[3.3 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide: Zombie Build "Umbrella Corp Apocalypse Build"

"
Paranoijaa wrote:
"
Sale93 wrote:
Hey Ghazzy got some more questions if you don't mind :)
1. How do you get 3 auras? i followed your build closely but don't have enough for 1 more (currently using clarity and hatred need haste)
2. Do you recommend using some new minion abyss jewels instead of the regular ones? I was thinking of some good ghastly eye jewels that give both minion dmg and life (and possibly some strenght or res dunno)
3. Is going 1000 str for baron leech bonus worth it? and if so any tips on getting that much str? I have 40 ish to 50 str on every rare piece plus the ones from your skill tree and still got 602.. :(
4. And lastly how much zombies should i have for optimal performance? I got 5 atm because montregul halved them. While i can still clear decently it somewhat feels not enough..

1.) You need Sovereinity (top left in skilltree) reducing the mana reserved for Auras and keep in mind that clarity is only lvl 1, reduced mana reserved.

2.) Skill all Jewels possible, take some of the new ones. I think they are good.

3.) Dont know but i cant do it in my build.

4.) I have 8 without Montegruls, feels good. Check my POB link above for deeper informations. I´m playing HC but should be similar for you.

Thank you Para! :)
@Sale93 these comments pretty much covers all your questions!

Regarding #4) 5-6 big ones is solid depending on gear of course, keep in mind you need +2 zombies to get 1 extra big one. Some prefer to run with smaller zombies other with Montegruls, I think Montegruls is nice with the extra AoE explosion for clearing.

Also: 1k strength was barely worth it before the VP nerf, and now it's even worse.

"
Paranoijaa wrote:
Hey,

I´m 86 and locking for a good 6L for this build. I´m playing with severed in sleep and my first thought was go go for a covenant cloak for the chaos damage and bloodmagic(not that important) any other good ideas?

Another question, what kind of abyss jewels do you guys play? I´m prefering "minions taunt chance" and "minions attack/movement speed" atm. I really like the taunt. Life ofc if possible. Would you take a second Violent Dead over a good abys jewel? I´m playing hardcore, that is the reason for the defensiv jewel choice.

Any other Ideas about my build/items so far (PathOfBuilding: https://pastebin.com/G0F2c1aL )

Hey,

Covenant is really nice tbh, Carcass jack would work with their slam but I'd rather take covenant.

Minion Movement speed should be on top of the priority list, after that for zombies it's increased dmg when you've used a minion skill recently (works on flesh offering).

Regarding Violent Dead vs Abyssal Jewels, honestly, I don't know which would be stronger. I would personally prefer to run 2x Violent Dead then grab Abyssals after that.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
Paranoijaa wrote:
"
Sale93 wrote:
Hey Ghazzy got some more questions if you don't mind :)
1. How do you get 3 auras? i followed your build closely but don't have enough for 1 more (currently using clarity and hatred need haste)
2. Do you recommend using some new minion abyss jewels instead of the regular ones? I was thinking of some good ghastly eye jewels that give both minion dmg and life (and possibly some strenght or res dunno)
3. Is going 1000 str for baron leech bonus worth it? and if so any tips on getting that much str? I have 40 ish to 50 str on every rare piece plus the ones from your skill tree and still got 602.. :(
4. And lastly how much zombies should i have for optimal performance? I got 5 atm because montregul halved them. While i can still clear decently it somewhat feels not enough..

1.) You need Sovereinity (top left in skilltree) reducing the mana reserved for Auras and keep in mind that clarity is only lvl 1, reduced mana reserved.

2.) Skill all Jewels possible, take some of the new ones. I think they are good.

3.) Dont know but i cant do it in my build.

4.) I have 8 without Montegruls, feels good. Check my POB link above for deeper informations. I´m playing HC but should be similar for you.

Thank you Para! :)
@Sale93 these comments pretty much covers all your questions!

Regarding #4) 5-6 big ones is solid depending on gear of course, keep in mind you need +2 zombies to get 1 extra big one. Some prefer to run with smaller zombies other with Montegruls, I think Montegruls is nice with the extra AoE explosion for clearing.

Also: 1k strength was barely worth it before the VP nerf, and now it's even worse.

"
Paranoijaa wrote:
Hey,

I´m 86 and locking for a good 6L for this build. I´m playing with severed in sleep and my first thought was go go for a covenant cloak for the chaos damage and bloodmagic(not that important) any other good ideas?

Another question, what kind of abyss jewels do you guys play? I´m prefering "minions taunt chance" and "minions attack/movement speed" atm. I really like the taunt. Life ofc if possible. Would you take a second Violent Dead over a good abys jewel? I´m playing hardcore, that is the reason for the defensiv jewel choice.

