[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
meltboogie wrote:
are the tukohamas vanguards better than the solar guards from act 8?

Ive been using solar guards with greater projectiles, but not sure if i should be running tukohamas

SG are fine for yellow and white maps; they have good AI and good 'aoe' damage with GMP.
TV are better for red maps; their totems do a lot of single target damage.

They need different gems and slot colours though, so you can't just swap between them without a bit of reconfiguring.

Another spectre that does really well is the fire-eater; they can share the support gems with SGs, too.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
I love this build. Thank you.

What is better to buy first? Skin of The Loyal or Presence of Chaluya?
I wearing now Shavrone and using a 5L for the Flame Golems.

I prefer to be more tankier then to deal more damage.

Thank you,
"
Myair wrote:
Hi

Can work this build with 6l vis mortis armor? If i focus on boss killing speed with 4 spectre + necro ascend? Ty your answer everytime.

Hello :)

Build can work with 6l Vis Mortis. You lose 20% total Golem damage, but gain 25% more specter damage (3->4 specs). Clear speed will be bit slower but boss kill time bit better. Guild members have reported that extra Spec really matter in boss fifht especially if you are using Tukohama Vanguards.

"
Hi!
First: I love your build! I managed to get to lvl 91 with it and achieve 30 challenges so far. I read most of it and I looked from time to time for some changes. I took a 2 week break from PoE and struggle now to get back, because my AC frustrates me. I lost him him in a mino run (all other guardians were no problem) and am sick and tired of that guy. And I'm overwhelmed now by the volume of posts on here and searching for "AC" makes almost no sense.
What would you suggest as an alternative to ancestral guardian? I'm an elementalist with 6 flame golems, atm (am saving for death's door for 4+1+1).
I'm also playing with the idea to go for occultist, as your demonstration of it's effectiveness was very convincing!

Edit: char is named Gindrala, btw.

Edit2: Ha! Nevermind! I just found your suggestion to replace AC with fortitude. I'm not 100% convinced, but will give it a try.

Thanks for support ^^

Using Animate Guardian without support and no global minion life from helmet is always bit risky on t16+ maps. AG is pretty much immortal in tiers below T16 but some bosses can deal enough damage to kill it in seconds after that.

Fortify replaces AG and adds more defense to the character. Your Specters are not in minion life support helmet using Elementalist, so you may potentially lose them in Shaper or higher fights. You may want to switch to helmet with minion damage and life supports if that happens :

"
Some initial findings:
I did the shaper guardians, shaper and T16 elder guardians (but not uber elder), all deathless. Phase run + inc duration + quicksilver feels really nice and fast. With increased duration, you get 4s of phase run and its cooldown is also 4s, so it's ready to go as soon as it wears off. It's definitely faster than shield charge + faster attacks and feels much more controllable.

I also used AOTS and Ele Weakness for all those bosses. I think with phase run's invisibility (and hinder from AOTS), temp chains is not necessary anymore, if going single curse. I was just running through packs and I could see ele weakness being applied, as well as the webs from AOTS. If phase run wore off mid pack, I could recast it and none of the mobs would attack me.

I'm going to try out arc + spell totem next and see how it pairs up with phase running; arc seems to hit instantly compared to the travel time of orb of storms, so I think it should match up nicely.

When I get a chance, I'll record a guardian run.

Hi :)

Glad to hear you liked the Phase Run setup. You are actually pretty close to the old setup already.

I meant literal invisibility with Phase Run ;) If you activate Phase Run manually and then use Phasing flash, or was it other way around you end up as invisible! I think it hasn't been fixed yet.

Arc is pretty nice but has bad habit at hitting boss minions instead of boss in fights.

"
i did some upgrades on my gear and skill tree u can check it up :D i cant find a good rings atm but im doing my best to follow u guide up

Hey :)

New gloves looks pretty good but has kinda low ES. Blind should add nice defense against physical mobs though. Maybe self crafting blind gloves at some point if possible? My crystal Belt crafting guide can work as base for crafting as you basically want chance to blind and high ES as base 2x mods.

