[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Anyone good with filterblade that can make a nice filter for leveling?
I always use the neversink filter but it doesn't highlight the good items for witch imo.
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
Anakhon wrote:

2b2r2g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + Slower proj
2b1r3g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + slower proj + pierce (pierce itself is useless, but grant "more proj damage")
3b1r2g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + GMP + slower proj
4b1r1g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + controlled destruction + GMP
3b2r1g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + GMP

Okay thanks, aber lets explain little bit further, if 3b2r1g is to expensive, which variant would be second / third best option?

According to Path of Building it is this.

1) (What the build calls for) 3b2r1g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus/controlled destruction + GMP

2) 4b1r1g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + controlled destruction + GMP

3) 3b1r2g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + GMP + slower proj

3) 2b2r2g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + Slower proj

4) 2b1r3g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + slower proj + pierce (pierce itself is useless, but grant "more proj damage")
Last edited by Bioness on Aug 30, 2018, 2:05:28 AM
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

There is comparison section at FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - > NECROMANCER, OCCULTIST OR ELEMENTALIST?

Occutlist is great if you like more tankier char at the price of some DPS, or want to try out the new amulet with just Golems.

Necromancer gets stun immunity from the Presence Of Chayula anyway, so stun immunity matters most if you want to run some other amulet.

Ok so this part didn't change (yet?) ^^ thanks for the clarification!

Hello :)

The whole stun immunity talk is about the new amulet with extra Golems. Old Chayula will keep all of its lines, so there's no need to run Occultist just for stun immunity if not especially using "The Primordial Chain".

"
Since I don't really play Std I decided to go and build a MF version of the flame golemancer.

Not tanky at all compared to OP as it's an a elementalist with no defensive curses. It does have 5.5k ES & 3.7k life so it's not bad for a MF build. It also has grace thrown in for a little bit of passive defense. I am 1 dex off from being able to max grace which is a little poopy :(

117% Increased quant before the Bisco's Collar. Just need to get the 2nd Ventor's to 10% quant for a nice round 120%. I'll probably pick up something in Delve that will do the job as I am planning to run a MF setup to start anyway. Also need to re-buy the Harmonies as all mine are on the old recovery speeds.

Not one for bossing or doing the higher maps anyway so this is fairly nice if you want to run un-id'ed T6 - T8 ish without feeling like you will be constantly wrecked. Except by Chaos damage - that will hurt!

Anyway, I expect I will finish her in the next league although improvements will be just the jewels and the Ventor's as mentioned above. At least running maps next league is going to feel a little empty anyway so being able to run some on Std with decent drop rates will make a nice change if the league doesn't hold my interest too long.

GL in Delve everyone :)

Hey :)

Setup looks pretty good. Golems are pretty effecive for MF especially if going at bit slower speed.

Necromancer is also pretty good for MF if you pair SG Specs with Golems as the will both clear out packs extremely fast.

"
So when starting new witch in delve league you go directly down to EE then first take the wheel of gravepact, go up to death attunement and then the rest and drop the gravepact wheel once you get the minion nodes around templar area?

Also do you pick the curse nodes as last or would you get them pretty quickly? Think better to get first to the +1 curse and then pick the other curse nodes?

Hi :)

I upgraded the leveling guide. I decided to go for Specters as soon as possible as Zombies are not really doing much damage but rather just tanking while SRS are actually killing mobs at early levels.

EE is not very useful before getting Specters as SRS deals only 50% of damage as fire, but it's still nice DPS boost if wanting extra damage early. Just that casting SRS and triggering EE at same time can be some extra work.

Damage is plenty right form getting Specters out, so there's no need to rush extra curse early. It's more effective to stack EHP (HP + ES) on self and focus on keeping minions alive.

"

As someone who never tried summoner.. how bad is to play with no stun immunity? Rly wanna run elementalist with the new ammy

"
It's ok. I played 2 previous leagues without Chayula. Stun immunity is not game-changer.

