[3.3 Video Guide] Beginner's Guide: Zombie Build "Umbrella Corp Apocalypse Build"

"
joachimbond wrote:
Your build still mentions poison, Ghazzy. In path of building, it's pretty clear that GGG doesn't want minions to do poison damage anymore. So I've taken the elemental approach, and gone with EE and using incinerate with faster proj to proc EE.

I've gotten over 300k pob DPS numbers per Mon'tregul's zombie using phys to lightning gem and hatred aura on generosity. Doing the full strength stack baron/shaper's touch/geofri's sanctuary getting just over 1200 str. I leave in united in dream because the leech helps a lot against bosses like the one in the Lair map.

Thinking about repathing my tree to add necro aegis and drop mon'tregul's or united in dream for lycosidae.

Edit: my preferred spectres is frenzy apes, so I don't need Victario's Charity.

elemental is a solid option.

it has been known for a while now that some of the strongest builds will be elemental builds that were converted from physical so you have access to a larger amount of scalers.

the only issue with your setup is that the montre on kill explosions are fire damage which goes against the ee.

aegis is an annoying node simply because of where it is. but it would work. lyco is afterall around 25- 30% more damage over the long run.

"
Nosferat wrote:
Hi there, just recently started this build. Haven't played POE in a long time.

I'm barely lvl 40 so not much happening. I just wanted to ask about what could I replace "the baron" with.

I got bones of ullr cheaply, but I mean, 200-500 chaos orbs for the baron? I don't have that much currency to buy that one. The build went from cheap, to highly expensive for me.

last league the item was 1 chaos. 1 , just 1. and there isnt really a replacement for the baron in a str stacking summoner . using something else effectively means you have a fundamentally different build

so traditional summoner. one that doesnt stack str would be your alternative
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 10, 2017, 7:46:46 AM
"
foodgy wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Minions have never proced EE as they are separate enteties as explained in the "Generic Summoner Mechanic Guide" linked in the thread (at the top). We use any sort of lightning damage ability to proc it as it provides TONS of extra damage for most summoner builds :)

So how do you trigger EE with this build? In the video you don't have this node :/

The EE is applied via Ball Lightning and is included in the 3.0 updated forum thread here, the video is as stated for 2.6 as I'm sadly not a fulltime streamer which is limiting me in terms of time. I do what I can!

"
joachimbond wrote:
Your build still mentions poison, Ghazzy. In path of building, it's pretty clear that GGG doesn't want minions to do poison damage anymore. So I've taken the elemental approach, and gone with EE and using incinerate with faster proj to proc EE.

I've gotten over 300k pob DPS numbers per Mon'tregul's zombie using phys to lightning gem and hatred aura on generosity. Doing the full strength stack baron/shaper's touch/geofri's sanctuary getting just over 1200 str. I leave in united in dream because the leech helps a lot against bosses like the one in the Lair map.

Thinking about repathing my tree to add necro aegis and drop mon'tregul's or united in dream for lycosidae.

Edit: my preferred spectres is frenzy apes, so I don't need Victario's Charity.

Hey,

Thank you for pointing that out, I fixed it and updated it.

"
Nosferat wrote:
Hi there, just recently started this build. Haven't played POE in a long time.

I'm barely lvl 40 so not much happening. I just wanted to ask about what could I replace "the baron" with.

I got bones of ullr cheaply, but I mean, 200-500 chaos orbs for the baron? I don't have that much currency to buy that one. The build went from cheap, to highly expensive for me.

Hey,

Welcome back then!
Any +1 and after lvl 55, +2 minion gem helmet works fine :)
Can also try to chance orb the baron whilst you're doing maps.

Also, it works great even before you get the Baron!

"
sharkyna wrote:
Thank you Ghazzy for the build, im having quite a smooth painless adventure with it. (i've entered act 8 right now and im 62).

I killed all the bosses without any risk, even Kitava that is feared by everyone was seriously easy, just standing in a corner using desacrate while pets killing her.

The real change is when you can equip the shield at level 50, it make seriously a huge diff DPS wise.

Im still missing "The Baron" and the cutlass sword (using aurumvorax as replacer as you suggest), but i dont really have any issue for now, i suppose the hat is a very good addition but the build is perfectly viable also without if you are not a min/max speedfarmer.

Hey,

My pleasure! Awesome to hear bro.

