[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:

Hey :)

If you leveled with Occultist straight from the start not using other minions and CI you had really rough start. It's pretty smooth to level using Necro with Specters and Zombies and then swap to other Ascendancies later. I would strongly recommend trying pseudo 6-link Tukohama Specters even now especially as your Occultist, as that Ascendancy has weakest Golems damage by itself.

Gz on the Infernal Mantle links. Brings back memories from old setup few years ago. Low mana is pretty hard to avoid, so switching to Skin of the Loyal will be noticeable upgrade.

Thanks for the tip! I fixed the damage element type and EEs damage bonus :)

Actually I levelled with Freezing Pulse and switched to golems soon after getting that Mantle. I think I was around level 70-80. I had planned from the start to have golems as my long-term goal and the chest nudged me to make the switch. At the time I reasoned that a 6-linked +1 Fire chest would carry me even if I couldn't get my whole tree to a minion setup immediately.

I'm considering spectres, but honestly I'm too lazy to adjust my setups :) I'll get to it eventually. PoB'ing an EB+MoM setup is probably what I should do first.
Hi
sorry, noob question.
How many HP and ES i must have (and where to take it) to stop be a glass char and dont die after every second touch?
Its pretty annoying, after im starting farm red maps.
"
iunewind wrote:
Hi
sorry, noob question.
How many HP and ES i must have (and where to take it) to stop be a glass char and dont die after every second touch?

I have around 9K right now and pretty much only die to T16 bosses/Elder(not deep enough delve to be dying yet). I had around 11K EHP last league with near maxed chaos res as well and then I only died to deep delve(600+), mino boss, and uber elder.

I died a lot more before switching to Occ, but you do lose a lot of minion damage by doing that too.

You could prob look into upgrading your gloves to full ES gloves, and then grab some +1 Max spec sorcerer boots as well to help your EHP a lot.
Thanks. Im looking for good gloves, just dont find good one yet.

But its only +100 flat ES, it really can help?
Im have 2,5hp and 4,2ES, its almost half of your pool.
At now its pretty frustrating gameplay, because any regualr pak can kill, some time its happen even on ~10 tier maps.
Hi all golemancers!

Im am currently trying out this golemancer build and i am torn between Occulist and elementalist. I have read the build section, but can i still do endgame content as occulist with only "3 points in damage"?
Change gloves. Its steel frustrating.
Now im have 59% chaos resist, all other resist overcapped and now happend oneshoot or very fast die from syndicate on just 8 tier maps. Its ridiculous, this char feels strong like glued from thin paper.
Ok, im understand when it die on Vaal Temple boses, but its just 8 tier volcano.
"
Actually I levelled with Freezing Pulse and switched to golems soon after getting that Mantle. I think I was around level 70-80. I had planned from the start to have golems as my long-term goal and the chest nudged me to make the switch. At the time I reasoned that a 6-linked +1 Fire chest would carry me even if I couldn't get my whole tree to a minion setup immediately.

I'm considering spectres, but honestly I'm too lazy to adjust my setups :) I'll get to it eventually. PoB'ing an EB+MoM setup is probably what I should do first.

Hello :)

Ok, that can work too. Specters really boost the damage at endgame bosses, can highly recommend trying them in pseudo 6-link helmet.

EB + Mom setup would be interesting. Please post if there if it works as I would like to see how it turns out :)

"
Hi
sorry, noob question.

"
I have around 9K right now and pretty much only die to T16 bosses/Elder(not deep enough delve to be dying yet). I had around 11K EHP last league with near maxed chaos res as well and then I only died to deep delve(600+), mino boss, and uber elder.

I died a lot more before switching to Occ, but you do lose a lot of minion damage by doing that too.

You could prob look into upgrading your gloves to full ES gloves, and then grab some +1 Max spec sorcerer boots as well to help your EHP a lot.

"
Thanks. Im looking for good gloves, just dont find good one yet.

But its only +100 flat ES, it really can help?
Im have 2,5hp and 4,2ES, its almost half of your pool.
At now its pretty frustrating gameplay, because any regualr pak can kill, some time its happen even on ~10 tier maps.

"
Change gloves. Its steel frustrating.
Now im have 59% chaos resist, all other resist overcapped and now happend oneshoot or very fast die from syndicate on just 8 tier maps. Its ridiculous, this char feels strong like glued from thin paper.
Ok, im understand when it die on Vaal Temple boses, but its just 8 tier volcano.

Hi :)

8-9k EHP starts to be safe against endgame content if you are good at kiting. Usual item ranges that will get to this are :
- Helmet (100+ ES, 40+ HP, minion damage, burning damage)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP)
- Boots (100+ ES, 40+ HP)
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP)
- Amulet (Chayula or 40+ ES, 40+ HP, 5-20% increased ES)

Try to reach at least ES value, as ES gives more EHP and Skin of Loyal gives 100% increase on it. HP is secondary but very useful too. Most hyrbid gear us pretty cheap and if you plan the resistences, you can hit 7-8k with few dozed chaos.

