[3.2] 5 Flavors of Golems - Uber Elder and EVERY boss dead

Have you experimented at all with only running 1 clayshaper + a shield.
I'm finding my character is a little bit fragile currently and was considering a shield as an option to beef up my es pool until I can afford higher es boots/hubris
Last edited by akeldema1 on Mar 18, 2017, 2:03:24 AM
"
akeldema1 wrote:
Have you experimented at all with only running 1 clayshaper + a shield.
I'm finding my character is a little bit fragile currently and was considering a shield as an option to beef up my es pool until I can afford higher es boots/hubris

I never did as elementalist but I've done so as necromancer, yes. Both as CI and lowlife.

The elementalist was suppose to be the high budget character after all
if you were going to do it with the elementalist would you drop 1 fire golem, or keep the 4 and just go with 1 of the other elemental golems?
Hi! Thanks for nice build! Which jewel should I buy first - Primordial Might or The Anima Stone?
"
SeriyVol4ara wrote:
Hi! Thanks for nice build! Which jewel should I buy first - Primordial Might or The Anima Stone?

you use primordial might to create the anima stone. Dont buy a complete anima stone - they're usually more expensive than buying 1 of each (eminence, harmony, might sold to vendor = anima stone)

so the answer to your question would be the primo might. I would get as many golems rolling as soon as possible though!
Hello dear exiles,

After reading this guide I've recently made the switch from Zombie Summoner to Golemancer.

Since I already had some decent ES Gear (10k as zombie summoner) I've tried going with the HEXA Golem build. THe only thing I am missing is a 6 Link Body armor so for now I was rolling with Skin of the Royal.

Have a look at my character.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LukeHimself/

Today I was experimenting with Necrotic Aegis and Victario's Chariy, I think the damage is about the same eventhough I can just summon 3 Flame golems instead of four (+ice and +lightning).

I like the gameplay much better. My golems almost never die. If I die on a Boss or a hard essence boss, my golems will finish him off with me being dead. It's pretty cool.

But since I switched from a build that had some decent block chance to a dual-wielding (2 clayshapers) or now Aegis, I find myself dying alot more often. I suppose that's because of the playstyle (running around the enmies to curse them and drag the golems behind?) and the missing block-chance of my shield.

Am I doing something very wrong? (I realize a Chayulas Amulet is also going to help with shocks, I have it in my inventory, the one I am using is just for easier runs).
Is there some way to make this ES build more tanky?

Thanks for all your replies,
Fluffy
Correct me if i'm wrong, but damage per different type of golem is the only stat that matters on the harmonies, correct? I can discern no difference in golem cooldowns beyond like 3-4 harmonies. This is probably due to the way Spell Echo stretches the casts, if I were to guess why.

I could be wrong and it's just a matter of diminishing returns but it certainly doesn't seem like it
Last edited by Gutterflower on Mar 18, 2017, 4:57:30 PM
"
Correct me if i'm wrong, but damage per different type of golem is the only stat that matters on the harmonies, correct? I can discern no difference in golem cooldowns beyond like 3-4 harmonies. This is probably due to the way Spell Echo stretches the casts, if I were to guess why.

I could be wrong and it's just a matter of diminishing returns but it certainly doesn't seem like it

the damage is for sure the most important mod, try to get 20%ers

Honestly don't know how much the other stats affect the golems, don't think the wiki has the actual ability cooldowns and such
If i go for the Shaper build with just 2 curses. Which one would you pick?
Something I was wondering, with a 21/20 flame golem gem would it not be ideal to drop Controlled Destruction in favor of a level 4 Empower? That should be at least slightly more damage and hugely more HP for the golems.

"
Noctis_Tim wrote:
If i go for the Shaper build with just 2 curses. Which one would you pick?

probably ele weakness and flammability personally
Last edited by Gutterflower on Mar 18, 2017, 7:15:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info