Aye it works great, the Baron will later skyrocket your damage even further ;)

-------------

@Saltychipmunk:

Problem with Lyco is that it provides more damage, but less clear speed than Vics charity which is why I always prefer Vics charity, specially as movement speed is one of the key factors to minimize the impact of the horrible AI that the Zombies has.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
last league the item was 1 chaos. 1 , just 1. and there isnt really a replacement for the baron in a str stacking summoner . using something else effectively means you have a fundamentally different build

Will try going forward for a while, see how the build holds up in the long run, for now I can't say I have any realistic difficulties with it.

However the prices for that helmet are just insane, 8ex orbs, 200-500 chaos orbs. Hopefully the prices will drop.
Last edited by Nosferat on Aug 10, 2017, 9:08:22 AM
Hello Ghazzy! I'm doing your build. Just hit level 68 and have a few questions I need answered!

First off, do you think you can update the build in more detail on what you suggest going for if you want to take this build all the way to Uber Atziri viable items and so on?

I don't really like to do the whole EE and casting Orb of storms, always tend to forget to do it. I'm thinking of running a 4 link spectre setup inside the Baron helmet instead. What do you suggest on using and what type of spectres shines in 3.0?

Edit: A few more questions. On the video, your using eldrich battery and stuff with MOM, the actual guide dosen't say anything about it anymore. So its just life based now?

Could you also update the gearing section abit more, what to really look for now since the video is kinda outdated. What chest for example we go for now?

Last edited by Pjey on Aug 10, 2017, 4:17:16 PM
So far the build has been fairly fun to play for someone just returning after not playing for a year+, but I have a couple questions/comments:

The recommended aura setup doesn't really seem playable without wandering over towards the sovereignty aura nodes- it's right next to one of the life nodes that you grab anyways so it's definitely possible to grab but it's not listed in your passives. I know I basically can't cast anything trying to run your recommended setup, it seems like this is a remnant from when the build was ES based and could afford to run mana down to almost zero in aura costs, but it doesn't work now that it's shifted towards life only. Are there any updates for this?

How come you don't get grave intentions? With grave intentions and the +1 zombie craft you'll hit 10 zombies without barons, which is pretty important when you start using montreguls grasp. It also lets you hit 9 skeletons without the skeleton master craft, which I think this build should shift towards once you can get 2 dead reckoning jewels. Basically I think the build should shift towards the one in your lich queen thread once you can afford 10c on the jewels, but instead of crafting +1 skel you should craft +1 zombie and grab grave intentions- this will give you 9 skel mages and 5 uber zombies.

In a probably related question, is there a non-strength build version of this? The baron is now one of the more expensive uniques in the game, and 99.99% of the player base will never be able to afford one. I've put about 400 hours into the game over the years, and have gotten ~10 characters up to level 90, and I've never seen an exalted drop, or had one in my inventory. I have no idea what they even look like. Wandering around the passive tree to pick up all the strength nodes for an item that no one is going to be able to afford seems pointless. You do pick up a lot of the life nodes, but those points could have been just as easily dumped into the untaken life nodes near constitution/the warrior for about the same amount, plus leaving you an extra 10 points to put somewhere else in the tree (like say grave intentions...).

edit:

One more- the biggest issue while leveling (im up to 61 now) has been the bosses- the zombies die in an instant to most of the boss specials. You avoided a lot of the minion life nodes (well, 3 of them I think) and I'm wondering why that is, as the zombies dying-particularly in areas where there are no corpses to resummon- is one of the biggest problem with the build. I've also not played a summoner before and the zombies seem to have some annoying mechanics in boss fights, as they stop attacking as soon as I start moving to avoid attacks. Is there a way for them to stay aggressive so I don't have to stand still and eat boss attacks to keep them attacking?
Last edited by PlutoShade on Aug 11, 2017, 7:03:19 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
"

Will try going forward for a while, see how the build holds up in the long run, for now I can't say I have any realistic difficulties with it.

However the prices for that helmet are just insane, 8ex orbs, 200-500 chaos orbs. Hopefully the prices will drop.

Yeah the helmet price is stupid, it works fine without it and I would recommend Chance Orbing it till you can afford it if you don't get it before :)

"
Pjey wrote:
Hello Ghazzy! I'm doing your build. Just hit level 68 and have a few questions I need answered!

First off, do you think you can update the build in more detail on what you suggest going for if you want to take this build all the way to Uber Atziri viable items and so on?

I don't really like to do the whole EE and casting Orb of storms, always tend to forget to do it. I'm thinking of running a 4 link spectre setup inside the Baron helmet instead. What do you suggest on using and what type of spectres shines in 3.0?

Edit: A few more questions. On the video, your using eldrich battery and stuff with MOM, the actual guide dosen't say anything about it anymore. So its just life based now?

