| 3.0 | Electro Cyclone | T17 DOWN |

"
darkfear41 wrote:
hey gepmah! love this build having a blast even though im just mid level and trying to go up.

i saw that you mentioned that the tree is relatively flexible so i would just like to get your input on this

1. I'm stopping at Vaal Pact and not taking Trickery and Coordination cos I'm not very convinced about their usefulness, but instead I'm taking Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement. But I'm not sure about the mechanics so I need your advice on it if those two are good choices for a DPS increase..

2. What do you think about Elemental Equilibrium? Since we are running multiple elemental damage sources do you think it would be useful?

Anyway thanks again awesome starter build!

seems like OP has stopped looking.. can anyone else help me to address this? thanks in advance!
"
darkfear41 wrote:
"
darkfear41 wrote:
hey gepmah! love this build having a blast even though im just mid level and trying to go up.

i saw that you mentioned that the tree is relatively flexible so i would just like to get your input on this

1. I'm stopping at Vaal Pact and not taking Trickery and Coordination cos I'm not very convinced about their usefulness, but instead I'm taking Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement. But I'm not sure about the mechanics so I need your advice on it if those two are good choices for a DPS increase..

2. What do you think about Elemental Equilibrium? Since we are running multiple elemental damage sources do you think it would be useful?

seems like OP has stopped looking.. can anyone else help me to address this? thanks in advance!

1. I'd recommend using Path of Building to check how good a change to the skill tree is but the build needs the int from somewhere, the life nodes are nice considering we take almost all the other ones nearby, and the ele damage is fine. As far as celestial punishment and judgement go I'm not too sure about all the points for judgement, and punishment seems almost worthless. We hit so many times a second for such a small amount of damage on guardians/shaper that even if we manage to trigger a shock it'd be tiny.

2. Elemental Equilibrium is calculated on a per hit basis. What would happen is we'd cyclone hitting a boss with all three elements at the same time giving them +25% to all resistances then the next hit would be 25% less effective and retrigger EE. (this is based on wiki data, I was actually under the impression that a hit of all 3 elements would be a net 0% change but the wording implies that its 25% resists to each element hit and -50% to each element not hit meaning -50% to 0 elements?)
Last edited by aaradib on Oct 17, 2017, 5:15:17 PM
"
aaradib wrote:
"
darkfear41 wrote:
"
darkfear41 wrote:

1. I'd recommend using Path of Building to check how good a change to the skill tree is but the build needs the int from somewhere, the life nodes are nice considering we take almost all the other ones nearby, and the ele damage is fine. As far as celestial punishment and judgement go I'm not too sure about all the points for judgement, and punishment seems almost worthless. We hit so many times a second for such a small amount of damage on guardians/shaper that even if we manage to trigger a shock it'd be tiny.

2. Elemental Equilibrium is calculated on a per hit basis. What would happen is we'd cyclone hitting a boss with all three elements at the same time giving them +25% to all resistances then the next hit would be 25% less effective and retrigger EE. (this is based on wiki data, I was actually under the impression that a hit of all 3 elements would be a net 0% change but the wording implies that its 25% resists to each element hit and -50% to each element not hit meaning -50% to 0 elements?)

Thank you so much for the reply! Yup I tried to search about EE and have reached the same conclusion as you regarding EE..

Yes you're right about punishment as well, seems like it's not worth trying to shock, so I'll try to see if it's worthwhile to keep judgement..

How about all the two handed weapon nodes that were missed? Are they worthwhile?
"
aaradib wrote:
"
darkfear41 wrote:
"
darkfear41 wrote:

oh but i realise punishment has 30% increased damage against burning enemies too which is almost always since our enemies seem to always be burning.. so does it really make it useless still?
any opinions on fortify instead of ruthless?
the extra survivability is nice on endgame maps I guess...
I took Cloaked in Savagery on cruel run... that mademe able to do Merciless lab at lvl 63
this build still on 3.1 with new vaalpack? :l
"
tumkub0012 wrote:

Dunno yet. Will see once patch-notes come out!
NANI
"
gepmah wrote:
"
tumkub0012 wrote:

What do you think? Any suggested updates for 3.1?
"
RamboMarino wrote:
"
gepmah wrote:
"
tumkub0012 wrote:

What do you think? Any suggested updates for 3.1?

Hm, due to Vaal pact nerf, I think it'll be hard to facetank anymore)
Now we MUST go through Vitality void to get faster life leech and avoid damage. Good thing is - reflect is basically dead, so this is not an issue anymore.

That's basically it, go to VP + grab Vitality Void. Now we don't need to go to the Ranger area for VP, THIS IS A BUFF! Now you can grab more defensive and offensive stats on the tree around Marauder/Templar. Also, it open's a great opportunity to go Ele overload, cuz we have a lot of spare points left from old Vaal pact.

Here's the tree (Resolute technique lvl90)
-227% hp on the tree
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPkACyEAAHnG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7Grjwtg8y3Pv4K2L2DX8T2r6cczitQDc3-VHKp9zJ82ayqWfMaOJBVJy_qGHasz35R5ndTOzuexfjr891oZRRx2XyCBw48OlK8nxiR_EsUTYZg5K1nWGCRYVLvTl4TQKAhVdw9B3XApnrvBS107drBLlPTb4TvqSeQbIdqqZSE2Ud-vTZlTb6nQzFM_04qKjgj028nmmryRTrhplc1kv6PTeNyD5RvZlR35Qthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmPAXvfIKbV-LtIOFzl3kJljkOvwgkNxbpmFf4X1_QIZDqEAAAAAAA

I personally will go with my own Slayer bow build (Tornado shot/Barrage)
NANI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info