Problem is you are also loosing Chaos res and ~1K EHP. If you rely on ES regen you also loose part of ES regen because of less ES.

Hi :)

Losing stun immunity is not dangerous at 99% of situations, but the 1% will most likely kill you especially if you are using predictive mode.

You can combat stun by using Kiara's determination and the Pantheon but they require that you either get stunned once, or predict when you will get stunned and use flask before it.

Losing chaos res and EHP is real, but I'm still going to test amulet myself in league also :P

"
If sotl will be too expensive and we go with 2b2r2g instead of 2b3r1g, is there any changes in used gems?

In 3.2 it was:

Summon Flame Golem
spell echo
Minion Damage Support
Greater Multiple Projektile Support
Fire Penetration
slower projectile

Probably just change fire pen to combustion, or any other changes so far?

"
Combustion doesn't provide much damage itself compared to other skills as burning is not a huge amount of damage anyway. The debuff itself is fine, as long as enemies are burning (and since you already have TV or double curse, it won't change your life)

Example of "best" links possible depending on the color you have (some are obviously more powerful than others)

2b2r2g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + Slower proj
2b1r3g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + slower proj + pierce (pierce itself is useless, but grant "more proj damage")
3b1r2g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + GMP + slower proj
4b1r1g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + controlled destruction + GMP
3b2r1g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + GMP

"
@mika2salo Could you add this to the first page posts, it's very useful for new players.

"
Okay thanks, aber lets explain little bit further, if 3b2r1g is to expensive, which variant would be second / third best option?

"
According to Path of Building it is this.

1) (What the build calls for) 3b2r1g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus/controlled destruction + GMP

2) 4b1r1g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + controlled destruction + GMP

3) 3b1r2g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + elemental focus + GMP + slower proj

3) 2b2r2g -> FG + fire pen / empower + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + Slower proj

4) 2b1r3g -> FG + minion damage + spell echo + GMP + slower proj + pierce (pierce itself is useless, but grant "more proj damage")

Reason why other Sotl colors are not listed in guide is to keep other color combos cheap.

When I released the guide 2r1g3b costed about 1 ex and raised to 5 ex in league or two. After I got lot of posts about Sotl prices, I added 3r1g2b Sotl as alternative to the guide as it costed 20c at the time and now it's also 3-4 ex.

My guess is that flippers check threads for popular, cheap items and hoard them to raise the prices.

I was worried that 2r2g2b would also raise in price if It was added to the guide, so it has been public "secret" in thread and has been posted all the time. It's price is still 20-40c, so it seems to be working ok.

Anakhons solution mihgt also work, as if we add enough color combos all variants can't be possibly bought out of the market. I think that at least Echo and GMP are required to use Flame Golems, but other 3x gems may all be changeable.

I'm still thinking about what's best for keeping Sotl prices down (I have to also buy my own Sotl in league after all :P), but I will be talking about this with guild. I will most likely add all possible Sotl color combos with Pob damage modifier compared to best color (1x -> 0-85x etc) if it's best to add all colors

Please note that Pob wont show the 20% extra damage that TV Specs will be doing when using Combustion. Golems DPS might look bit lower than using Cont Dest, but total damage is higher when adding TVs to it.

"
This is such a great guide! I've been debating which build to start Delve with, but after seeing the patch notes I'm making this my league starter. Have not played a summoner since my very first build (it didn't go too well) so excited to try again.

If there's still room in the guild I would love to join. I'll try to keep my questions to a minimum :)

Thanks for support ^^

I will be sending you guild invite right after posting this, so welcome to the guild! :)

There's still good amount of free slots left, so you can also PM me in thread if no officers are online and you want to join before league starts.

"
Anyone good with filterblade that can make a nice filter for leveling?
I always use the neversink filter but it doesn't highlight the good items for witch imo.