Could you also update the gearing section abit more, what to really look for now since the video is kinda outdated. What chest for example we go for now?

Hey,

I wouldn't go for Uber Atziri with this build, it should work fine'ish but the Trio-Boss poses WAY TOO much RNG for it to be a reliable uber atziri farmer imo.

Any spectre that has Proximity Shields :)

Correct, this is now a pure life based build. The video was for the old version from 2.6, sadly I'm not a fulltime streamer so I haven't been able to update all gameplay footage in all my guides yet!

The gearing outside the uniques is all about the stat priority, the base of the items depends on what sockets you plan on using in the gear, example: if you need 4 blue and 2 red in 6socket then any ES based chest would work best. The build no longer cares about the base of the item we only care about the actual stats they provide and how easy they are to color.

"
PlutoShade wrote:
So far the build has been fairly fun to play for someone just returning after not playing for a year+, but I have a couple questions/comments:

The recommended aura setup doesn't really seem playable without wandering over towards the sovereignty aura nodes- it's right next to one of the life nodes that you grab anyways so it's definitely possible to grab but it's not listed in your passives. I know I basically can't cast anything trying to run your recommended setup, it seems like this is a remnant from when the build was ES based and could afford to run mana down to almost zero in aura costs, but it doesn't work now that it's shifted towards life only. Are there any updates for this?

How come you don't get grave intentions? With grave intentions and the +1 zombie craft you'll hit 10 zombies without barons, which is pretty important when you start using montreguls grasp. It also lets you hit 9 skeletons without the skeleton master craft, which I think this build should shift towards once you can get 2 dead reckoning jewels. Basically I think the build should shift towards the one in your lich queen thread once you can afford 10c on the jewels, but instead of crafting +1 skel you should craft +1 zombie and grab grave intentions- this will give you 9 skel mages and 5 uber zombies.

In a probably related question, is there a non-strength build version of this? The baron is now one of the more expensive uniques in the game, and 99.99% of the player base will never be able to afford one. I've put about 400 hours into the game over the years, and have gotten ~10 characters up to level 90, and I've never seen an exalted drop, or had one in my inventory. I have no idea what they even look like. Wandering around the passive tree to pick up all the strength nodes for an item that no one is going to be able to afford seems pointless. You do pick up a lot of the life nodes, but those points could have been just as easily dumped into the untaken life nodes near constitution/the warrior for about the same amount, plus leaving you an extra 10 points to put somewhere else in the tree (like say grave intentions...).

edit:

One more- the biggest issue while leveling (im up to 61 now) has been the bosses- the zombies die in an instant to most of the boss specials. You avoided a lot of the minion life nodes (well, 3 of them I think) and I'm wondering why that is, as the zombies dying-particularly in areas where there are no corpses to resummon- is one of the biggest problem with the build. I've also not played a summoner before and the zombies seem to have some annoying mechanics in boss fights, as they stop attacking as soon as I start moving to avoid attacks. Is there a way for them to stay aggressive so I don't have to stand still and eat boss attacks to keep them attacking?

Hey,

Awesome to hear bro!
The skilltree does include Sovereignty? :S

The mana is fine to use with the finished tree, generally you shouldn't need to resummon your zombies and the rest of your active abilities doesn't cost much mana at all :)

Grave Intentions didn't feel worth it to me.
Dead Reckoning shouldn't be used at all for this build though.

Grave Intentions can be worth it before you get the Baron for the sake of that extra Zombie indeed.

Chance Orbing it is a very solid way to do it, that's how most SSF racers does it as well, very reliable.

Desecrate generates corpses on the ground for you to resummon, which is also why I personally prefer to ignore the Haste approach & use Purity of Elements for the sake of gearing and making room for resummoning zombies in these tight spots.
Bosses in 3.0 are stupidly buffed and should only be done once then skipped for the rest of the game imo >.< This goes for almost any build in the game.

Get spectres that has Proximity Shields this makes you immune to projectiles coming outside from those bubbles, which allows you to keep the zombies agressive :)

Hope it helps!

"
Ghazzy wrote:

Awesome to hear bro!

Ahh, it's only in the final version, not in any of the ones prior. I never looked at the final tree as I'm still level 60 and it seemed obvious where you were going in general with the nodes at that point ;)

"

Grave Intentions can be worth it before you get the Baron for the sake of that extra Zombie indeed.

So perhaps this needs more explanation for me. I don't see any reason why not to use skel mages here. If you compare this build to your lich queen, the passives are almost identical save for the increased duration abilities. The skel mages should just be pure DPS on top of the zombies, right? You basically swap 2 violent dead gems for 2 dead reckonings. Is a 5L zombie really better dps than a 4L Zombie+5L skel mage?

