/rarity will all light up (socket and links).
"
With 3 curses in Heretic or 2 curses + Discipline in non-Heretic, how do you get enough mana to cast flame golem? I think I am missing something

Also, do you need to re-cast the golems even they don't die?

If they die I turn off 2 curses and recast the Flame Golems. I'm running 3 curses + Discipline

Last edited by Prisonx on Aug 29, 2017, 2:59:43 AM
Hi there :).

So, I followed your guide to swich my Auramancer SRS in Harbinger SC, I wanted to change (my build was realy playable, able to do all content solo and appreciated in party (8 auras). So, I decided to use you guide to make my own golem build and I mixed a low life pentagolem support. The result seems realy efficient (actualy done the 4 guardians with one hand (1 death on Minautor)) and I will try Shapper and U-Atziry tonighg.

By the way, I imported your build (Elementalist Hexagolem) in Path of Building to compare with mine (and to be sure I was not doing bullshits), I'm maybe missing something but it seems that my build is realy doing the job.

some screenshot of your build in PoB (only on Immolate, but the rate between your build and my build are the same for the other golem spells) :

And mine :

I'm only running 3 fires golem (instead of 4 for you) cause I have a shield and I chose a Stone Golem instead of your Ice Golem (I think he's more usefull with his taunt + life regen, + still procing the Primordial harmony bonus). So I wear a Shav to play low life and support my golem with Haste, Grace, Anger, Vitality, Discipline + duo-curse (Enfeeble + Vulnerabilty), having nice dodge chance, some block chance due to the shield and a decent ES pool (~7500 atm).

I think my profile is free to see if you want to take a look, just remember that I tried to use the stuff I had from my old build so there are tons of things to be improved :).

Thank for your guide anyway, it was usefull to me to get the mechanics and try some things by myself :).

Edit : Notice that I did this rapidly, after check I realised that you had a 5 link, I added a fire pen to your setup and with it you're sit on 13k dps for immolate, instead of 9.6k. I'm actualy using ele focus instead of fire pen cause I had this gem 20/20 in my old build, don't know if it change something for the Shaper of desolation bonus.
Last edited by Nekikool on Aug 29, 2017, 10:26:17 AM
"
Nekikool wrote:
Hi there :).

Spoiler

So, I followed your guide to swich my Auramancer SRS in Harbinger SC, I wanted to change (my build was realy playable, able to do all content solo and appreciated in party (8 auras). So, I decided to use you guide to make my own golem build and I mixed a low life pentagolem support. The result seems realy efficient (actualy done the 4 guardians with one hand (1 death on Minautor)) and I will try Shapper and U-Atziry tonighg.

By the way, I imported your build (Elementalist Hexagolem) in Path of Building to compare with mine (and to be sure I was not doing bullshits), I'm maybe missing something but it seems that my build is realy doing the job.

some screenshot of your build in PoB (only on Immolate, but the rate between your build and my build are the same for the other golem spells) :

And mine :

I'm only running 3 fires golem (instead of 4 for you) cause I have a shield and I chose a Stone Golem instead of your Ice Golem (I think he's more usefull with his taunt + life regen, + still procing the Primordial harmony bonus). So I wear a Shav to play low life and support my golem with Haste, Grace, Anger, Vitality, Discipline + duo-curse (Enfeeble + Vulnerabilty), having nice dodge chance, some block chance due to the shield and a decent ES pool (~7500 atm).

I think my profile is free to see if you want to take a look, just remember that I tried to use the stuff I had from my old build so there are tons of things to be improved :).

Thank for your guide anyway, it was usefull to me to get the mechanics and try some things by myself :).

1) Your profile is not public so I cannot actually see your character. Mind that I am only using a 5-link on my golemancer in this league
2) You're running with flammability whereas I am running double defensive curse. It's no wonder you'll get higher tooltip damage
3) Look at my previous golemancers with actually leveled and quality gems - for example Moloch. Wearing pretty much full MF gear and the sameish dps PER golem as your build while using defensive curses. Means 4 golems at 19k dps is better than 3 at 19k

You can go lowlife with shield and such all you want, but as far as I know the math hasn't changed and doing 6 golems is strictly better than 5
I just edited my post while you type your, so I noticed it.

I'm not there to do a competition, just to share what I did and the result I aimed : a friendly support, able to clear end-game AND able to be usefull in party with some auras. I'll take a look about your char later :).

PS : I made my profil "public".

Edit : So I imported your Moloch item build and gem setup + tree from Hexalune (cause you tree is reset on your standard char), your golem got 14.3k dps. I did the same on my char (my first screenshots was from theory, I did a real import of my char for this time) and the tooltips for immolate is now 22.3k. It seems that you realy want to do the math so 14.3*4=57.2k and 22.3k*3=66.9k (cause I'm running ele weakness), I got the benefit of 13k evasion rating, 22% block, shield charge, 56% movespeed and a decent ES pull + I'm sharing Vitality, Anger, Haste, Grace, Discipline with all my party.

For real, you should take a look on it, I'm prety sure with some improve we can do a better build than your or mine :).
Last edited by Nekikool on Aug 29, 2017, 11:29:30 AM
Heres mine with current gear and gems.
Dont think the jewels have been edited to what I have on.

https://pastebin.com/KXZjVU3K

So far I have done
Shaper
Gaurdians
Uber Atziri
Last edited by Prisonx on Aug 30, 2017, 10:00:39 AM
"
aluminio wrote:
Is culling strike support gem really working with summon ice/lightning golem and item rarity/quantity?

I'm asking that because when i put my cursor in top of the Culling Strike gem, the other gems doesn't light up nor the sockets, plus culling strike states "supports any skills that hits" and so far, golems (or any kind of minion) doesn't "hit". A clare example of "no hit" is Elemental Equilibrium which golems doesn't trigger.

Another example where gems and links "light up" is arc (out of the totem link just for testing purposes). If you put the mouse pointer in top of arc, you'll see how culling strike+quantity/rarity will all light up (socket and links).

No answer for this?
"
aluminio wrote:
"
aluminio wrote:

No answer for this?

mine works

mouse over golems icon - says minions have culling strike and rarity
Last edited by Prisonx on Aug 30, 2017, 2:05:54 PM
"
Prisonx wrote:
"
aluminio wrote:
"
aluminio wrote:

No answer for this?

mine works

mouse over golems icon - says minions have culling strike and rarity

Correct sir. Thx for the info.
"
aluminio wrote:
"
aluminio wrote:
No answer for this?

I'm actually running with (Lightning golem)-(Ice golem)-(Cullung Strike)-(Item quantity). Culling strike appears to work well against bosses. With normal mobs, blues and rares, fire golem damage is so high that Culling doesn't matter, honestly.

IMHO, it's a nice addition, if you can equip it.
Last edited by Evander1992 on Aug 30, 2017, 4:16:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info