[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I don't know if anyone mentioned but.. why not use pinpoint instead of multiple projectiles?

And if some likes to push more buttons Infernal cry for coved in ash?
The POB for the Fire and ice elementalist build is the necro tree. Listed under:
Passives -> FLAME & ICE GOLEM -ELEMENTALIST

Can you please update? Trying to help my friend out.
"
mika2salo wrote:

The Spectres are the skill that will be under focus once the league starts. I can't remember when I have lost Spec with my Necro, so they were quite tanky before the nerf. Build also takes lot of defensive nodes for minions, so they should be relatively safe.

If Specs start dying too much or deal too little damage, they can be boosted by taking extra minion levels with Empower instead of other support, using +3 minion level in helmet or taking minion hp nodes from the tree.

Specs damage can be boosted with Hubris jewel if you happen to roll 2-3x Slumlords(80% minion damage per node) in it.

If Specs are too weak, they might get replaced with Ice Golems, Skeleton Mages or Zombies.

I haven't played FG's in a few years, but have played a lot of other summoners. Delirium (Simulacrums and 100% Delirious especially) is tough on spectres. That part is weighing heavily on my build selection, since it's my favorite content. Seems like one of those leagues where I just make a Necro and see which way the win blows.
Dudes, I'm a bit confused.
What are real numbers for flame golems dps?
I've imported both pobs for ele and necro and they show like... 120k dps, 108k dps. Wtf is that? It can't be true, right? Even nerfed carrion golems have about 2.5-3m dps per golem.
If its true how do you even play them in lets say t16 delirium?

So it looks like Golems are going to be really popular again this league according to Balormage. Probably less of a focus on the aura stacking part but even so carrion golems with the triad gloves to convert phys to cold then using the extra cold pen that elementalist's now gets means carrion golems are still going to be very strong. Especially as he points out with spectres being considerably weaker. He thinks the Primoridal jewels will be even more expensive than they have been in previous leagues so looks like I'll be giving them a miss again.

Maybe he's wrong; hopefully he is wrong but I think he's probably right. Seeing a lot of people talk about starting elementalist and going down the golem + spellcaster route so I think the Primoridal Mights will be in short supply again. Maybe if Ritual tends to poop out a load of them they might become cheaper later in the league so I might have a chance to play them at some point; not going to hold my breath though!
"
Lunx wrote:
I don't know if anyone mentioned but.. why not use pinpoint instead of multiple projectiles?

And if some likes to push more buttons Infernal cry for coved in ash?

Hello :)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pinpoint_Support "Cannot modify the skills of minions." It seems that the support can't be attached to minions. It would be very nice as it would focus Golems damage on boss, but many new supports seem to have restrictions.

Infernal Cry deals fire damage, and messes the Elemental Equilibrium debuff on monsters. The char should avoid doing any fire damage if we want the fire resistance to be lowered by EE.

"
The POB for the Fire and ice elementalist build is the necro tree. Listed under:
Passives -> FLAME & ICE GOLEM -ELEMENTALIST

Can you please update? Trying to help my friend out.

Hey :)

Thanks for the info, updated the Tree!

"
I haven't played FG's in a few years, but have played a lot of other summoners. Delirium (Simulacrums and 100% Delirious especially) is tough on spectres. That part is weighing heavily on my build selection, since it's my favorite content. Seems like one of those leagues where I just make a Necro and see which way the win blows.

Hi :)

That sounds like excellent plan. I would start relaxed and see how far I want to push. You can always select build later depending on what content you are focusing.

"
Dudes, I'm a bit confused.
What are real numbers for flame golems dps?
I've imported both pobs for ele and necro and they show like... 120k dps, 108k dps. Wtf is that? It can't be true, right? Even nerfed carrion golems have about 2.5-3m dps per golem.
If its true how do you even play them in lets say t16 delirium?

The numbers are correct.

Flame Golems have not really ever been nerfed and usual mobs have not really been buffed. This means that 99% of the monsters die in seconds with this damage.

Problem is that GGG has such powercreep on newer skills, that old bosses died in seconds. So they decided to buff endgame bosses HP 10x and add immortality phases into bossfights to keep bossfights challenging for new, stronger skills. They however did not buff older skills, so they have the same damage as before the 10x HP buff. Old skills were not nerfed, but take longer now to kill the bosses. Everything else dies like before.

This damage range is enough to do all general mapping, delve deep and do almost all boss fights pretty easily. Only the true end-game content needs more DPS thanks to the powercreep.

"
So it looks like Golems are going to be really popular again this league according to Balormage. Probably less of a focus on the aura stacking part but even so carrion golems with the triad gloves to convert phys to cold then using the extra cold pen that elementalist's now gets means carrion golems are still going to be very strong. Especially as he points out with spectres being considerably weaker. He thinks the Primoridal jewels will be even more expensive than they have been in previous leagues so looks like I'll be giving them a miss again.