I'm also interested if anyone has good item filter to use. I have been using NeverSink with some customization using filterblade but I would gladly use ready one also.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 30, 2018, 2:54:03 AM
Never done a golemancer as a starter, is it an relatively "easy" build to start out with? I'm thinking of going Elementalist and maybe respec to Necro when I get equipment (Primordial's)
Summoner builds are very easy as you could just use Summon Raging Spirits till you hit maps and use zombies as a meatshield infront of you aswell as the SRS.
Once you get Raise Spectre together with the passive you can already summon 2 powerful minions and those 2 will get you to maps pretty easy.
Bones of Ullr allows you to raise 1 more spectre and the boots are quite cheap normally and will be even cheaper with the new option of crafting boots with +1 spectre.

I don't think it is beneficial to first go Elemental and then go Necromancer as Necromancer also boosts the damage of the spectres which alone can get you quite far into maps.
And then it is just starting to upgrade gear bit by bit.

If you manage to get a clayshaper you go 2 golems and 2/3 spectres and you just breeze through the content already.
If you get more spectres then golems early on it is most likely better to use a 5link for spectres instead of golems but I haven't done the math what is better.
MIkao most like can answer that a bit better.
Is this build viable as a league starter or does it take to much currency to get golems going. How much were the jewels in past leagues?
"
Zarge911 wrote:
Never done a golemancer as a starter, is it an relatively "easy" build to start out with? I'm thinking of going Elementalist and maybe respec to Necro when I get equipment (Primordial's)

"
Summoner builds are very easy as you could just use Summon Raging Spirits till you hit maps and use zombies as a meatshield infront of you aswell as the SRS.
Once you get Raise Spectre together with the passive you can already summon 2 powerful minions and those 2 will get you to maps pretty easy.
Bones of Ullr allows you to raise 1 more spectre and the boots are quite cheap normally and will be even cheaper with the new option of crafting boots with +1 spectre.

I don't think it is beneficial to first go Elemental and then go Necromancer as Necromancer also boosts the damage of the spectres which alone can get you quite far into maps.
And then it is just starting to upgrade gear bit by bit.

If you manage to get a clayshaper you go 2 golems and 2/3 spectres and you just breeze through the content already.
If you get more spectres then golems early on it is most likely better to use a 5link for spectres instead of golems but I haven't done the math what is better.
MIkao most like can answer that a bit better.

"
Is this build viable as a league starter or does it take to much currency to get golems going. How much were the jewels in past leagues?

Hello :)

Not much to add to Krekels advice. Not much reason to level as Elementalist if you don't want to go for Golems really early. With Necro Specters can carry you easily to t13+ maps alone. If really wanting to stretch budget, you need about 10 c worth of currency to enter mid tier maps even with just Specters :
- Vis Mortis
- Midnight Bargain
- Bones ol ullr
- 1c uniques from leving guide
- random rares

Golem jewels were all time cheapest last league and I think both Anima an Mihgt were 20c piece at cheapest point. GGG Also released 21/0 corrupt Flame Golems divine cards, so its price is about 3-4 c nowdays even early league.

If you focus on raising Temporal Chains effect and keep Specters level at map tier, you very rarely die and don't need to upgrade rare items very often.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 30, 2018, 5:13:43 AM
Thanks for the replies, I think Ill skip for now as Spectres are my least favorite (or down there) playstyle.
"
Zarge911 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I think Ill skip for now as Spectres are my least favorite (or down there) playstyle.

There are alternatives to leveling. You can level as standard witch till lvl 41:
- Freezing pulse till lvl 12
- Fire trap + Firestorm totem till lvl 41 (fire trap got buffed 3.4 :) )
Just grab all "spell damage" and "fire damage" nodes at witch tree start and respec later.
And don't forget "+1 socketed fire gems" vendor recipe, of course.

At lvl 41 you buy:
2x Clayshapers
1x 5l or Tabula if affordable

No specters, just 3 golems. Even without jewels it will carry you to yellow maps.
Last edited by c__rat on Aug 30, 2018, 6:30:58 AM
Hi,

I have played this build in Bestiary, and I am all psyched to make it my main character for Delve.

If you have a spot open in the guild, I would love to join 😁

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info