[3.2] 5 Flavors of Golems - Uber Elder and EVERY boss dead

"
tomatopotato wrote:

Hmm... setting Frenzies aside for a moment, your tree looks like it might have too much Mana? 2984 Mana ÷ 30% MoM is enough to cover a Life pool of ~9950 in the event of a one-shot, but your tree shows 6758. Was your intent to have enough Mana buffer in case something burst you down to low health and you slammed 4 or so insta-heal flasks just in time? If not, you can probably get away with a fewer mana nodes and grab 1-2 nearby Jewel slots.

To quote the wiki "For mana to not run out before life the unreserved mana should be at least 43% of unreserved life, granted that 30% of damage is taken from mana before life". I checked with the EHP calculator to keep mana below the threshold but it depends on what gear is found as more life on gear increases that total and more mana on gear would let me cut mana nodes without losing EHP.

There is also 'wasted' resistance and a +30 dex nodes in the tree could be cut with more selective gear but I generally aim conservative at first and then flesh out based on what I get during play and how much I enjoy the build. There is 2 easy 3-pointer sockets that would be easy to pick up on getting good gear to bring the total up to 11 sockets

It is one advantage that Life/mom has over hybrid, life and mana flasks are effective panic buttons while hybrid only has utility flasks

"
tomatopotato wrote:

Shav's and Presence are just for HC security. For SC, you could use a rare equipment in pretty much every slot and actually come out with more EHP than the Shav's/Presence version (12K+ w/ 10 sockets). Pretty sure that would be cheaper than Kaom's, regardless of league. And with that many slots filled with rare equipment, there would be very little (price) pressure in terms of filling resists past Ele Weakness overcap.

Swapping presence into a rare seems too stun vulnerable for my taste. I wouldn't want to swap shavs either as it makes simple things like desecrated ground such a pain. Shavs does get cheap faster then many items now since ES is less meta at the moment

Kaoms is the default easy option but with how much elemental damage is around loreweave might be better. Cloak of defiance isn't bad with the mom setup either. There is some options
Last edited by WaffleT on May 3, 2018, 12:25:40 PM
"
WaffleT wrote:
To quote the wiki "For mana to not run out before life the unreserved mana should be at least 43% of unreserved life, granted that 30% of damage is taken from mana before life". I checked with the EHP calculator to keep mana below the threshold but it depends on what gear is found as more life on gear increases that total and more mana on gear would let me cut mana nodes without losing EHP.

Hmm, I didn't know that :o I wonder why that is.

"
It is one advantage that Life/mom has over hybrid, life and mana flasks are effective panic buttons while hybrid only has utility flasks

Ehh, I'd say that's true if we're talking Life vs. CI, but Hybrid can have a serviceable Life pool as well. Even with Presence cutting out a large chunk of my Life pool, I'm still running around with 4K-ish. I lug around a life flask too, but it basically goes unused except for its utility effect because of the high ES pool on top of it. Outside of the numbers, both Hybrid and CI provide really high contrast visual cues for when your health pool is going up/down.

"
Swapping presence into a rare seems too stun vulnerable for my taste. I wouldn't want to swap shavs either as it makes simple things like desecrated ground such a pain. Shavs does get cheap faster then many items now since ES is less meta at the moment

Yeah, I prefer stun immunity too. But if we're trying to make a more apples to apples comparison, I believe this build recommends a rare ammy + Brine King Pantheon as well. Definitely agree that desecrated ground is a pain, but that's more of an outlier/inconvenience than a survivability issue.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
tomatopotato wrote:

Hmm, I didn't know that :o I wonder why that is.

It made me do several double takes as well when I first used mind over matter. I find its easier to visualize why its not just 30% of total life when you consider a 50% mom effect. So half of the damage you are taking goes to mana so a 10k hit takes off 5k life and 5k mana so in the case of a 50% mom you need 100% of life as mana (them to be the same size)

Path of exile has taught me so much math crunching numbers on things like resistances scaling or calculating complicated damage variables.

"
tomatopotato wrote:

Yeah, I prefer stun immunity too. But if we're trying to make a more apples to apples comparison, I believe this build recommends a rare ammy + Brine King Pantheon as well

I've found stun annoying at 4k life but not really around 7k. Perhaps I will decide to invest more into life to make it feel less stun vulnerable, especially if I do choose a different chest. Oh well things to consider, thank you for your perspective on these things
"
WaffleT wrote:
Oh well things to consider, thank you for your perspective on these things

Thank you as well. I learned something new about MoM :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Regarding the - [Necromancer] League starter flame golemancer, eventually progressing to CI (no budget at start)

the end game build link doesnt work to me.
can you please fix it ?

Moreover can you please mention the golem Gem links please on that build also?

thank you very nice job
Last edited by Rico2210 on May 7, 2018, 10:02:30 AM
"
Rico2210 wrote:
Regarding the - [Necromancer] League starter flame golemancer, eventually progressing to CI (no budget at start)

can you please fix it ?

thank you very nice job

Hi, I would go with the 3.2 elementalist build if you want to play my golemancer. The necro one is still very outdated and I haven't tried it out in a long time, so I can't vouch for how good/bad it is
"
allana wrote:
"
Rico2210 wrote:

can you please fix it ?

thank you very nice job

Hi, I would go with the 3.2 elementalist build if you want to play my golemancer. The necro one is still very outdated and I haven't tried it out in a long time, so I can't vouch for how good/bad it is

Hi! thank you for answering... I am wondering what build you are referrig...
7 golem with Life
6 golem with CI

for the first one i din't find you gear and gem set-up / links..

can you please clarify for me?
"
Rico2210 wrote:
"
allana wrote:
"
Rico2210 wrote:

can you please fix it ?

thank you very nice job

Hi! thank you for answering... I am wondering what build you are referrig...
7 golem with Life
6 golem with CI

for the first one i din't find you gear and gem set-up / links..

can you please clarify for me?

7 golem with life. At top there is a red text "3.2 ready build". I would go for this one myself
"
allana wrote:

7 golem with life. At top there is a red text "3.2 ready build". I would go for this one myself

OK i see it thank you.. still please can I kindly ask for gear (& jewels) and the gems links you are aiming to?

"
Rico2210 wrote:
"
allana wrote:

OK i see it thank you.. still please can I kindly ask for gear (& jewels) and the gems links you are aiming to?

check my profile for the character 'Adelysa', it is my current iteration of the build with gear etc. I use it to kill uber elder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info