[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Do you aim for Primordial Might or Anima Stone as first "big" milestone?
Hey-hey, this is an absolutely legendary build. I remember making it a couple of years ago when number of pages on the forum was much much fewer :)
I've got 4-5ex saved and came to play the great build again, but what i see...I've watched the video with Chimera kill and with how juiced the gear is, boss damage is so pathethic, i almost cried! :F
Is this the actual state of the build now? Or pure flame/ ice golems with some tricks could work well in Ritual?
I def don't want to make carrion golems again - played so much in harvest that i'm still full.^^
I wish i could see some geared builds in action in Ritual. Please share your experience, dear golemancers!
Last edited by Triapka on Jan 19, 2021, 4:33:56 PM
Congrats on 500 pages Miika!!!! Well done for keeping the thread alive and updated.

@Triapka

Yeah, I feel like Flame Golems are in a bit of a sorry state at the moment compared to other golems. Most of the single target came from Spectres which also got pretty hard in the latest patch. I'm actually pretty annoyed at GGG's nerf to the Elementalist golems deal increased damage per golem summoned as this has hurt a build that already wasn't doing amazing damage. Carrion golems are still doing millions of damage per golem and a flame golem is probably lucky to do a tenth of what a carrion golem can do. I would have much rather seen a bigger nerf to carrion golems and kept Elementalist as it was so flame golems still feel relevant early on and doing mid-tier content lazily.

I'm sure with good use of spectres; maybe something like the Frost Auto Scouts as they are tanky and do decent damage, you can make this build pretty nice. It won't be anywhere near carrion golems in power but will probably have slightly better clear whilst the DPS holds up.

Mika will probably have some good ides for you. If you're prepared to put some decent currency into it you can probably make it "good enough" for all but the "really end-game fights".

"
Cyterizz wrote:
hello again.. xD

Can someone please take a look at my talent tree/gear? Feels like i'm doing something wrong.

I know the gear is very bad but i feel like im way to squishy, but probably just because of low ES and no Shav. The damage against higher rituals t10+ are getting rough aswell.

Cheers :D

Hello :)

Is your characters name "fhiygbiuewghioudefhgiye"?

You have Sotl already, so DPS wise you should be good to go if you get enough level in the gems and enough Harmonies.

Sotl itself does not give any ES, but adds 100% to ES of other items. This means that helmet, belt, gloves, boots and rings should have as much ES as possible. You seem to have have lot of armor / HP gear, so changing that to items with high ES / flat ES lines should help.

For DPS, the numbers of Harmonies is most important factor. Try to get get as many as possible while also keeping EHP and utility skills up.

I hope this helps and you can PM me if you need more tips :)

"
Do you aim for Primordial Might or Anima Stone as first "big" milestone?

Hey :)

I would get Anima Stone first for the extra Golem. You can use "Feeding Frenzy Support" with them to make them get the aggressive AI. You can later replace the "Feeding Frenzy Support" with Might to get better DPS and stack more Primordial Jewels.

"
Hey-hey, this is an absolutely legendary build. I remember making it a couple of years ago when number of pages on the forum was much much fewer :)
I've got 4-5ex saved and came to play the great build again, but what i see...I've watched the video with Chimera kill and with how juiced the gear is, boss damage is so pathethic, i almost cried! :F
Is this the actual state of the build now? Or pure flame/ ice golems with some tricks could work well in Ritual?
I def don't want to make carrion golems again - played so much in harvest that i'm still full.^^
I wish i could see some geared builds in action in Ritual. Please share your experience, dear golemancers!

"
Congrats on 500 pages Miika!!!! Well done for keeping the thread alive and updated.

@Triapka

Yeah, I feel like Flame Golems are in a bit of a sorry state at the moment compared to other golems. Most of the single target came from Spectres which also got pretty hard in the latest patch. I'm actually pretty annoyed at GGG's nerf to the Elementalist golems deal increased damage per golem summoned as this has hurt a build that already wasn't doing amazing damage. Carrion golems are still doing millions of damage per golem and a flame golem is probably lucky to do a tenth of what a carrion golem can do. I would have much rather seen a bigger nerf to carrion golems and kept Elementalist as it was so flame golems still feel relevant early on and doing mid-tier content lazily.

I'm sure with good use of spectres; maybe something like the Frost Auto Scouts as they are tanky and do decent damage, you can make this build pretty nice. It won't be anywhere near carrion golems in power but will probably have slightly better clear whilst the DPS holds up.

Mika will probably have some good ides for you. If you're prepared to put some decent currency into it you can probably make it "good enough" for all but the "really end-game fights".

Hi and welcome back :)

500 pages already! \o/
Thank you all for support! ^^

Recent leagues have been quite rough on all elemental Golems. Boss HP increased so much that old DPS is very meriocre now against them and Physical minions get double DPS thank to impale being broken.

Flame / Ice Golems however clear packs and mid-high tier bosses still quite nicely and I see lot of Flame Golemancers in standard while trading. The skill seems to be well liked for mid-high tier mapping, even if there are multiple stronger skills at this point.

I understand that running same Carrion Golems for multiple leagues can get quite boring. Also going for less broken build after that can feel very underwhelming. If you are not going to heavily grind on endgame content, you can make Flame / Ice Golemancer for mapping and later respec for Carrion Golems as backup plan if you need more DPS / survival as at least most jewels are the same.