Syndicates are very different from rest of the enemies and hard against summoners as they :
- Have lots of adds (Scatter minion damage)
- Deal heavy chaos and physical damage (Chaos res can be stacked armor not really)
- Teleport (GGGs wonderful design but what can we do)

Best ways to fight against Syndicated is literally to trust Temporal Chains and kite all the fight. Try to increase TC range as far as possible and get quality on TC gems and link Enhance to it. While you kite around the Syndicates and keep them in the middle of your circle, they are noticeably slower. Never ever stop casting Winter Orb as the minions will kill them fast anyway and stopping increased risk of dying ten-folds. If you go low on ES, retreat and recharge ES while moving away from the fight to counter teleport hits.

With enough chaos resistance, practice and good kiting Syndicates won't be that much harder than rest of the content. They are brutal if you remain stationary of kite outside of Temporal Chains range.

"
Hi all golemancers!

Im am currently trying out this golemancer build and i am torn between Occulist and elementalist. I have read the build section, but can i still do endgame content as occulist with only "3 points in damage"?

Hi :)

Golems scale damage mostly with Harmonies and not minion nodes. Occultist will have good Golems damage with 7-8 Harmonies. TV Specters will help boss damage a lot if you find helmet with good supports.

Chaos explosions will clear packs very fast, but bosses take bit longer to kill than with other variants. Boss kill is still very good, but Occultist shines best in deep Delves thanks to great survival.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Thanks, maybe i try improve my gear later, hope it help.
Im already put about ~5 ex in gear and all i get its about 2.5HP and 4.5ES (so its 7k hybrid).
Also im have bad luck with corrupting skins of loyal (wasted 2ex) and making 6l for Vis Mortis (wasted ~700-100fuse, still dont).
Im think im just accept oneshoot death from anything and try something not-witch based next time )))
"
mika2salo wrote:

EB + Mom setup would be interesting. Please post if there if it works as I would like to see how it turns out :)

Hi again. I tried this and can't say I was impressed. This setup's flaws were so glaring that I don't think it's worth much exploring. Not as an Occultist, anyway.

In theory you could reserve all of your mana and cast your spells from ES. In particular resummoning golems can get expensive. However, to get anywhere with such a setup you'd want to stack multiple auras/blasphemy curses and reduced mana reservation, including in gear. That hits your helmet slot either by reserving a unique (bad because you'll want a pseudo-6L) or by adding extra constraints to mods (bad because you'll want reduced mana reservation AND energy shield AND minion supports).

Effective life pool stayed the same, except you don't get CI and Occultist's ES buffs are a bit meaningless if they hit only 30% of your pool. A Necromancer might get away with the setup by cheesing auras, but that's not for me to test. I've swapped back to CI with Victario's and it's working much better.
"
iunewind wrote:
Thanks, maybe i try improve my gear later, hope it help.
Im already put about ~5 ex in gear and all i get its about 2.5HP and 4.5ES (so its 7k hybrid).
Also im have bad luck with corrupting skins of loyal (wasted 2ex) and making 6l for Vis Mortis (wasted ~700-100fuse, still dont).
Im think im just accept oneshoot death from anything and try something not-witch based next time )))

Hello :)

That's just how minion builds work in the game. You get to run pretty much all mods blindly, but on the other hand you can't leech and getting armor is very hard. High EHP keeps you alive well against elemental hits, but physical can be very dangerous. Play-style is mostly running around constantly and avoiding big hits and packs of mobs.

I hope you hit something good soon with vaals or fusing. Normal Sotl and pseudo 6-7 link helmet are already enough to do all content in the game, but more damage is always nice to get :)

"
Hi again. I tried this and can't say I was impressed. This setup's flaws were so glaring that I don't think it's worth much exploring. Not as an Occultist, anyway.

In theory you could reserve all of your mana and cast your spells from ES. In particular resummoning golems can get expensive. However, to get anywhere with such a setup you'd want to stack multiple auras/blasphemy curses and reduced mana reservation, including in gear. That hits your helmet slot either by reserving a unique (bad because you'll want a pseudo-6L) or by adding extra constraints to mods (bad because you'll want reduced mana reservation AND energy shield AND minion supports).

Effective life pool stayed the same, except you don't get CI and Occultist's ES buffs are a bit meaningless if they hit only 30% of your pool. A Necromancer might get away with the setup by cheesing auras, but that's not for me to test. I've swapped back to CI with Victario's and it's working much better.

Hey :)

Nice to hear from your experiment! Well, at least we are experience wiser now.

I think the HP / ES / Mana ratio is pretty hard to get right with summoner gear. If most of stuff is armor based, it should be doable easier. Curses + Discipline sure don't make it much easier. Maybe running Discipline in Essence Worm would keep mana open for Mom?

UPDATE

Golemancer guild is now recruiting and has 5x open slots

I cleaned some old offliners and made room for new members ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 25, 2019, 8:05:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info