Shield change with dropping Necro Aegis looks interesting. Elementalist cant really raise block chance with Bone Offering and losing charges from Charity drops minions damage quite a bit. Rings, and gloves are pretty good source for EHP once you find good rings and maybe craft gloves.

Flame Golem 21/0 gem would increase Golems DPS and HP by 10% and only costs less than 10c. Level is more important that quality for GOlem gem.

Gems and tree look excellent ;)

"
are the tukohamas vanguards better than the solar guards from act 8?

Ive been using solar guards with greater projectiles, but not sure if i should be running tukohamas

"
SG are fine for yellow and white maps; they have good AI and good 'aoe' damage with GMP.
TV are better for red maps; their totems do a lot of single target damage.

They need different gems and slot colours though, so you can't just swap between them without a bit of reconfiguring.

Another spectre that does really well is the fire-eater; they can share the support gems with SGs, too.

Yep, Solar Guards are doing pretty much same role as Flame GOlems which is provide clear-speed. SGs are best while Golems are still low level and cant 1-2 shot rare mobs yet.

Tukohama Vanguards are much better at boss killing that SGs are. When Flame GOlems can clear at walk speed, there is little reason to use SGs over TVs unless focusing purely on clear-speed.

"
I love this build. Thank you.

What is better to buy first? Skin of The Loyal or Presence of Chaluya?
I wearing now Shavrone and using a 5L for the Flame Golems.

I prefer to be more tankier then to deal more damage.

Thank you,

Thanks for support ^^

You would buy first 2r2g2b (Golem -> Empower -> GMP -> Slower Projectiles -> minion damage -> Echo, 20-30c) Skin of Loyal and then presence of Chayula if tight on budget. This way you lose only 20% total damage while also get huge defense boost from Presence. You can later upgrade Sotl for better colors if needed.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 18, 2018, 1:32:16 PM
Ples forgiv - I'm not a pure flame golemancer, but this seems like the right place to ask.

I'm running golems in my gloves in a "summon all the things" toon, and these gloves have me confused:

Are the flame golems projectiles set to a specific distance (like arrows) or are they timed (like freezing pulse), and if the latter - can Slower Projectiles interfer with their aim?
Also, do the Increased Projectile Damage apply for the socketed minions, or is this caster only?

Toolbar damage does not seem to change from when using generic gloves.
But the icon for Slower Projectiles still shows up on the golems in the toolbar. Then again, who knows which of their attacks the toolbar displays..

thanks guise
My Tukohamas Vanguard spectres die at virtually every red map boss. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks for any advice.
hi, can u check I'm doing fine or need any adjustment? xD thank you
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/linhdeptrai94/characters Char name AscyAscend
"
HairyNugget wrote:
Ples forgiv - I'm not a pure flame golemancer, but this seems like the right place to ask.

I'm running golems in my gloves in a "summon all the things" toon, and these gloves have me confused:

Are the flame golems projectiles set to a specific distance (like arrows) or are they timed (like freezing pulse), and if the latter - can Slower Projectiles interfer with their aim?
Also, do the Increased Projectile Damage apply for the socketed minions, or is this caster only?

Toolbar damage does not seem to change from when using generic gloves.
But the icon for Slower Projectiles still shows up on the golems in the toolbar. Then again, who knows which of their attacks the toolbar displays..

thanks guise

Slower Projectiles should not mess with Golems projectiles. Golems Orbs get the "more" damage multiplier and if projectiles are flying bit slower it's not affecting the range much, if at all.

Toolbad doesn't show much useful stats about minions. You have to use "Path of Building" to import character and check minions stats there.

"Path of Building" is great offline tool that can import characters data if they are public. This tool is only ways to really calculate minions damage as tooltip doesn't show even estimate.

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

"
My Tukohamas Vanguard spectres die at virtually every red map boss. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks for any advice.