I wish that we can find strong Spectre to support boss killing, while Flame Golems clear the trash. However so far I have not found strong new Spectres that were not hit by Spec lvl nerf.

I'm have been working on full HP variant of the Flame Golems which will result in massively stronger defense, but unfortunately the DPS of Flame Golems will remain about the same. There might be possibility to mix Ice Golems using impale stacks with Flame Golems and reach about 1 mil DPS and 100k dps with Flame Golems. That should be enough to clear trash at movement speed, while Ice Golems would deal respectable DPS at boss fights. However the process is only at the beginning and will be dont propably for next league.

I recommend trying mixing elemental Golems with different skills like Skeletons, Zombies and Specs testing out which combination works best. There is working mix of them waiting for someone to find it. Or GGG could buff the elemental Golems as they should have already 2-3 leagues ago.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jan 20, 2021, 3:05:45 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

500 pages already! \o/

Recent leagues have been quite rough on all elemental Golems. Boss HP increased so much that old DPS is very meriocre now against them and Physical minions get double DPS thank to impale being broken.

Flame / Ice Golems however clear packs and mid-high tier bosses still quite nicely and I see lot of Flame Golemancers in standard while trading. The skill seems to be well liked for mid-high tier mapping, even if there are multiple stronger skills at this point.

I understand that running same Carrion Golems for multiple leagues can get quite boring. Also going for less broken build after that can feel very underwhelming. If you are not going to heavily grind on endgame content, you can make Flame / Ice Golemancer for mapping and later respec for Carrion Golems as backup plan if you need more DPS / survival as at least most jewels are the same.

I wish that we can find strong Spectre to support boss killing, while Flame Golems clear the trash. However so far I have not found strong new Spectres that were not hit by Spec lvl nerf.

I'm have been working on full HP variant of the Flame Golems which will result in massively stronger defense, but unfortunately the DPS of Flame Golems will remain about the same. There might be possibility to mix Ice Golems using impale stacks with Flame Golems and reach about 1 mil DPS and 100k dps with Flame Golems. That should be enough to clear trash at movement speed, while Ice Golems would deal respectable DPS at boss fights. However the process is only at the beginning and will be dont propably for next league.

I recommend trying mixing elemental Golems with different skills like Skeletons, Zombies and Specs testing out which combination works best. There is working mix of them waiting for someone to find it. Or GGG could buff the elemental Golems as they should have already 2-3 leagues ago.

appreciate detailed response :)
i'm aware only of primal crushclaws as decent boss killing spectres, but pretty sure u've already tested it.
there is also a new one callsed flickershady flying around and reported to be broken both literally and in terms of killing speed, but i haven't made any testing myself.

Anyway I hope the brights days for fire golems come again! ;)

p.s. started leveling a generic spectre build so far, we'll see where it ends
excellent build, is it possible i can get added to the guild?

in game name is GolemFlameRitual

"
Triapka wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

500 pages already! \o/

appreciate detailed response :)
i'm aware only of primal crushclaws as decent boss killing spectres, but pretty sure u've already tested it.
there is also a new one callsed flickershady flying around and reported to be broken both literally and in terms of killing speed, but i haven't made any testing myself.

Anyway I hope the brights days for fire golems come again! ;)

p.s. started leveling a generic spectre build so far, we'll see where it ends

Hello :)

Thanks for the tip, I will have to test the flickershady one!

I think that elemntal Golems will be buffed in league or two. They are quite liked permanent minion type, and there are almost none Flame, Ice an and Lightning Golem build out atm. Lets hope it will happen already in next league ;)

"

Hey and thanks for support ^^

Just sent you an invitation, welcome to the guild!
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
I was wondering if I could get more information regarding cast speed, cooldowns and frenzy charges. There is a google dock floating around from several years back explaining that POB does not properly account for cooldowns and basically says frenzy charges do not make a big difference to flame golems until 9+ harmonies.

Is this still the case (POB not showing correctly)?

There is a comment to "Just remember to match cast speed to cooldown as much as possible (POB can be used here to compare values)." but I am not sure what that means.

Unlike most, I was using Carnage Chieftan spectres to get frenzy charges (as opposed to Victarios). I am not using the primordial chain, and currently have 3 spectres. I was running a Carnage Chieftan, Host Chieftan, and Arena Master (similar to as Heist league with carrions) and POB is showing something in the neighborhood of a 50% dps increase for the 3 frenzy charges (98k to 147k with Magma Ball on my POB and current build). I am surprised that POB would be that far off this many years later?

If I can move away from the chieftans and use something like Tuko Vanguards or Solaris Champions (both seem to do well with bosses as well as the ritual mechanics in small spaces) I'd prefer it, but a bit lost on what I might be losing.

Note: I am goofing off with baranite preachers so ignore the gem links on my helm. Normally its spectre, minion life, zombie and blood magic for basically 100% uptime on 3 frenzy charges).
For elementalist build.
Why use Primorial Chain. As i understand final build should have 10 golems with the amulet and 7 without.
Primorial Chain said 35% less damage so it is 65% damage output.
2golems are not damaging . stone and chaos. So we left with 8 amd 5 flame/ice golem.
8*65 = 520%
5*100 = 500%
The gap is just 20% isnt it better to have rare amulet with +1 all fire/strength or both +2 to fire golem??? Also no golem less HP in amulet. Or the move speed os import.

Second, as we convert life regen to energy shield regen. How to recover life? Or is it just need to use flask

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info