Any other Ideas about my build/items so far (PathOfBuilding: https://pastebin.com/G0F2c1aL )

Hey,

Covenant is really nice tbh, Carcass jack would work with their slam but I'd rather take covenant.

Minion Movement speed should be on top of the priority list, after that for zombies it's increased dmg when you've used a minion skill recently (works on flesh offering).

Regarding Violent Dead vs Abyssal Jewels, honestly, I don't know which would be stronger. I would personally prefer to run 2x Violent Dead then grab Abyssals after that.

Thanks guys :) will try to get one more zombie somehow but other than that its ok more or less.
Do so @Sale93 :)
Hey Ghazzy last pair of questions I swear :)

1. I followed your instructions to the letter but I still can't get haste and hatred to level up without running out of mana. Hatred is 13, haste is 3, and generosity is lvl20, only clarity is lvl 1 as it should be as far as I know. My mana is 956 atm should i invest more or have I missed sth..?
P.S I got Sovereinity of course..

2. I'm trying to figure out how to get +2 zombies for an extra big one, however, I took almost all +zombie passive on the tree except Grave intentions for which i need to invest 6 points to get to (imo not worth it dunno). As far as i know Catarina also has craftable mod for zombies but only +1 so i still would need grave intentions for +2. Any other methods to get +2 that I missed? I'm aiming for 6 big zombies...

3. And lastly should i get 20 quality raise zombie gem? I'm currently leveling it again but their dmg seems lackluster atm... prolly cos they are lvl 15 so it might improve dunno maybe i'm just imagining things...

Anyway Ghazzy sry for bothering you with questions often, hope its not a prob :)

Cheers mate!
Last edited by Sale93 on Jan 25, 2018, 7:34:07 AM
"
Sale93 wrote:
Hey Ghazzy last pair of questions I swear :)

1. I followed your instructions to the letter but I still can't get haste and hatred to level up without running out of mana. Hatred is 13, haste is 3, and generosity is lvl20, only clarity is lvl 1 as it should be as far as I know. My mana is 956 atm should i invest more or have I missed sth..?
P.S I got Sovereinity of course..

2. I'm trying to figure out how to get +2 zombies for an extra big one, however, I took almost all +zombie passive on the tree except Grave intentions for which i need to invest 6 points to get to (imo not worth it dunno). As far as i know Catarina also has craftable mod for zombies but only +1 so i still would need grave intentions for +2. Any other methods to get +2 that I missed? I'm aiming for 6 big zombies...

3. And lastly should i get 20 quality raise zombie gem? I'm currently leveling it again but their dmg seems lackluster atm... prolly cos they are lvl 15 so it might improve dunno maybe i'm just imagining things...

Anyway Ghazzy sry for bothering you with questions often, hope its not a prob :)

Cheers mate!

Hey,

Don't worry bro, always ask if you have questions!

1) By the looks of it there should be no problems using all auras? Lvling the gems up won't affect the ammount they reserve, it is a static number no matter the gem lvl! :)

2) The Baron Helmet grants you 1 extra zombie per 300 strength, so it's basically a balance between how much strength you can push out of your tree/gear :)

3) Never flip active skillgems that are minion based. Always quality them manually. Unlike many other builds minions relies heavily on their lvl as it increases their base dmg, hp & accuracy! But yes you'll want quality on them.

You never bother me questions, it's the oposite, I love what I do, so helping out is something I truly enjoy :)

Good luck!

Hi, on a tabula rasa 6L
wich is better added fire dmg or added chaos dmg??
zombies scale flat damage very poorly, added chaos was only a good choice in the poison meta and even then only if you had issues coloring your gear.

plus its effectiveness is level dependent where as you can get most out of added fire a few levels before 20

that being said there are enough gems in the game such that you should not need to use either
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
zombies scale flat damage very poorly, added chaos was only a good choice in the poison meta and even then only if you had issues coloring your gear.

plus its effectiveness is level dependent where as you can get most out of added fire a few levels before 20

that being said there are enough gems in the game such that you should not need to use either

^^

The guide does include 6L most efficient support gems as well :)
Hey Ghazzie I wanted to thank you for posting all of this in-depth information for us, and I also had a few quick questions for you. I've been playing arpgs on XB1 for some time now. Really loved torchlight but its lack of co-op was a major bummer for my friends and I. Van Helsing III was pretty mediocre but now that I've found PoE I really think we found an excellent and in-depth game that will last us for a long, long time.