Your helmet has minion life support and specters resistances are capped so I assume you are not raising Specters level constantly? Here is how to do it :

Keeping Specters level up

When you enter any area while you have certain type of Specter up, it will automatically add that Specter type to the possible monster types that can be desecrated in the area. If you have level 50 Specters and want to raise them to level 60, you have to :
Enter level 60 area with wanted type of Specter raised
Start casting high enough level Desecrate to summon level 60 Corpses
Continue casting Desecrate until you find wanted type of corpse
(Optional) At this point drop all original Specters by removing the gem and inserting back again
Raise the Specter and it will be now level 60
Continue casting Desecrate until you have maximum number of Specters from the area

"
hi, can u check I'm doing fine or need any adjustment? xD thank you
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/linhdeptrai94/characters Char name AscyAscend

Heres list about thinks you might want to upgrade :
- Helmet with ES base (ES gives you more EHP (HP + ES), evasion doens't)
- Rings with (40+ ES, 40+ HP, resists)
- Skin of the loyal (2r2g2b if in budget, Golem -> Empower -> GMP -> Slower projectiles -> minion damage -> Echo. Sotl gives more flat ES than shavs with high tier gear as it gives 100% increase)
- Link Enhance with Temp Chains and Blasphemy (It makes HUGE difference)
- Maybe run Ele Weak and Temp Chains in same links with Enhance (Both scale with quality better than Flamma)
- Maybe get chance to blind gloves and link Ball Light + Light Golem + Ice Golem there to give them chance to blind
- Take left side of tree for Chaos res, mana reduction for dual curses and "Faith and Steel" for ele res to help capping.

Your EHP is dangerously low for your level and Temp Chains curse is not running at full power. I would focus on boosting both while getting Sotl to boost Golems EHP and DPS. Shorter fight means less kiting ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 19, 2018, 7:10:45 PM
When you enter any area while you have certain type of Specter up, it will automatically add that Specter type to the possible monster types that can be desecrated in the area. If you have level 50 Specters and want to raise them to level 60, you have to :
Enter level 60 area with wanted type of Specter raised
Start casting high enough level Desecrate to summon level 60 Corpses
Continue casting Desecrate until you find wanted type of corpse
(Optional) At this point drop all original Specters by removing the gem and inserting back again
Raise the Specter and it will be now level 60
Continue casting Desecrate until you have maximum number of Specters from the area

Well that worked wonders, thanks for the help.
And now i have found "Corpse Targeting" in options i am finding things a little easier lol.
I am a 64 year old and i seem to be missing the obvious quite often.
As i played this build as a "kill when dead" build i owe you heaps. Made a lot of currency back then.

If there is any other improvements i can make then please go ahead otherwise i am very happy with the build.
Thank you so much again.

Well... I just made this ring...

What should I do?

I figure I can put faster start of energy shield recharge since this is an occultist variant of the build and it has open prefix which seems perfect, but then again, I get the feeling that this is just an insanely expensive item... Maybe I should suffix cannot be changed -> block mana -> Slam it twice and repeat until I get t1 ES and t1 Life?

Could be a long time before that happens but it certainly looks amazing to me right now just as is, what do you guys think?
Last edited by FlayerX on Apr 20, 2018, 1:53:20 AM
"
Well that worked wonders, thanks for the help.
And now i have found "Corpse Targeting" in options i am finding things a little easier lol.
I am a 64 year old and i seem to be missing the obvious quite often.
As i played this build as a "kill when dead" build i owe you heaps. Made a lot of currency back then.

If there is any other improvements i can make then please go ahead otherwise i am very happy with the build.
Thank you so much again.

Glad to hear it helped ^^

- You don't really need "Skittering Runes" as Occultist as Ascendnacy already gives same amount curse effectiveness.
- Anti burn flask can save you from flame blast exile and Atziri

Other than that, everything looks to be in order ;)

"
FlayerX wrote:
Well... I just made this ring...

What should I do?

I figure I can put faster start of energy shield recharge since this is an occultist variant of the build and it has open prefix which seems perfect, but then again, I get the feeling that this is just an insanely expensive item... Maybe I should suffix cannot be changed -> block mana -> Slam it twice and repeat until I get t1 ES and t1 Life?

Could be a long time before that happens but it certainly looks amazing to me right now just as is, what do you guys think?

Wow, gz on extremely nice roll! o_0

I'm not really good with master mod craftings, but if you have currency and know what you are doing you can increase it's value even further.

You may also want to craft some master mod on it and sell it later with free slot to increase its price.

I'd say the ring is worth 15-20 ex easy already.
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 20, 2018, 11:53:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info