"

Desecrate generates corpses on the ground for you to resummon, which is also why I personally prefer to ignore the Haste approach & use Purity of Elements for the sake of gearing and making room for resummoning zombies in these tight spots.

...Damn it...
I knew I was missing something with that skill.
"
Ghazzy wrote:

@Saltychipmunk:

Problem with Lyco is that it provides more damage, but less clear speed than Vics charity which is why I always prefer Vics charity, specially as movement speed is one of the key factors to minimize the impact of the horrible AI that the Zombies has.

a solid reason. however realistically you get victario's for mostly the frenzy charges since the power charges are less consistent due to being on kill.

you can get these charges pretty easily with carnage chieftains as long as we are still only talking about a zombie build.

when it comes to say srs which like to spread out then yeah Vicy all the way.

honestly though if we are talking about clear speed neither option holds a candle to queens escape with umbilicus and a quick silver flask.

"

on this i actually would like to disagree.

so on paper grave intentions is a decent node . chaos resistance for zombies , some life . pretty cool.

the issue with the node is where it is located .

most baron builds dont travel to the shadow side of the tree the jewel nodes on that side dont provide as much str when converted . there is no other minion nodes over there and over all it is just wasteful.

thing is taking grave intentions is really only worth it if it is on the way to something else . for example perhaps you were es or low life and wanted those hybrid nodes and that aura node by ci. makes sense

but in the case of a baron. well grave intentions is 3 nodes out of the way for a total of 6 nodes worth of investment. it is a huge amount of investment to consider when there are so many other-things you want on the tree.

then there is the fact that if you use say montreguls grasp you might not need that extra zombie in the case that i would result in 11 or 13 zombies since montre obviously rounds down.

if you get to 1200 str this is usually the case and if you are at 1000 str but use the cat mod on your chest armor .. this will also be the case .

by that same token if you are not baron you probably will hit either 9 or 11 zombies with montre .. and you will have the same problem :/ .. well unless you find a good undying flesh talisman to get to that 10

this applys to leveling too. since it is 6 full points out of the way i think it would make more sense to finish out the other aspects of the build first than worry about 1 zombie if at that point you still dont have the baron and astramentis
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 11, 2017, 9:02:13 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

by that same token if you are not baron you probably will hit either 9 or 11 zombies with montre .. and you will have the same problem :/ .. well unless you find a good undying flesh talisman to get to that 10

For someone who is broke and doesn't have baron, the easiest path to 10 is:

+3 from skill gem,
+1 from enchant
+1 from boots
+5 from passives if you have grave intention

This is why I was asking. I'm not going to get a barons unless my luck in this game changes dramatically, and it hasn't so far this league. Me finding or chancing a barons is just not going to happen. So if I'm sitting there at 9 zombies and want to go to 10 for the extra summon with montre, it seems like grave intentions wouldn't be a bad pickup.
"
PlutoShade wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Awesome to hear bro!

Ahh, it's only in the final version, not in any of the ones prior. I never looked at the final tree as I'm still level 60 and it seemed obvious where you were going in general with the nodes at that point ;)

"

So perhaps this needs more explanation for me. I don't see any reason why not to use skel mages here. If you compare this build to your lich queen, the passives are almost identical save for the increased duration abilities. The skel mages should just be pure DPS on top of the zombies, right? You basically swap 2 violent dead gems for 2 dead reckonings. Is a 5L zombie really better dps than a 4L Zombie+5L skel mage?

"

...Damn it...
I knew I was missing something with that skill.

The skeletons are not gonna do good damage by putting some jewels for them, they will lack support gems and are mainly used for decoy targets to keep you away from agro. If they are ranged enemies will still come close to you which will not work out well.

-------

@Saltychipmunk:

Regarding Grave Intentions:
It was refering to a situation where you couldn't afford the Baron, in which case I personally believe it's worth taking for that extra zombie :)

"
PlutoShade wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

For someone who is broke and doesn't have baron, the easiest path to 10 is:

+3 from skill gem,
+1 from enchant
+1 from boots
+5 from passives if you have grave intention

This is why I was asking. I'm not going to get a barons unless my luck in this game changes dramatically, and it hasn't so far this league. Me finding or chancing a barons is just not going to happen. So if I'm sitting there at 9 zombies and want to go to 10 for the extra summon with montre, it seems like grave intentions wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Aye in that situation I believe it's worth it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info