I started my first witch the other day (total noob at PoE, but watched a few hours worth of videos on YT to understand the basics) and sort of just chose passives as I went along. I'm level 24 now (in the graveyard in Act II) with Summon Zombie, Summon Skeleton, SRS, Desecrate, Flesh offering, and a few passives like minion damage (although all my gear is 3 link) so I definitely like the summoner side of things. Usually I run into an area and cast Desecrate to send my zombies where I want, summon my skellies in the middle of the action, hit flesh offering to buff them, and then send in SRS that beat in enemies' faces until everything its dead. Its really fast and fun to kill things, and I have a freezing pulse spell in case things get too close to me as well as the teleport which leaves a flame trail if I am in danger. Some of the ice spells are really cool too but it seems like in this game (similar to Diablo 2) I should just focus on one aspect of things so should I save Ice spells for a new toon and focus on summoning (instead of mixing the two)? In other words, do I need to choose between Zombies, Skellies, SRS, and freezing pulse so that I am not screwed at higher levels with lots of spells that aren't too strong in favor of 1 or 2 super powerful ones?

My second question is regarding passives, and I think I totally F^%$^%$ them up. I start going down the 'right' side of the tree working my way towards Grave Intentions (more + better zombies), Nimbleness (faster moving & casting), and energy shield so I don't get 1-shotted etc. However when I looked at your guide (and a few other zombie summoning guides) they are all going towards the 'left' side of the tree and then down in the marauder area for life and then 'under' the witch tree for the Necromantic Aegis (if I remember correctly). I don't have nearly enough Orbs of Regret to start from scratch so do you think I should delete my character now and start over, following a guide from players that really know what they are doing? Just because I can kill things fast now, I am worried that I'm going to hit a wall eventually and will be stuck due to poor passive tree choices.

Sorry for the long rambling post. While I think it's fun to just play the game and learn as you go, I'd also be pretty salty if I put many many hours into a summoner only to learn that I made terrible passive tree choices at level 70 and be weak/useless, especially since you can't do a total respec in this game. Thanks for any tips or advice you guys could provide!
"
F10und3r wrote:
Hey Ghazzie I wanted to thank you for posting all of this in-depth information for us, and I also had a few quick questions for you. I've been playing arpgs on XB1 for some time now. Really loved torchlight but its lack of co-op was a major bummer for my friends and I. Van Helsing III was pretty mediocre but now that I've found PoE I really think we found an excellent and in-depth game that will last us for a long, long time.

I started my first witch the other day (total noob at PoE, but watched a few hours worth of videos on YT to understand the basics) and sort of just chose passives as I went along. I'm level 24 now (in the graveyard in Act II) with Summon Zombie, Summon Skeleton, SRS, Desecrate, Flesh offering, and a few passives like minion damage (although all my gear is 3 link) so I definitely like the summoner side of things. Usually I run into an area and cast Desecrate to send my zombies where I want, summon my skellies in the middle of the action, hit flesh offering to buff them, and then send in SRS that beat in enemies' faces until everything its dead. Its really fast and fun to kill things, and I have a freezing pulse spell in case things get too close to me as well as the teleport which leaves a flame trail if I am in danger. Some of the ice spells are really cool too but it seems like in this game (similar to Diablo 2) I should just focus on one aspect of things so should I save Ice spells for a new toon and focus on summoning (instead of mixing the two)? In other words, do I need to choose between Zombies, Skellies, SRS, and freezing pulse so that I am not screwed at higher levels with lots of spells that aren't too strong in favor of 1 or 2 super powerful ones?

My second question is regarding passives, and I think I totally F^%$^%$ them up. I start going down the 'right' side of the tree working my way towards Grave Intentions (more + better zombies), Nimbleness (faster moving & casting), and energy shield so I don't get 1-shotted etc. However when I looked at your guide (and a few other zombie summoning guides) they are all going towards the 'left' side of the tree and then down in the marauder area for life and then 'under' the witch tree for the Necromantic Aegis (if I remember correctly). I don't have nearly enough Orbs of Regret to start from scratch so do you think I should delete my character now and start over, following a guide from players that really know what they are doing? Just because I can kill things fast now, I am worried that I'm going to hit a wall eventually and will be stuck due to poor passive tree choices.

Sorry for the long rambling post. While I think it's fun to just play the game and learn as you go, I'd also be pretty salty if I put many many hours into a summoner only to learn that I made terrible passive tree choices at level 70 and be weak/useless, especially since you can't do a total respec in this game. Thanks for any tips or advice you guys could provide!

Hey,

My pleasure bro, I do what I can as always! :)

Mixing spell dmg with minion builds is generally not a good idea. This build as an example is using 1 lightning ability but only to apply Elemental Equilibrium & a curse or 2.

Considering the low lvl you're at, it would probably be wise to restart a new character. This build is heading to the left side due to the fact that it is life focused as well as utilizing strength via Baron which means left side is even more attractive due to the strength travel routes.
The other option is to continue playing some of the side quests gives respec points as well :)

This game is by far the most complex ARPG on the market afaik, some recommend players to learn as they go, I tend to tell people to follow a guide and have a few sources of information available, such as my stream/discord/in-game guild to help you get a good start of this heavy learning curved game!

I hope my answers are sufficient! ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info