[3.3 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide: Zombie Build "Umbrella Corp Apocalypse Build"

Nice build so far,

been using this as a league starter and just finished merc lab at lvl 69 without any problems.

Even with shit gear like this:

I will check for better gear soon to improve clearing even more, but it still works fine with this absolute budget gear.
@pale_emperor:

That my friend, is the definition of budget gear. As you say, it works very fine with it :) Glad you find the build good! :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
QUESTIONS:

-any reason you don't link anything to spectres other than increased duration? Seems like a waste to let a +2 to minion gems 4-link on the helm go to waste with just Golem,Spectre,ID. I have SRS there but i have less and less time to cast it in lategame so I'm thinking i can amplify the specs/golem a bit more with a minion gem that will also get the +2

-Bones of Ullr. Is this really core? Do you go for 12 zombies? If not, I can definitely see getting an extra zombie from The Baron 600 str if I have a boots slot to play with and reaching 10 zombies that way.

-Theres a 30 node str very close to the build path (I'm actually there anyway for the +30 dex, i take two of those since your gems need A LOT of dex and its hard to itemize for both dex and str). Do you consider taking that to make The Baron bonuses easier to reach? With how much increased life this build has, seems like a good choice

-Do you ever care about 1k The Baron bonus? seems hard to get.

-How would you quantify The Violent Dead jewels? I'm not sure how much real damage they offer with the groundslam CD reduction.

-How much do you value Essence based Increased Minion Life % on items in general? It's a prefix, so there's room for it, tho its incredibly lucky to get a good item from an essence.
Last edited by SwampZiro on Aug 22, 2017, 4:13:56 AM
What max lvl map you can finish with this build and gear?
"
SwampZiro wrote:
QUESTIONS:

-any reason you don't link anything to spectres other than increased duration? Seems like a waste to let a +2 to minion gems 4-link on the helm go to waste with just Golem,Spectre,ID. I have SRS there but i have less and less time to cast it in lategame so I'm thinking i can amplify the specs/golem a bit more with a minion gem that will also get the +2

-Bones of Ullr. Is this really core? Do you go for 12 zombies? If not, I can definitely see getting an extra zombie from The Baron 600 str if I have a boots slot to play with and reaching 10 zombies that way.

-Theres a 30 node str very close to the build path (I'm actually there anyway for the +30 dex, i take two of those since your gems need A LOT of dex and its hard to itemize for both dex and str). Do you consider taking that to make The Baron bonuses easier to reach? With how much increased life this build has, seems like a good choice

-Do you ever care about 1k The Baron bonus? seems hard to get.

-How would you quantify The Violent Dead jewels? I'm not sure how much real damage they offer with the groundslam CD reduction.

-How much do you value Essence based Increased Minion Life % on items in general? It's a prefix, so there's room for it, tho its incredibly lucky to get a good item from an essence.

- you dont really have the investment needed to make potent spectres on their own merits. having them as a 2 link maximizes the efficiency of them if all you want is the defensive perks of the bubbles

- bones of ullr is useful for the extra spectre coverage and as a cheaper alternative to baron when starting off

- in baron builds many people use astramentis which should usually provide all the base stats needed for gem requirements the rest is about filling in str to hit break points. the break points are spaced pretty far appart at 900 1000 1200 and 1500. so 30 str here and there wont help much unless you are close to the next break point anyway.

- the 1k bonus is pretty powerful. invested zombies hit incredibly hard so they will leach cap you even in a 4l

- violent dead jewels are a bit contentious. on one hand many see them as a jewel alternative to melee splash .. which is what we all wanted . but as you pointed out. even with both there is often a 2 second cool down between slams still. this can feel really bad if you are pushing clear speed or if you have few zombies. I usually grab two when starting a new league just because it is a damage jewel with some perks.

they are better when you use a 4l zombie to get the fake splash. but if you are focusing on zombies in a 6l it is generally better to use melee splash with a switch gem (much like how you switch out conc effect for increased aoe)

or if you have have minion life / minion damage jewels to use. minion life/ damage jewels tend to be extreme expensive.