Maybe he's wrong; hopefully he is wrong but I think he's probably right. Seeing a lot of people talk about starting elementalist and going down the golem + spellcaster route so I think the Primoridal Mights will be in short supply again. Maybe if Ritual tends to poop out a load of them they might become cheaper later in the league so I might have a chance to play them at some point; not going to hold my breath though!

Hi :)

I'm glad that Golems remain popular, but also bit sad that Flame Golems are not yet leveled with Carrion Golems in power.

Price raise would propably turn away some new Golemancers, but Golems have been almost premium build for few leagues already thanks to prices. It might be worth farming Golem divine cards if prices raise high enough.

I wish best of luck for everyone in the league! I will be testing the 4 sec auto-resummon for Golems with Elementalist to find out if there is some potential in it.

UPDATE

I will start to develop HP based Flame Golemancer this league as most new minion gear is HP based and there are better supports for HP than ES nowdays. Idea will be to use Flame Golems for clearing the mobs quickly and select other minion to do the boss killing as Flame Golems are not best at it.

Choosing Ascendancy, gear, etc is still totally open.

It's time to rework the guide for current meta.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jan 14, 2021, 9:23:20 AM
Played this build during harvest, had a ton of fun with it! In fact, it caused me to buy the Infernal Flame Golem skin for them. With the Elementalist changes, probably going to go back with this build.
This is the first time I'm going to start a league with golemancer build and I decided to go with elementalist as I like an idea of switching from necro. However, there is one thing I don't understand at all and this is Primordial Chain amulet. Using community fork pob you provided for fire + lightning elementalist you can easily find out that by equipping the chain we sacrifice something like 7.9% of our dps, a great part of golem health and regeneration and animate guardian/specters for 167 es regeneration, 7% physical damage reduction and 100% golem movement speed. Even if I understand the idea of using it when you have 5 or less golems, when you pick it having 7 golems you just lose way too many dps as for me. Moreover, that is the loss comparing to an emty amulet slot, so I completely don't understand why do we switch for it from, for example, necro's presence of chayula. According to the same pob it will give us 1405 es for 633 life (+772 total) and increase chaos damage effective hit pool from like 11600 to 34800 which is literally tripling our survivability against chaos damage.

I think that I'm missing something as that guide isn't the only one that recommends to use it, but I just don't understand why...
"
Played this build during harvest, had a ton of fun with it! In fact, it caused me to buy the Infernal Flame Golem skin for them. With the Elementalist changes, probably going to go back with this build.

Hello :)

Glad to hear you like Flame Golems! ^^

The Flame Golem mtx is one of my favorites in the game. I wish we get similar skins for other elemental Golems too.

Elementalist is bit beefier than Necro and can survive more hits from bosses. Hope you like the build if you decide to go with it!

"
This is the first time I'm going to start a league with golemancer build and I decided to go with elementalist as I like an idea of switching from necro. However, there is one thing I don't understand at all and this is Primordial Chain amulet. Using community fork pob you provided for fire + lightning elementalist you can easily find out that by equipping the chain we sacrifice something like 7.9% of our dps, a great part of golem health and regeneration and animate guardian/specters for 167 es regeneration, 7% physical damage reduction and 100% golem movement speed. Even if I understand the idea of using it when you have 5 or less golems, when you pick it having 7 golems you just lose way too many dps as for me. Moreover, that is the loss comparing to an emty amulet slot, so I completely don't understand why do we switch for it from, for example, necro's presence of chayula. According to the same pob it will give us 1405 es for 633 life (+772 total) and increase chaos damage effective hit pool from like 11600 to 34800 which is literally tripling our survivability against chaos damage.

I think that I'm missing something as that guide isn't the only one that recommends to use it, but I just don't understand why...

Ice & other physical Golems are very dependent on movement skill to clear maps quickly. 100% movement speed for them makes clearing a lot faster than just adding DPS.

Multiple Golems also mean more shooting Flame Golems. If you have 3x Flame Golems, few of them might be targetting same target which would die in one hit anyway. Adding more Golems make sure that they are hitting multiple targets and covering more area with carpet bombing.

Chain does not really add DPS, but it adds lot of utility and faster clearspeed. Golems are immunet to elemental damage, so they don't die too often.

It's not only amulet that can be used and other amulets like Chayula work as well. The choice comes down to own taste at the end.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jan 14, 2021, 4:18:40 PM
Hello and thanks for the build, it was one of my first builds when i started in 3.0 :)

How do i follow this build? What is updated and what is not? necro first and then swap to ele? Can i not play as ele first, if so how do i use talent tree points? It's so much stuff im confused and dumb...haha thanks and sorry
Last edited by Cyterizz on Jan 15, 2021, 3:00:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info