[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

When it comes to automation in gaming, I prefer a strict approach over a lenient one. The cases of doubt should enjoy responsive customer support to sort things out. An (A)RPG is too dependant on the economy to not protect well.

Anyway, about ingame whispers, just because the amount of ingame recipients is lower doesn't make any difference regarding to how data is treated serverside. Chat messages are just chunks of data back and forth. Different channels run largely through the same parts of code. When it comes to checking serverside data (GGG) do not assume any different treatment of the data based on what channel you used.

And using keywords to scan this data is probably the only option, as it takes unrealistic manpower to do this manually. Plus there's the fuzzy factor. On one day they may let something slip, on the other perhaps not. Who knows? Maybe they all ordered chinese food and Chris ate the last fried banana. And maybe now that banana is laughing at you.

Kind of evil if you think of it.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
sarahaustin wrote:
And your video proof could be faked

yep im sure the guy who posted it fakes it to make it look like hes using a flask macro LUL
Last edited by tempaccount9998 on Jan 30, 2017, 3:46:23 PM
"
Just reported a player for using the same exact macro as I did, with video proof.

Now to see if GGG wants to permaban a guy with many supporter tags.

If he doesn't get permabanned without warning I should get unbanned too.

What a ridiculous statement. I would love to know how you are proving that a flask macro is being used.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Jan 30, 2017, 4:09:07 PM
thwapp thwapp thwapp

that's the sound of the dead horse everyone is beating
"
RandallPOE wrote:
thwapp thwapp thwapp

that's the sound of the dead horse everyone is beating

Thwapp.

I'm helping.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Just reported a player for using the same exact macro as I did, with video proof.

Now to see if GGG wants to permaban a guy with many supporter tags.

If he doesn't get permabanned without warning I should get unbanned too.

What a ridiculous statement. I would love to know how you are proving that a flask macro is being used.

3 flasks used inside 1 frame of a video, pretty much confirmed
i find it very funny.

like, GGG can't detect if you use logitech/razor mouse/keyboard... how they know if you use a macro or not...

afaik : Logitech and Razer each offer macro build in tool in they mouse/keyboard that even a noob can configure. press 1 key and the mouse/keyboard will do the suite of key you press before.

What im wondering is HOW GGG can detect the difference between me pressing 1-2-3-4-5... or the macro build-in in the mouse/keyboard that do the same (but require me juste press 1 touch)

When im programming, i know what keyboard tuch have been press, but i can't say if a program or a humain have done the action.

well i can check the time between each keypress AND a timeframe and see pattern, but that would like chasing ghost..

no ?
"
Daakutenshi wrote:
i find it very funny.

like, GGG can't detect if you use logitech/razor mouse/keyboard... how they know if you use a macro or not...

afaik : Logitech and Razer each offer macro build in tool in they mouse/keyboard that even a noob can configure. press 1 key and the mouse/keyboard will do the suite of key you press before.

What im wondering is HOW GGG can detect the difference between me pressing 1-2-3-4-5... or the macro build-in in the mouse/keyboard that do the same (but require me juste press 1 touch)

When im programming, i know what keyboard tuch have been press, but i can't say if a program or a humain have done the action.

well i can check the time between each keypress AND a timeframe and see pattern, but that would like chasing ghost..

no ?

yes macros are undetectable

but if u say "i use flask macro" u get banned
"
"
Daakutenshi wrote:
i find it very funny.

no ?

While I believe that the 'white knights' are flocking to attack you, as they do anyone who is remotely critical of their lord developers, this isn't true. They can specifically monitor the patterns in which key strokes are made. If you are hitting 1-2-3-4-5 in exactly a specific interval, hundreds of millions of times, your behavior is obviously going to be that of a blatant multi function macro key, rather than a normal human action that is going to have erratic, inconsistent delays in between key presses. I've actually read where Chris stated that this was a method in which they were detecting people who were using multi function macros, hence where I am getting this from. Let this be a word of warning for anyone else considering using such macros. Not a very good idea. You're much better off setting up a macro key that performs a series of different steps and relies on each step being performed with each individual key press, i.e. you're spamming one key to perform the same number of actions that you normally would with 5 keys (one key press = 1 > spam > 2 > spam 3 > spam > 4 > spam 5). This is not a ban-able offense.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
"
Daakutenshi wrote:
i find it very funny.

no ?

As if that was the only reason youre banned, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info