-essence based items are ... too inconsistent to be a major factor in any budget build.

for one thing they do put gear pressure on your character since they eat resists spots.

for another .. the supply of essences is just .. horrible. one of the worst trading experiences in the game you can do involves trying to get some fucker to sell you a 1 -2 chaos essence.

and if that was not bad enough .. they are chaos orbs essentially .. which means the chances of you getting something usable with them .. is astronomically low.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 22, 2017, 8:10:18 AM
Hey Ghazzy,
thanks for the build and the video guides you provide!

I have been playing this build in standard to lvl 72 now. while leveling was slow (didnt want to play srs) and bosses did kill me a couple of times due to squshyness the build really gains momentum when you get to the higher minion levels, cap your resists, gain movement and cast speed (essential!) and get the core uniques.
I think this build is interesting to play because of positioning and because you alays have to be on your toe not to get caught out of position or overlook dangerous mobs/exiles.
Minion survivability and damage is insane, after equipping montegrul I just dont care for my zombs health anymore they facetank everything (so far). I at t8 right now with capped resists and only 3,5 k life. There are good maps (plain sight, enough space for your minions) and bad ones for example cell, where they stuck all of the time.

The baron is out of my reach, though maybe i´m lucky with chancing it. It would fit my Chest nicely, if i ever 6L it. Can you explain what makes the baron so OP, I don´t relaly get it.

If only the build had a CWDT setup, I´d be golden!! Would this build work with a Lightning coil (ofc very difficult to roll colours)?

Thanks

Spoiler
"
blue2000 wrote:
What max lvl map you can finish with this build and gear?

Build can do Uber Atziri & Shaper, though I would not recommend it in Hardcore. Though for boss killing approached you might want to tweak the build towards a more high budget approach skipping Vics charity and running dual wield with Severed/United for poison and get VP and get over 1k strength, clear speed will be lacking but boss killing potential will be insane.

"
lui36000 wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,
thanks for the build and the video guides you provide!

I have been playing this build in standard to lvl 72 now. while leveling was slow (didnt want to play srs) and bosses did kill me a couple of times due to squshyness the build really gains momentum when you get to the higher minion levels, cap your resists, gain movement and cast speed (essential!) and get the core uniques.
I think this build is interesting to play because of positioning and because you alays have to be on your toe not to get caught out of position or overlook dangerous mobs/exiles.
Minion survivability and damage is insane, after equipping montegrul I just dont care for my zombs health anymore they facetank everything (so far). I at t8 right now with capped resists and only 3,5 k life. There are good maps (plain sight, enough space for your minions) and bad ones for example cell, where they stuck all of the time.

The baron is out of my reach, though maybe i´m lucky with chancing it. It would fit my Chest nicely, if i ever 6L it. Can you explain what makes the baron so OP, I don´t relaly get it.

If only the build had a CWDT setup, I´d be golden!! Would this build work with a Lightning coil (ofc very difficult to roll colours)?

Thanks

Spoiler

Hey,

Cheers!

Many people say that summoners are AFK builds, it is quiet the oposite, summoners are generally the most active builds in the game :)

I would still prefer the rare chest piece for that extra zombie enchant.

---------

@saltychipmunk:

Thank you <3
Break points at 1500? What the hell, I'm at 500 Str. How do you even reach 1500 str

EDIT: Have you considered using efficient training jewel? It's giving me a flat 100 str if I use it in place of 1 of the 2 violent dead jewels. SHould i roll with this?
Last edited by SwampZiro on Aug 22, 2017, 10:41:39 PM
"
SwampZiro wrote:
Break points at 1500? What the hell, I'm at 500 Str. How do you even reach 1500 str

EDIT: Have you considered using efficient training jewel? It's giving me a flat 100 str if I use it in place of 1 of the 2 violent dead jewels. SHould i roll with this?

He is refering to the 1 extra zombie per 300 strength mod. And Montegruls is cutting that in half which means every 600 str is an additional big zombie.

---------------------

Quick note for everyone:

Tonight I will create the DP Build Guide and right after, I'll have a strawpoll running where you guys get to decide which build I will do next, all non-gameplay-footage-updated builds will be included in that strawpoll.
Wait am i supposed to be using a switch gem instead of Melee Splash vs bosses? Is added chaos good for that or added fire? (tho i might already use added fire instead of empower)

E: no wait it has to be a red gem

e2; im dumb i can just use added fire AND empower
Last edited by SwampZiro on Aug 24, 2017, 7:46:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info